Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Town Tool Shop
|Town Tool Shop|
The Town Tool Shop is the local shop in Mabe Village in Link's Awakening. It is one of the few shops of Koholint Island. It is possible for Link to steal items from this shop by either distracting the shopkeeper or by using the Pegasus Boots. However, if this is done, upon re-entry, the shopkeeper will kill Link for stealing from him. In addition, every character in the game will refer to Link as 'THIEF' from that point on, effectively replacing his name in in-game text.
Wares and Pricing
|Arrows (10)||10 Rupees|
Bow & Arrow Set
|Hearts (3)||10 Rupees|
- When Link steals something from the Town Tool Shop in Link's Awakening DX, a picture of him stealing an item will be added to his photo album. On this photo, there are two signs: 万引防止, found on the leftmost sign in the store, means "Shoplifting prevention", and 万引は犯罪です, found on right sign in the store, means "Shoplifting is a crime."
- In the Canadian French version, the in-shop name of the Shield is "Bouclier personnalisé", implying that when buying the Shield, Link can have his name engraved on the back of it. Similar to the way Tarin mentions that the Shield he found has Link's name on it.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Bazar du Centre||Center Bazaar|
|FrenchEU||Bazar du Centre||Center Bazaar|
|SpanishLA||Tienda de herramientas||Tool Shop|
- "Town Tool Shop" — Atlas of Koholint Island (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Guess what? You got it for free. Are you proud of yourself?" — Town Tool Shopkeeper (Link's Awakening DX)
- "I wasn't kidding when I said pay! Now, you'll pay the ultimate price!!" — Town Tool Shopkeeper (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Bouclier personnalisé. 20 rubis!" — Town Tool Shopkeeper (Link's Awakening)
- "Well, Link , ya finally snapped out of it... Name's Tarin... Hope yer feelin' better... What? How did I know your name? You think it's weird eh? Well, I saw it on back of this shield!" — Tarin (Link's Awakening DX)