Skipper was once the captain of the Sandship, a vessel that protected Nayru's Flame. It once had a family with at least one child and an admiring crew. After its ship was taken by the pirate LD-002G Scervo, Skipper's crew were taken hostage and Skipper was thrown overboard. Eventually, the crew succumbed to the wear of time and broke down. Link first meets Skipper when he activates a Timeshift Stone on a boat near Skipper's deactivated body, reanimating the robot. After hearing of Link's quest to find the Sacred Flames, Skipper enlists his aid in locating its lost ship.
They search for clues across the Lanayru Sand Sea, recovering an accurate map of the past Lanayru Sand Sea from Skipper's home at Skipper's Retreat. Link also rides a mine cart through the vast Lanayru Shipyard where the Sandship was built, and finds the remnants of the ship at the Pirate Stronghold, which Fi analyzes for Dowsing. After they find the Sandship and Link activates its Timeshift Stone, Skipper will commandeer the ship and ask Link to find its crew who have been held hostage for many years.
After Link has defeated the Abyssal Leviathan Tentalus who attacked and destroyed the ship, Skipper and its crew rebuild the Sandship and continue to sail, still protecting the Sacred Flame hidden on board.
- Skipper seems to be the only Ancient Robot who recognizes its death if it steps out of the area affected by the Timeshift Stone.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||RS-301C クックボ (RS-301C Kukkubo)||RS-301C Cuccubo|
|FrenchCA||DL-301 Y Ycéo|
- "It is the leadership model of this series of artificial life-forms. The original purpose of this series of robots was mining. It is the supreme model of the mass-produced robots." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 295
- "Who am I, brrzrrt...? I am the proud skipper of the ship that protects Nayru's Flame, phweep!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "That house holds many dear memories of my family, vrrm. I wonder when I will be able to go home, zrrt. I really want to see my family again, phweep..." — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "Dear Dad, Good luck at work, vrrm!" — Paper (Skyward Sword)
- "Dear Captain, Thanks for everything, zrrt! Yours, the Crew, vrrrrrm." — Paper (Skyward Sword)
- "It was the day of the storm, phoo-weep... My crew and I were navigating the seas as usual, vrrm... And then those brutes, bzzt... the pirates, suddenly attacked us, brrzt. They were after Nayru's Flame, zzpt. My crew was imprisoned...vrrrt... and I was thrown into the sea!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "You say you're searching for Nayru's Flame, bzzt? Oh... So you need Nayru's Flame to find someone important to you, vrrrm...? In that case, you should help me search for my ship and crew, phweep!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "Hmm... There's something weird about that map of yours...vrrm. If you're going to navigate these treacherous waters, then you need a proper sea chart, doo-weep! There is a sea chart in my shack at Skipper's Retreat, bzzzt. So first you need to get on this boat and set a course for Skipper's Retreat!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "The Shipyard is where we used to build our ships, vrrt. My ship was built there too, vweep! If you go to the Shipyard, you might find some clues to the location of my ship, brrzrrt!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "So my ship wasn't here, zrrt? Then there is only one place left for us to look for clues, vrrm... Brrzrrt. This could be scary, but... we'll head to the stronghold of the pirates who stole my ship, phweep! The pirate captain is a mechanical maniac, zrrt! Worse, he has plenty of evil underlings too, vrrm! I never wanted to lay my optical receptors on him again, brrzrrt. But... If we want to take the ship back, then we have no choice, phoo-weep!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "You know the place? Some kind of thing called dowsing, vrrm? That's amazing, phoo-weep! This time we'll definitely find my ship, voo-whooot!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "Now the ship looks just like it used to, phoo-weep! That makes me so happy, vrrm! Now I just need you to go rescue my crew, vweep! I'm pretty sure they're being held in the brig inside the ship, brrzrrt!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "But if you think about it, they should all be dead, brrzrrt! The only reason I'm up and about like this is because of that Timeshift Stone on the boat, phoo-weep!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)