Shrine of Resurrection
|Shrine of Resurrection|
The Shrine of Resurrection is a location in Breath of the Wild. In The Champions' Ballad, serves as the starting point for the Divine Beast Tamer's Trial as well as the entrance to the Final Trial.
Features and Overview
Link awakens from his Slumber of Restoration within the Shrine after hearing the call of Zelda, whose voice he has forgotten. He is guided to a pedestal, where he receives the Sheikah Slate. Afterwards, the door to the chamber opens, leading to another room containing two Treasure Chests with the Old Shirt and the Well-Worn Trousers. Behind the Chests rests a pedestal from which Link can place the Sheikah Slate and open the entrance to the Shrine of Resurrection, leading to the Great Plateau.
One hundred years prior to his awakening, Link was nearly defeated after Calamity Ganon's return. After being saved by Zelda near Fort Hateno, she ordered him to be placed in the Shrine of Resurrection to recover.
After Link has left the Great Plateau, he can return to the Shrine of Resurrection to find a cloud of dust and leaves hovering in the capsule he was resting in. Interacting with the cloud will make a Korok appear, who will give the young hero a Korok Seed.
In The Champions' Ballad, Link must return here to begin the Divine Beast Tamer's Trial. After completing all of the Trials, the Final Trial can be accessed by placing the Sheikah Slate in the pedestal. In doing this, the chamber is revealed to actually be an elevator which descends into the dungeon.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||回生の祠 (Kaisei no Hokora)||Shrine of Regeneration|
|Dutch||Tempel der wederopstanding||Temple of resurrection|
|FrenchEU||Sanctuaire de la Renaissance||Sanctuary of Rebirth|
|German||Schrein des Lebens||Shrine of Life|
|Italian||Sacrario della rinascita||Shrine of rebirth|
|SpanishLA||Santuario de la vida||Sanctuary of life|
- "Shrine of Resurrection" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Open your eyes... Wake up, Link..." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "That is a Sheikah Slate. Take it. It will help guide you after your long slumber." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hold the Sheikah Slate up to the pedestal. That will show you the way." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link, save yourself! Go! I'll be fine! Don't worry about me! Run!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "NO! Was... Was that...? The power..." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Take Link to the Shrine of Resurrection. If you don't get him there immediately, we are going to lose him forever! Is that clear? So make haste and go! His life is now in your hands!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)