Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Location(s)||Shrine of Resurrection|
Location and Uses
The Sheikah Slate is a multipurpose tablet bearing the Crest of the Sheikah. Link obtains it shortly after being awakened by a disembodied voice in the Shrine of Resurrection. Though Link has no recollection of seeing it before, he finds it familiar. He must first use it to get out of the Shrine of Resurrection.
The Sheikah Slate can be used to access the Map of Hyrule, which displays the current Temperature and time, and any Pin and Stamp placed. It also grants access to any of the many Ancient Shrines and Sheikah Towers located across Hyrule. Link must activate the Sheikah Towers to extract the local Map to the Sheikah Slate. Link can use the Sheikah Slate as a Scope when the R Stick is clicked down. In addition to providing a closer view, the Scope ability provides a first-person view from which Link can set Pins.
The Sheikah Slate is able to receive Runes, a form of information that bestows the device a number of different abilities. They serve as a replacement for traditional items such as Bombs. These Runes can be obtained and installed onto the Sheikah Slate at the four initial Ancient Shrines found atop the Great Plateau.
The Camera Rune, the Album, and the Hyrule Compendium features are unavailable at the beginning, as they are encrypted in Sheikah text. They are restored when the tablet is brought to Purah at the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab. Included in the Camera's Album are 12 photographs which were taken by Zelda 100 years ago. Upon completion of the Main Quest, "EX The Champions' Ballad", Monk Maz Koshia gifts Link the Master Cycle Zero Rune.
- In shape, the Sheikah Slate resembles a Nintendo Switch or a Wii U GamePad, referencing the consoles on which Breath of the Wild was released. According to Eiji Aonuma, it was designed to resemble a Wii U GamePad.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||シーカーストーン (Shīkā Sutōn)||Seeker Stone|
|ChineseSI||希卡之石 (Xīkǎ zhī shí)||Sheikah Stone|
|FrenchEU||Tablette Sheikah||Sheikah Tablet|
|Italian||Tavoletta Sheikah||Sheikah tablet|
|Russian||Камень шиика (Kamen' shiika)||Sheikah stone|
|SpanishEU||Piedra sheikah||Sheikah Stone|
|SpanishLA||Tableta sheikah||Sheikah tablet|
- "Sheikah Slate
A mysterious tablet with a glowing center. You've never seen this device before, and yet...there's something familiar about it." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hold the Sheikah Slate up to the pedestal. That will show you the way." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Distilling local information..." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Regional map extracted." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Did you know about the scope on your Sheikah Slate?" — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Scope and Pins" — Ability Controls (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Sheikah Slate data has been damaged" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)