|Era||Era of Light and Dark|
Prince Richard is a noble swordsman who once lived in Kanalet Castle, but his servants went berserk and kicked him out. Prince Richard then moved a little ways off in a small house, Richard's Villa. Prince Richard is only interested in getting his five Golden Leaves back and asks Link to retrieve them. Link receives the Slime Key buried in the Pothole Field, the garden in back of Richard's Villa, for gathering the five leaves.
Prince Richard originates from the game The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls. The overworld theme of the game is also used as Richard's Villa theme. Inside the villa there are many Frogs, which is also a reference to the game.
- If Link waits in Richard's Villa and lets the tune continue for about 2 minutes and 30 seconds, "Totaka's Song" will eventually begin playing.
- Ralph's sprite from Oracle of Ages resembles that of Prince Richard.
- If Link attempts to talk with Prince Richard before returning BowWow to Madam MeowMeow, Prince Richard will shoo him away, telling him to return without the beast.
Richard means "brave power". It is built from the Germanic name elements ric, which means "rule" and "power", along with hard, meaning "hardy" and "brave".
|Names in Other Regions|
Artwork of Prince Richard from a 4koma Link's Awakening manga
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 233 (LA)
- "Salutations! You wouldn't know by the look of me, but I used to live in the castle! My servants went berserk and I was forced to flee to my villa... So, you want the key to Ukuku Prairie, do you? I may be able to help you... Let's make... a deal, shall we? I want you to retrieve the Golden Leaf I left behind in the castle when I fled... Okay No Way" — Richard (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Smashing! To tell you the truth, there are five leaves, and I want them all! Oh, you'll need to do some digging, so buy a shovel! Are you off, then? Good luck!" — Prince Richard (Link's Awakening)
- "Ahh! Tres Bien! I see you have recovered all of the leaves! Now, move this box and you will find your reward!" — Richard (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Ahem! Really, I must insist that you not bring that awful beast in here! Leave that creature outside and then we can talk! Good Bye!" — Richard (Link's Awakening DX)
- Given Name RICHARD, behindthename.com.