Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Era||Era of Light and Dark|
Mamu resides in the pond beneath the Signpost Maze. He teaches Link the "Frog's Song of Soul" after paying him 300 Rupees. Mamu remarks that the ones who hear the song feel more alive. Mamu cannot be revisited afterwards, as he and his choir are away on tour according to the sign outside the pond.
- Mamu is the main villain of Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic, released outside of Japan as Super Mario Bros. 2; however, his name was changed to Wart during localization.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||マムー (Mamū) (LA)||Mamu|
|French||Wart la Grenouille (LA | LADX)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- "'BRRING! BRRING! Yeah, this is Ulrira! You are starting to like music, eh? Well, a frog named Mamu, who lives in the Signpost Maze, might know some new songs, but he charges a lot to play them! Bye! CLICK!'" — Grandpa Ulrira (Link's Awakening DX)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 233 (LA)
- "Ribbit! Ribbit! I'm Mamu, on vocals! But I don't need to tell you that, do I? Everybody knows me! Want to hang out and listen to us jam? For 300 Rupees, we'll let you listen to a previously unreleased cut! What do you do?" — Mamu (Link's Awakening DX)
- "You've learned The Frog's Song of Soul! It's a very moving tune... It can even liven up unliving things!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- "If you play this song, you'll make everything around you feel more alive!" — Mamu (Link's Awakening DX)
- "GONE ON TOUR MAMU" — Signpost (Link's Awakening DX)