Mamu resides in the pond beneath the Signpost Maze. He teaches Link the "Frog's Song of Soul" after paying him 300 Rupees. Mamu remarks that the ones who hear the song feel more alive. Mamu cannot be revisited afterwards, as he and his choir are away on tour according to the sign outside the pond.
- Mamu is the main villain of Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic, released outside of Japan as Super Mario Bros. 2; however, his name was changed to Wart during localization.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||マムー (Mamū) (LA)||Mamu|
|FrenchEU||Wart (LA)||From Wart, the main vilain of Super Mario Bros. 2|
|German||Wart, der Musikfrosch (LA)|
|Wart, the Music Frog|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Mamu from Super Mario Bros. 2
- "'BRRING! BRRING! Yeah, this is Ulrira! You are starting to like music, eh? Well, a frog named Mamu, who lives in the Signpost Maze, might know some new songs, but he charges a lot to play them! Bye! CLICK!'" — Grandpa Ulrira (Link's Awakening DX)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 233 (LA)
"Mamu" — N/A (Link's Awakening (Nintendo Switch))
- "Ribbit! Ribbit! I'm Mamu, on vocals! But I don't need to tell you that, do I? Everybody knows me! Want to hang out and listen to us jam? For 300 Rupees, we'll let you listen to a previously unreleased cut! What do you do?" — Mamu (Link's Awakening DX)
- "You've learned The Frog's Song of Soul! It's a very moving tune... It can even liven up unliving things!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- "If you play this song, you'll make everything around you feel more alive!" — Mamu (Link's Awakening DX)
- "GONE ON TOUR MAMU" — Signpost (Link's Awakening DX)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 233