Each dungeon in the game has two Treasure Chests containing Joy Pendants.[verification needed] In every dungeon,[verification needed] reaching one of the chests involves backtracking with the tool from the dungeon.
After the Killer Bees lose to Link at Hide and Seek, the delinquents hide a Joy Pendant atop the tree next to the Bomb Shop on Windfall Island. They do so in the hopes that Link will find it and give it to Mrs. Marie as a birthday gift, as they are too proud to make the peace offering directly. The Joy Pendant can be knocked from the tree by rolling into it.
- In exchange for 20 or more Joy Pendants, she gives Link the Cabana Deed to the Private Oasis.
- In exchange for 40 or more Joy Pendants, she gives Link the Hero's Charm in The Wind Waker and Treasure Chart #45 in The Wind Waker HD.
- In exchange for additional[how many?] Joy Pendants, she gives Link Rupees.[how many?]Beedle buys Joy Pendants for 5 Rupees in The Wind Waker and 20 in The Wind Waker HD.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||幸せのペンダント (Shiawase no Pendanto)||Happiness Pendant|
|FrenchEU||Pendentif du Bonheur||Pendant of Joy|
|SpanishEU||Collar de la felicidad||Happiness Necklace|
- "I hear those guys keep Joy Pendants hidden in their pockets, so if you get one of those Grappling Hooks, you can use it to swipe their pendants!" — Fishman
- "Actually, I gotta admit, we hid that thing up in the tree. We thought you might find it!" — Ivan
- "Listen up! It's gonna be Mrs. Marie's birthday soon. We were thinkin' of givin' her a present, so it was good that we finally got our hands on that thing... ...But we can't be goin' around givin' presents to people! No way! That just don't fit the Killer Bees' style! Come on, bud! Can't you give it to Teach' for us? Can't you?" — Killer Bees
- "To tell you the truth, I love jewelry above all else!" — Mrs. Marie
- "Oh my, yes! I will happily take a single one from you! No, no! I insist! Only one. To tell you the truth, I'd actually like about 20 of them. But that would probably only happen in my wildest of dreams." — Mrs. Marie