|Occurrence(s)||The Interlopers attempt to invade the Sacred Realm, sparking a war across the land over the Triforce.|
|Resolution(s)||The Golden Goddesses banish the Interlopers to the Twilight Realm.|
The Interloper War is a conflict that occurred in the backstory of Twilight Princess.
Hyrule was created by the Golden Goddesses: Din, Nayru, and Farore. After the goddesses were finished with Hyrule, they created another parallel world known as the Sacred Realm. Before departing the realm, the Golden Goddesses left behind the three golden triangles filled with their power, these three triangles when put together would become a larger triangle known as the Triforce. After this, Hyrule was at peace for a number of years.
Some time after the events of Skyward Sword, the legend of a supreme power spread across Hyrule, causing a great war over the location of the Sacred Realm. During this war, the tribe skilled in dark magic known only as the Interlopers attempted to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm and establish their power using the Fused Shadow. Ordered by the Golden Goddesses, the Light Spirits intervened. They sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered, and splintered it, so it became the fragments of the Fused Shadow hidden in the temples of Hyrule. The goddesses chased the interlopers across Hyrule and banished them to the Twilight Realm using the Mirror of Twilight.
- Main article: Ganondorf's Execution
|Lanayru's surreal tale of the war|
- "The lands where the goddesses descended came to be known as the Sacred Realm." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
- "The world remained at peace for many years, but a group wielding strong magical powers desires the Triforce and fights to obtain it. The goddesses send spirits of light, which banish the group to the Twilight Realm." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 11)
- "But soon, word of the Sacred Realm spread through Hyrule, and a great battle ensued..." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
- "Among those living in the light, interlopers who excelled at magic appeared. Wielding powerful sorcery, they tried to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm. It was then that the goddesses ordered us three light spirits to intervene. We sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered. You know this magic...It is the dark power you seek...the Fused Shadow." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
- "What do you think happened to the magic wielders who tried to rule the Sacred Realm? They were banished. They were chased across the sacred lands of Hyrule and driven into another realm by the goddesses. It was another world entirely... The antithesis of Hyrule, where the sun shines bright. Its denizens became shadows that could not mingle with the light. Eventually, most came to call it the Twilight Realm, and from it, none could return to the world of light..." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- "The gods dispatched four Light Spirits, who sealed the usurpers' magic into Fused Shadows. They then banished the offenders to the Twilight Realm using the Mirror of Twilight, so that they would never be able to return to the Light World." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 113)
- "They were forever doomed to live in the twilight, flitting in the half-light of dusk, mere shadows of Hyrule...This is the history of the Twili as it has been passed down from our ancestors..." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 69
- "The sage Rauru builds the Temple of Time and seals the entrance to the Sacred Realm." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 11)
|Twilight Princess Chain of Events|
|Interloper War > Ganondorf's Execution > Overthrow of Midna > Shadow Invasion|