Zuna Kai Shrine
|Zuna Kai Shrine|
|Game(s)||Breath of the Wild|
Entrance to the Shrine
Zuna Kai Shrine is on one of the eyes of Skull Lake in Deep Akkala. Jerrin at the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab will direct Link to Skull Lake's left eye after mentioning she has focused a lot of her research on Ancient Shrines. She will then tell Link that a Shrine is there but the challenge is reaching it as the left eye is much higher up than the Skull's right eye, where Link can run into Kilton. This initiates the Shrine Quest "The Skull's Eye". The Shrine can be found atop a spire on the eastern island of Skull Lake, which is the Skull's left eye because it is facing south. When Link reaches the top of the spire and opens the Shrine, the Shrine Quest is completed. As Link enters the Shrine, he is greeted by the Shrine's Monk, Zuna Kai, who states that merely being able to enter the Shrine is proof of Link's worth.
Zuna Kai Shrine features no puzzles, simply a direct path to Zuna Kai. Along this path is a Treasure Chest containing a Flameblade. As Link approaches Zuna Kai, the Monk will give Link a Spirit Orb for reaching the Shrine, and will wish Link well before fading away.
- "I'm an amateur scholar of ancient history. To be honest...I've been focusing a lot of my research on shrines. ...Oh, that reminds me! Link, there's somewhere you need to go. Umm... The left eye of Skull Lake!" — Jerrin (Breath of the Wild)
- "I know there's a shrine there, but it's a challenge to get to it... The left eye of Skull Lake is higher up. The right one is lower down. If you run into Kilton, you're on the wrong eye!" — Jerrin (Breath of the Wild)
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Zuna Kai. By entering this place, you've already proven your worth" — Zuna Kai (Breath of the Wild)
- "You have done well to arrive at this shrine. A hero rises to right the wrongs of Hyrule. In the name of Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Zuna Kai (Breath of the Wild)
- "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Zuna Kai (Breath of the Wild)