Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
The Zora Seas constitute a vast sea in the land of Labrynna in Oracle of Ages. As the name suggests, the Zora Seas are home to the Zoras (most of which are found within the Zora Village). The Zora Seas are found to the west of the Sea of Storms, from whence the water flows. To the north is the South Shore and the Fairies' Woods. The only noticeable landmark of the Zora Seas is the Eyeglass Island Library.
When Link first arrives at the Zora Seas in search of the seventh Essence of Time, he will find the entire sea polluted, causing much discomfort among the Zoras, and blocking off much of the sea. When Link arrives at the palace of the King Zora in Zora Village, the throne will be empty, the palace abandoned. Link learns that, long ago, their king perished of an unknown illness, leaving the Zoras without a king. The young hero then travels to the past, where he finds the king near death due to an illness for which the Zoras cannot find a cure. Thankfully, Link is able to cure the Zora King by giving him a Magic Potion, thus saving his life. Atferwards, the King Zora expresses his gratitude towards Link, promising to never forget his good deed. The king also confirms that his illness was indeed caused by the filthy sea water.
Returning to the present, Link will find the king alive and well. However, Lord Jabu-Jabu, the guardian of the Zoras (who holds the Essence of Time inside him), has also fell ill to the filthy seawater. The King Zora will only give Link permission to enter Jabu-Jabu once he has cleansed the seas and cured Jabu-Jabu. To aid him on his quest, King Zora grants the young hero the key to the Eyeglass Island Library, in the hopes that he can research the cause of the filthy seawater.
Once Link opens the library in the past, he will learn of a Fairy Queen who protects the seas from evil. However, the fairy, who lived on an island west of the library, has supposedly disappeared. Some inhabitants of the library have reported seeing a strange beast inside the cave where the fairy used to live. When Link goes to investigate for himself, he discovers that the strange beast is actually the Fairy Queen, who has been cursed by Veran. Veran's curse is also the cause of the filthy seawater. The Fairy Queen will ask Link to bring her some Fairy Powder to cure her.
The Fairy Powder is found in the back room of the Eyeglass Island Library in the past. To obtain it, Link must solve a puzzle which requires that he have the Book of Seals, found in the back room of the library back in the present.
- Between the past age and the present age, seven islands in the Zora Seas have drifted 2-5 tiles to the west.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ゾーラ海 (Zōra Umi)||Zora Seas|
|Italian||Mari di Zora|
|SpanishEU||Mares de Zora|
- "The seas are filthy--koff! Koff! I can't swim in peace." — Zora (Oracle of Ages)
- "This was the palace of our ruler, King Zora, but long ago the king fell ill. Ever since, we've continued on with no king." — Zora (Oracle of Ages)
- "Our ruler, King Zora, suddenly fell ill... We've done all that we can, but his condition does not change." — Zora (Oracle of Ages)
- "We believe we need a special medicine called a Magic Potion to cure King Zora's illness." — Zora (Oracle of Ages)
- "Filthy water has been flowing in from the east lately. Perhaps that is what made me ill. Anyhow, I'll never forget your deeds!" — King Zora (Oracle of Ages)
- "Great healer! What do you ask? You wish to enter Jabu-Jabu? My permission is needed to enter Jabu-Jabu, but I can't permit just anyone to see our guardian. Anyhow, the filthy seawater has left Jabu-Jabu near death. If you say you must, then find a way to get rid of this filthy seawater and save Jabu-Jabu." — King Zora (Oracle of Ages)
- "This is the key to Eyeglass Isle Library east of here. It is an ancient library, so I do not know if this key still works, but perhaps you can research why the seawater is so filthy. I trust you to save Jabu-Jabu." — King Zora (Oracle of Ages)
- "The Fairy Queen used to live on the island west of here, but she vanished recently... Surely the Fairy Queen could do something for these seas..." — Old Man (Oracle of Ages)
- "Those who have seen a strange beast on the isle to the west say the beast is always there, never attacks, and just stares as if asking for help. Some even claim it speaks. It's nonsense!" — Old Man (Oracle of Ages)
- "Please listen, young one! You may not believe this, but I am the Queen Fairy, guardian of this sea! The curse of an evil one named Veran has made me appear so! The magic of Fairy Powder can turn me back to normal. Veran has poisoned the sea. Soon all living things in it will perish! Please go find some Fairy Powder!" — Fairy Queen (Oracle of Ages)
- "This is the Eyeglass Isle Library. Fairy Powder is said to be stored in back, but I've yet to see it." — Eyeglass Island Librarian (Oracle of Ages)
- "Fairy Powder is locked away in back, but without another Book of Seals, no one can reach the powder" — Old Man (Oracle of Ages)
- "There used to be something in back for sealing things away, but now there's just one crinkled old book." — Library Inhabitant (Oracle of Ages)
- "Thank you, young one! Now I can cleanse the seas of evil!" — Fairy Queen (Oracle of Ages)
- "Thanks to you, our seawater is clean again, and Jabu-Jabu's health has returned. All is well. I never go back on my word. I dub you Zora Hero and permit you to enter Jabu-Jabu. You may go see Jabu-Jabu." — King Zora (Oracle of Ages)
|Regions in Oracle of Ages|