Zora Scale from Phantom Hourglass
|Use(s)||Swimming and diving|
|Comparable Item(s)||Zora's Flippers|
Zora Tunic and Armor
Water Dragon's Scale
Zora Scales are recurring items in The Legend of Zelda series. They are fragments of the skin of a Zora which seem to hold the aquatic identity of the species, as a non-Zora in the possession of one gets adapted to water.
- 1 Location and Uses
- 2 Other Appearances
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Nomenclature
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Link's own abilities allow him to dive for no more than three seconds, or in distance, three meters. When he reaches Zora's Domain, he can participate in the Diving Game. If he manages to collect all of the Blue Rupees underwater before time runs out, he will be rewarded with the Silver Scale, which enhances Link's diving capabilities to up to 6 meters. It is required to enter Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly.
The Golden Scale is an enhanced version of the Silver Scale. The time and depth of a dive that can be achieved with the Golden Scale is up to nine meters. Unlike the Silver Scale, obtaining the Golden Scale is optional, although it is necessary to obtain a Piece of Heart in the Lakeside Laboratory. To obtain the Golden Scale, adult Link must catch a fish that breaks the current record by at least four pounds at the Fishing Pond in Lake Hylia.
Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Ages, the Zora Scale is given to Link by a Zora after he defeats Plasmarine and gets the Rolling Sea essence from Jabu-Jabu's Belly. The Zora Scale is required to bypass the Zora guarding the way to the Sea of Storms. On the Sea of Storms, Link will find the stranded Piratians. The Zora Scale, which is a charm capable of calming the seas, must be given to the Cap'n of the Piratians, so that they can escape the Sea of Storms. As thanks, Link receives the Tokay Eyeball, which is required to access the Ancient Tomb.
In Phantom Hourglass, Zora Scales are Treasures that can be sold on Mercay Island to the Teller of Treasures for a random amount of Rupees. It is also a highly valued commodity among members of the Ho Ho Tribe.
Tri Force Heroes
|Names in Other Regions|
|Zora Scale||Silver Scale||Golden Scale|
|Japanese||ゾーラのうろこ (Zōra no Uroko)||銀のウロコ (Gin no Uroko)||金のウロコ (Kin no Uroko)|
|ChineseSI||银色鳞片 (Yínsé Línpiàn)||金色鳞片 (Jīnsé Línpiàn)|
|FrenchEU||Écaille des Zora (OoA)
Écaille de Zora (PH)
|Écaille d'argent||Écaille d'or|
|German||Zora-Schuppe||Silberne Schuppe||Goldene Schuppe|
|Italian||Squama di Zora||Squama d'argento||Squama d'oro|
|SpanishEU||Escama de Zora||Escama de plata||Escama de oro|
|Zora Scale gameplay from Hyrule Warriors|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 143 (OoA | PH | TFH)
- "You got the Silver Scale! Jump into the water and press (A). You can dive deeper than you could before." — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "You got the Golden Scale! Jump into the water and press (A). Now you can dive much deeper than you could before!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "You have done so much for us! Our seas are clean and all is well! I offer you our symbol of heroism--the Zora Scale!" — Zora (Oracle of Ages)
- "The seas beyond here swallow up all who venture into them--the Sea of Storms! I can't allow a child like you to pass! The Zora Scale? So you're Link! You may pass!" — Zora Guard (Oracle of Ages)
- "Har! Ye've got the Zora's Scale sea charm! Aye, that could calm this Sea o' Storms!" — Cap'n (Oracle of Ages)
- "Thank'ee! Now we can escape these seas!" — Cap'n (Oracle of Ages)
- "Take this as a sign o' me thanks! It's the jewel called the Tokay Eyeball! It's said to be the thing that opens the way to the ancient tomb." — Cap'n (Oracle of Ages)
- "It's said that a Zora dropped this rare and sparkling scale!" — N/A (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Garments made of Zora scales. They let you breathe and swim in water but are weak against fire and ice." — N/A (Twilight Princess)