Zelda Wiki talk:News 2008
It is great to have some fresh news up. This one was really needed. Could we by chance add a message saying not to use the nosource template on a new image to the system message: MediaWiki:Uploadtext? Seems like a good idea. We should also make it clearer that they can type in the templates it the summary field while uploading. Too many users don't seem to realize that.User:Matt/sig 23:13, July 5, 2008 (UTC)
- Matt, can you edit the page. I can't seem to figure how to get the link to the Shad picture properly done. My instinct is to just do it like a standard link, but since it is an image, the actual image pops up and not a link to the image. I'm not familiar enough with the Wiki software to get this done right. Also, before I protect the page, feel free to edit it and include whatever you'd like in it that you think would better get across the idea. Once you are done, just let me know and I'll protect the page so others cannot edit it. Mases 23:18, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- That's about it. I linked the image like you asked and made a few corrections. If we make the news story any longer, it could make the Main Page look bad by being longer than what is on the left side. It covers the major points we want to get across. People will notice. We should make sure to edit that system message. But only bureaucrats and sysops can edit system messages.User:Matt/sig 23:31, July 5, 2008 (UTC)
- Sounds great! Thanks for making those small edits. I'll protect the page now so nobody can edit what appears on the main page. If ever there is anything you'd like me to mention in the news section on the main page, just let me know. I'm entirely sure what you mean by the system messages. Mases 23:34, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
You mean that you're not entirely sure about system messages right? Just edit that MediaWiki page I mentioned and that will be what shows up when a user goes to Special:Upload.User:Matt/sig 23:45, July 5, 2008 (UTC)
- We forgot to get our name correct. This is on our Main Page! We can't have that. Someone go in this a make sure that they say "Zelda Wiki.org" and not "ZeldaWiki.org".User:Matt/sig 19:35, July 6, 2008 (UTC)
- Alright, I think I got them all. Good catch there, Matt. User:Ando/sig 19:47, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
- Guess what. I found one more. The text "any NEW image that is added to the Zelda Wiki.org." should be "any NEW image that is added to Zelda Wiki.org.". Now I think that is it.User:Matt/sig 00:09, July 7, 2008 (UTC)
I sure love editing the Zelda Wiki.org.
I also made another minor edit. I went through the text again and saw nothing more.
...Poor Mases. We've torn apart his news post. :P User:Ando/sig 01:51, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, I've done the math. Of all our images, 32% of them have images source templates on them. That is 1591 images out of 4961, at the time of this post. Of those, 890 are marked as source unknown.User:Matt/sig 04:45, July 8, 2008 (UTC)
- Hey, where did you get the numbers for how many images use the certain types of source templates? As well as the total amount of images? Just curious so that I can track the progress. Mases 16:31, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
Special pages. Most used templates. Really useful stuff.User:Matt/sig 17:46, July 11, 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah. I tried to remember off the top of my head. This is it: Most linked-to templates.User:Matt/sig 17:48, July 11, 2008 (UTC)
Seriously? You upgraded MediaWiki? Yay! :D I just went over the change log for the new version. Awesome stuff.
...This... is where we discuss the news posts, right? It makes sense... --Ando (Talk) 09:41, 8 March 2008 (EST)
A surprisingly large amount of people didn't pre-order Brawl. What's up with that?
Zelda Legends joins ZW
Cool. I guess. Pakkun 21:31, 21 September 2008 (UTC)Pakkun
This is great, this is my favorite Zelda site.BenitoPerezGaldos 21:49, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- "I guess"? This is awesome, dude. :P Zelda Legends' (I guess more specifically davogones') text dumps have been an invaluable asset for many of us, and it's great to have them on board. Welcome, Zelda Legends! :D User:Ando/sig 00:07, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- Oh no, I didn't mean it like that. I'm glad that Zelda Legends joined ZW. Pakkun 02:16, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
Super experimental news dashboard
An interesting idea. I'd like to see each web site's wiki article have the feed reader inserted. If anyone needs help getting an RSS feed for their site, just let me know. --Davogones 06:39, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
Good luck with the applications and the site in general. The site does look promising and you do seem pretty ambitious about it. Hopefully all goes well. Mases 11:34, 22 October 2008 (UTC)