Zelda Wiki talk:Featured Picture Nomination
Possible Improper Opposition Votes
I have a few inquiries regarding some of the current opposition votes.
First off, this vote () breaks the guidelines, as it is an opinion, and not a viable basis for an opposition. The other opposition vote for that image is also questionable. It states: "To me, this seems like a rather small part of Zelda and Valiant Comics. It is deatiled, but there's nothing special about it. --F4" That is an opinion on the subject, which violates Proper Opposition Guideline #2.
Secondly, there is the sole opposition vote for the Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland Art. The image has since dramatically improved in color, size, and quality, as the opposition voter requested. That vote should thus be negated.
- There is plenty of invalid votes; for example, File:TP Ganon Render.png failed with a vote of "--". Please try not to place such simple opposition votes. —Darkness(Talk) 00:27, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
What is happening
That Ganondorf picture has been featured for weeks now even though the featured article is changing! Why isn't the featured picture changing? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Person777 (talk) 23:13, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
- New featured pictures are usually kept on the main page longer to show them off. :P
- I guess we forgot about this one... I've notified an administrator, so you should see the regular rotation displayed now. Thanks for pointing that out! — Hylian King [*]
Only one support a month...
- Mhm.—Justin(Talk) 21:38, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
Oh, and are we allowed to move our votes? I want to change my Neutral vote on the The Wind Waker box art to an Opposition vote. 14:36, 15 December 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, if you have a legitimate reason for the opposition.—Justin(Talk) 15:50, 15 December 2012 (UTC)
- Calm down, young padawan. I noticed it last night, but I can't copy/paste, and featuring something requires a LOT of copypasta work, so I left it for someone else. If I can get to a computer, I'll take care of it, though.—Justin(Talk) 16:01, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
Is it okay...
Is it okay for Someone who had added a featured picture nomination to comment in the neutral comments section? Ankazar 20:16, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
Is there some reason why the TWWHD image with 7 support votes and no opposition votes isn't featured yet? Did I miss something in my long absence, or is it featured but the page isn't updated yet? Or am I overlooking something? —Darkness(Talk) 22:42, 5 July 2013 (UTC)
- No, we just haven't been able to find the time for it yet. Myself or another staff member will get around to it when we can; it seems we're all having pretty busy summers. Sorry about the delay! — Hylian King [*] 00:17, 6 July 2013 (UTC)
I'm unsure what happens if you use sockpuppets for voting the image in-order to increase the support points. It's so far as possible that people create more than 1 account to get the image featured. Are you guys sure they get to keep their votes if they created like 1000 sockpuppets or something like that or they get reverted or removed?--Brandondorf9999 08:45, 6 July 2013 (UTC)
- Well, sockpuppets are easily detectable, and using a sock to vote an image up or down would result in the banning of the sock account as well the user. In addition, all votes made by any of the user's accounts would be nullified. Something like this is childish, and it detracts from the community aspect of a wiki. Users are encouraged to report suspected sockpuppet accounts used for this purpose. Hope that clears things up!—Justin(Talk) 11:12, 6 July 2013 (UTC)
- Not always easy to identify sockpuppets. Sometimes they use somethings to deceive that they are actually another person by using different identities or something like that such as a character like Medli and Girahim for an example. To me it's impossible for me to detect weither it's the same person or a different one while using sockpuppets to abuse the support and oppose votes. How is it possible to identify character or boss user posers?--Brandondorf9999 19:06, 6 July 2013 (UTC)