Zelda Wiki:News 2013
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
July - December
- October 23, 2013 - New Template Editing Feature - Thanks to another newly installed extension, a new "preview page with this template" option will now appear when editing templates. This feature allows editors to preview a page as it would appear if the current edit to the template was saved. In addition, there is now a special page for testing sandboxed templates.
- October 23, 2013 - Speedruns - When updating records on the Speedrun page, the corresponding game articles will now update automatically, without needing to be edited. This is possible thanks to a newly installed MediaWiki extension. Also, we'd like to thank all the editors who have been keeping the speedrun records up to date. We hope you enjoy this new timesaver!
- September 22, 2013 - We Promised, We Delivered! - After the loss of a week's worth of images, we are proud to report that the images up to the 20th have been restored. However, any images uploaded after that time have been lost as a result. It is an unfortunate tradeoff, but compare two days of lost work to eight, and you'll see our reasoning. You may have noticed that Zelda Wiki has been experiencing periods where we were either offline again or where edits could not be saved. This is because we recently locked the database so we could perform a sitewide backup. This will ensure that we never lose this much data again. As the server admin, I'd like to personally say that I apologize for the inconvenience to you all, and I promise that this won't be a regular occurrence. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- September 21, 2013 - File Loss - Due to an extensive site issue, Zelda Wiki was restored to a backup. Unfortunately, this resulted in the loss of all uploads to the wiki since September 12 last week. Users are encouraged to re-upload the lost files if possible. We apologize deeply for the inconvenience and will do our best to assure this does not reoccur.
- August 29, 2013 - More Release Dates - The release date of A Link Between Worlds is officially set for November 22 in North America! In addition, Nintendo has announced that the digital version of The Wind Waker HD, downloadable from the eShop, will launch on September 20—two weeks before the release of the packaged version on October 4! A limited edition Wii U bundle of the game will also be released on September 20.
- August 27, 2013 - Nintendo has finally revealed the North American launch date for The Wind Waker HD: October 4. Let the countdown begin!
- August 18, 2013 - Upgrade Complete! - Well, we promised you an upgrade, and thanks to the tireless efforts of several of our server gurus, we have finally delivered! You may notice certain things malfunctioning around the wiki, and we encourage you to report them if you cannot fix them. We also apologize for the lengthy amounts of downtime that you may have experienced yesterday and today. Rest assured that we are back, and we will be stabilizing everything within the coming weeks.
- August 17, 2013 - Upgrade - Within the next forty-eight hours, Zelda Wiki will be undergoing an upgrade from our outdated version of MediaWiki to the more current 1.21.1. When our server administrators are prepared for the upgrade, editing will be temporarily disabled, and Zelda Wiki will go offline for a short time. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this causes, and we hope that you will all enjoy the benefits of up-to-date MediaWiki software.
- August 7, 2013 - Nintendo Direct - Today's Nintendo Direct reveals new information on A Link Between Worlds and The Wind Waker HD! Be sure to check it out here. The Wind Waker HD will hit European shelves on October 4th; a North American release date has yet to be announced.
|July 16, 2013 - Attention All! - The call for editors is out at the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance! As much as we'd love you to spend countless hours patrolling, editing, and reading ZW, do spread the love to our NIWA partners, including new inductees DragonQuest Wiki and Icaruspedia! Head on over to the official NIWA hub, pick a wiki, and go to town!|
January - June
- January 1, 2013 - Happy New Year: We hope that everyone has had an enjoyable holiday season, as well as an enjoyable year. May you all have a safe and happy 2013!
- February 2, 2013 - Hyrule Historia: As of Tuesday, Hyrule Historia is available in North America! If you own a copy, join in and help us add its exclusive content to the wiki! To those of you who enjoy typing, the wiki contains many references to fan translations of the Japanese version, namely in the Timeline article, which need to be replaced with the official equivalents.
- March 31, 2013 - Happy Easter!: We'd like to wish our readers a Happy Easter, and a safe holiday!
- February 15, 2013 - Downtime: It seems that we recently encountered some downtime due to server issues. Everything seems to be tentatively working for now, although we still seem to have a few hiccups every now and then. We apologize for the problems and hope that you'll be patient while the issue sorts itself out.
- April 27, 2013 - Attention Uploaders!: Zelda Wiki's file policies have been updated. As such, the options on the upload form will have changed slightly. New guidelines for uploading are available at Help:Upload. If you have any questions about the new policies, don't hesitate to ask them at the Milk Bar.
- April 18, 2013 - Feed Problems: Some of you (if not all of you) may have noticed that our RSS feed is not currently working. This is because our feed was hosted by fellow NIWA wiki, WiKirby, which seems to have gone offline recently. We are working on setting up a new feed, and we apologize to our community partners and our viewers for the downtime.
- April 18, 2013 - A Link to the Past Sequel Announced!: The new Zelda game coming to the 3DS will be a sequel to A Link to the Past, according to the latest Nintendo Direct. Also announced was the 3DS eShop release of Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons in North America and Europe, set for May 30th. Get ready for some Zelda throwbacks coming later this year!
- June 9, 2013 - More Hiccups: We are again experiencing some problems with the site. We apologize for any 503 errors you might receive while trying to browse Zelda Wiki, and, as always, we are working on resolving the issue as soon as possible.
- June 11, 2013 - Exciting News from E3 2013! - The title and release month of the upcoming Zelda for 3DS was officially revealed at E3 earlier today. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds will hit the shelves this November! In other news, an October release date has been confirmed for The Wind Waker HD. Information on both games, including new artwork and trailers, can be found at the official E3 2013 site.
- July 3, 2013 - New Wiki Exclusive - After a year-long drought, Setras revives the Wiki Exclusive tradition with a theoretical piece on the history of the Dark Interlopers. Take a look at the wiki's tenth exclusive article here, and discuss it on its !
- June 24, 2013 - Attention Uploaders! - A preview button has been added to the upload form. If you should encounter any bugs while using it, please report them at the Milk Bar.
Retrieved from "https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Zelda_Wiki:News_2013?oldid=667072"