Zelda Wiki:News 2012
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
- June 28, 2012 - Autoconfirm Requirements: The requirements to become an Autoconfirmed user have been halved. Accounts that are 2 weeks old with at least 100 edits will automatically be promoted. However, edits to User pages do not contribute to the required 100 edits. Happy editing!
- June 18, 2012 - Timeline Arrangement: The Zelda Wiki Staff has noticed that many pages are being arranged based on the timeline placement of the games. Only major characters and locations should be arranged by timeline. A character is considered major if they have played a significant role in multiple Zelda games. Thank you, and happy editing from all of us at ZW!
- June 5, 2012 - E3 has officially started! Tune into the exciting news coming from various developers over the next few days, along with Nintendo's coverage of the event.
- April 2, 2012 - We hope everyone enjoyed our little April Fools' joke this year. Many thanks to the users who contributed to the effort! Though Groose Wiki may be gone forever, its memory lives on in our hearts.
- December 26, 2012 - Happy Holidays!: We hope everyone has been enjoying this holiday season. A year has come and gone, and we would like to express our deepest gratitude to you, the readers and editors, for your continued support. May the next year see all of you happy, healthy and prosperous.
- December 26, 2012 - File Uploading: Users can now upload ogg audio and video files to the wiki! There was a technical difficulty that prevented users from uploading them, but that has now been fixed. Enjoy!
- December 13, 2012 - Featured Content System update: The system has been updated! Content will now be featured if the nomination gains a net of 5 supporting votes within 4 months. To reinforce the policy, all current nominations will start the 4 month period now, regardless of their current score. Thanks to all those that voiced their opinion. If you have any suggestions to improve the wiki, post them on the Hyrule Castle community page.
- December 7, 2012 - Featured Content System debate: We are changing the system for nominating and voting for featured articles and pictures. Weigh in your thoughts here and help us get more quality work highlighted on the front page!
- December 28, 2012 - Cite buttons: You may notice some new buttons in the edit toolbar while modifying pages. Clicking on a button with a little "c" in the top-right corner will add the corresponding citation template. This should help with sourcing articles. Happy editing!
- March 23, 2012 - We welcome Icaruspedia to NIWA as its newest member! Congratulations to them. Give them a visit and read all the cool information they have about the Kid Icarus series! They are also NIWA's Twentieth Member!
- March 18, 2012 - One year ago today, our friend Joshua LeJeune passed away. First an administrator at Zelda Wiki, then founding member of NIWA and owner of WiKirby, his passion and dedication remains imprinted in these projects to this day. are with Josh's family at this difficult time.
- March 16, 2012 - NIWA has added a new member, F-Zero Wiki! Be sure to give them a good look, and check out all the great information they have to offer about the F-Zero series.
- March 14, 2012 - Tumblr: Zelda Wiki now has a Tumblr! There's some awesome artwork on it, so go check it out!
- February 23, 2012 - Regarding Cookies and Logging In If you're having trouble logging into Zelda Wiki, there is a widespread issue involving cookies. To attempt to resolve the issue, just clear your browser's cookies and try again. However, this may not allow you to edit. Try a different browser if you are able. Otherwise, we are working on getting this solved as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- February 23, 2012 - Server Change: We've changed servers yet again. Although the move was successful, some edits made in the last few hours are gone. We kindly request you to edit the articles again and re-upload any images that were taken down. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- February 14, 2012 - Happy 2nd Anniversary to NIWA! As a founding member of NIWA, we here at Zelda Wiki wish NIWA the greatest of luck entering into its third year. Visit NIWA today. We kindly request you to edit the articles again and re-upload any images that were taken down.
- January 15, 2012 - Community Pages: We recently made changes to some of our community pages. Hyrule Castle will now be used to discuss projects and large changes to the wiki. The Heart Container was renamed to the Milk Bar and will be used to report problems and ask questions. Finally, the Door of Time, once known as Pieces of Heart, will be used as an archive for these two pages. Please post future comments on the appropriate pages.
- January 13, 2012 - Server Change: Attention, passengers. We seem to be experiencing turbulence after recently changing servers. If you edited the wiki yesterday, you may notice that some of your work is gone. We kindly request you to edit the articles again and re-upload any images that were taken down. If you notice any more strange things on the wiki, please report them here in the section titled "Server Move".
- January 10, 2012 - Comparative Trivia: The Zelda Wiki Staff has been noticing a large amount of unfounded and unreferenced comparative trivia on many of the pages pertaining to Skyward Sword and elsewhere within boss, enemy, and location articles throughout the wiki. When adding comparative trivia, be sure to add a confirmation picture, reference, or external link to back up the claim; otherwise, the contribution may warrant deletion! Thank you and happy editing from all of us at ZW!
- January 5, 2012 - Happy New Year!: From all of us at Zelda Wiki, we wish you a prosperous new year! 2011 was a fabulous year for us as a site: we upgraded to our now fully integrated Vector skin, switched to a faster, more reliable server, and are currently on the cutting edge in respect to our excavation and analysis of information pertaining to Skyward Sword! With the Wii U and potentially another Zelda release this year, 2012 looks like a big one for the community! Thanks to all of our editors, readers, and staff that have kept us relevant for so long, now coming into our seventh straight year!