Zelda Wiki:News 2011
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Quarter 4 (October-December)
- December 5, 2011 - Main Page Update!: We've slightly redesigned the Main Page and added some extra functionality to the navigation icons at the top. If you have any comments, please post them here.
- November 24, 2011 - Happy Thanksgiving!: The staff and the editors of Zelda Wiki wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! Be sure to eat well today and work off the extra poundage by partaking in some healthy Skyward Sword exercise afterwards!
- November 20,2011 - North American Release: If you live in North America, head over to your local game store and get a copy of Skyward Sword!
- November 18,2011 - European Release: Skyward Sword is now out in Europe! Pick up a copy today!
- November 9, 2011 - Staff Changes: Two of our beloved staff members, bureaucrat Amy and patroller Matt have stepped down from their staff positions on Zelda Wiki. They have been excellent contributors in their time here and we would like to wish them luck in any future endeavors!!
- November 5, 2011 - A Friendly Reminder to All of Our Editors: As more information pertaining to Skyward Sword comes in, make sure to source all images, reference all statements, and give credit where credit is due! This wiki takes pride in sourcing everything, from images to audio, so that we can maintain the most reliable resource possible for our readers! Thanks again for everyone's continued effort in making this wiki the best it can be!
- October 28, 2011 - Skyward Sword Website: The official North American website for Skyward Sword has received a massive update. You can visit it here. Warning: It contains spoilers, so view at your own risk.
|October 20, 2011 - One Month!: That's right, folks, that's about how long we have to wait in North America for the the release of Skyward Sword! Zelda Wiki has up-to-the-minute coverage of all Skyward Sword revelations, details, screenshots, and developer quotes and will continue to be updated as new information comes in! Ride the wave of anticipation with us!|
Quarter 3 (July-September)
|August 26, 2011 - Anniversary:|
- August 25, 2011 - Zelda Wiki will have downtime starting at 11pm tonight for a server move. We apologize in advance. Thank you.
- August 17, 2011 - Skyward Sword Update: Mark your calendars! Skyward Sword will be released on November 18 in Europe and November 20 in North America! It also just so happens that our Skyward Sword page has reached 2 million views! We'd like to thank all the readers, editors and fans for their continued support!
- August 1, 2011 - Zelda Eternity Update: Mastermind site, Zelda Eternity is currently hosting a 96 hour Zelda marathon to support the American Cancer Society.
- July 20, 2011 - LegendZelda.net Layout: Mastermind site, LegendZelda.net is proud to announce the snazzy new version 5 of their layout, head on over and check it out!
- July 14, 2011 - Community Pages: Zelda Wiki invites all users to voice their opinion regarding our proposal to redefine our community pages, specifically, Hyrule Castle and The Heart Container. Feel free to comment away on this topic here!
- July 6, 2011 - Server Update: Due to the large amount of content and a steep increase in the viewership between Zelda Wiki and our sister site, Zelda Universe, we've had to upgrade to a new server as of late June. Currently, the backup that occurs at 7:30 GMT is the largest of the wiki's inaccessible periods, however, the wiki has been prone to lapse during random times during the day. During these times, you will most likely be experiencing page errors, coding malfunction, slow loading times, etc. We are dilligently working to fix these as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding! Otherwise, the server move does not effect the ability to edit pages - please edit away!
Quarter 2 (April-June)
- June 27, 2011 - Skype: Can't get enough Zelda Wiki? The Zelda Wiki Skype Public Chat is open to all Zelda fans! Come on in, grab a cup of piping hot tea and talk to fellow fans, editors, and admins about everything Zelda! Of course you have to download Skype first (it's free!) - check out our
Skype page on Zelda Wikifor more details on how to start getting to know your community better!
- June 20, 2011 - Server Issues: For those of you browsing and/or editing Zelda Wiki, you will most likely be experiencing some page errors, coding not being displayed correctly, slow loading times, etc. These are all due to some server issues that occurred over the weekend. We are working to fix these as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding!
- June 13, 2011 - New Zelda Source Layout!: You guys should check out our affiliate Zelda Source's snazzy new layout!
- May 26, 2011 - The Great Server Upgrade: You guys have done such an amazing job of making Zelda Wiki.org the most comprehensive resource for Zelda info that we can hardly handle all the traffic you throw at us! So, it's time for a server upgrade. We're moving to a server that's roughly twice as fast as the one we're on now, so you can continue hammering away at pages all you want. Expect a few hours of downtime late tonight (EST) while we transition everything to the new server. Thanks!
- May 25, 2011 - Let's Build the Hype!: With less than 25 days until the American release of Ocarina of Time 3D, make sure you get the latest information on the upcoming remake of the most successful Zelda title of all time from us here at Zelda Wiki! Visit the article today for high-definition official art, promotional videos and the inside scoop on the Hero of Time's redesigned adventure straight from the developers at Nintendo!
- May 21, 2011 - New skin: Following a period of development and testing, the Zelda Wiki staff are pleased to announce the official launch of our new skin! As you've probably already noticed, the design is based on MediaWiki's new Vector skin, which last year replaced the old MonoBook design as default skin.
We hope the new skin will improve everyone's browsing experience, having been designed to be cleaner, more modern-looking and easier to use. But for those registered users who prefer the old appearance, don't worry! After logging in to your account, simply access Preferences and on the Appearance tab you'll find the option to switch back to MonoBook. We welcome any comments or suggestion you might have, which you can post to the wiki's feedback area.
- May 14, 2011 - Anniversary: Zelda lovers and gamers alike have been spoiling the plans of Veran, General Onox, and Twinrova for 10 years now! That's right, join us in celebrating the first decennial birthday of two of Game Boy Color's most popular titles, Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons!
- May 13, 2011 - TimelineWiki: Need help on your Zelda timeline? Wondering about the canonical value of the A Link to the Past/ Link's Awakening plot arc? How does the Great Deku Tree fit into Timeline theory? All of these questions and more are answered over in our TimelineWiki section of Zelda Wiki! Head on over there today to research developer quotes, timeline structure, and check out timelines made by prominent theorists in this community, as well!
|April 28, 2011 - New Inductee!: What is The Legendary Starfy, you ask? Not only is this game franchise one of Nintendo's best kept secrets in most English-speaking countries, Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance! Intrigued? Head on and learn more about this elusive series!is the newest wiki inducted into the|
|April 22, 2011 - New Inductee!: Without further ado, NIWA is proud to present their newest inductee, ! Created by our very own bureaucrat and owner of Zelda Temple, AtrumLevis, the wiki has grown by leaps and bounds since its inception back in August of 2010. So what are you waiting for? Take up the sacred blade and join their editing force today!|
|April 15, 2011 - Under New Management: One of our closest NIWA partners, Metroid Wiki, recently underwent a management change and is now owned by our longtime affiliate, StrategyWiki! Support NIWA today by joining the , editing a member wiki, and collaborating with others across the world in one of the largest independent wiki projects on the net!|
|April 13, 2011 - Anniversary: Save the princess, defeat the wizard, save the world! Let's bring in the 19th birthday of a game that's not only influenced the gameplay mechanics of all of the Zelda handhelds, but provided the foundation for two of the most popular of Zelda console releases to date, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Even in 2011, this game, A Link to the Past, is still heralded by Zelda enthusiasts and casual gamers alike as one of the most engaging and rewarding titles in the franchise! We agree!|
- April 10, 2011 - Reminder: Make sure you "Like" Zelda Wiki on and follow us on ! This community is always talking about the latest Zelda news online - it's time you joined in on the fun!
Quarter 1 (January-March)
- March 31, 2011 - Milestone: It's a big day for Zelda Wiki: we've surpassed 100 million total views! In less than six years, this wiki has grown from its humble beginnings to standing tall as the most renowned The Legend of Zelda wiki on the net - and it's all thanks to you and readers, editors, and Zelda lovers like you!
- March 29, 2011 - Anniversary: The Wind Waker graduates to the third grade! Let's celebrate the game's belated 8th birthday by digging the Gamecube out of the attic and giving it a whirl! The Wind Waker is most famously known not only for its graphical contribution to the Zelda franchise, but its innovative sea travel mechanic, plot, and contribution to Zelda timeline theory. And let's not forget that The Wind Waker led the way for Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and somewhat inspired the mixed graphical style of the upcoming Wii title, Skyward Sword!
- March 26, 2011 - Accomplishment: Today our Ocarina of Time article has reached 1 million views! This is our fourth page to reach such a milestone. Thank you to all of the readers and editors who have helped us to reach this significant accomplishment!
- March 19, 2011 - Somber News: One of our former admins, Axiomist, has unfortunately passed away recently. Best wishes and condolences from the Zelda Wiki team go out to his friends and family. To commemorate the man's life and impact, one of our Masterminds, ZeldaInformer, has recently written a remembering Axiomist as one of Zelda Wiki's most respected editors, a magnificent community contributor, and most importantly, a reliable friend. His legacy continues through the many friends, family, and colleagues he's touched over the years.
- March 18, 2011 - Anniversary: Today we celebrate the 7th anniversary of the international release of Four Swords Adventures!
- March 13, 2011 - Staff Changes: One of our beloved admins, Mandi, has chosen to move on from Zelda Wiki! We wish her the best in any future endeavors! (but has since returned [March 18,2011])
- March 12, 2011 - New Features: Zelda Wiki is now integrated with tabbed navigation! Check out this ground-breaking, new template for yourself here and see it in action at the bottom of our Skyward Sword page!
- March 6, 2011 - Anniversary: Our sister site, , celebrates 10 years of on-line Zelda coverage! From their humble beginnings in 2001, the site has grown to become the largest and one of the most, if not the most, popular Zelda fan site on the Internet thanks to support from readers, forum users, and theorists like you! Congratulations, Zelda Universe, and may the next ten be equally as prosperous!
- March 2, 2011 - Skyward Sword Update: A new Skyward Sword trailer was shown at the Game Developers' Conference in San Fransisco, California! Make sure you head over to our Skyward Sword article not only for the trailer, but any other exciting information on Skyward Sword as it comes in from Nintendo!
- February 27, 2011 - Anniversary: Today marks the 10th anniversary of the worldwide release of ''Oracle of Ages'' and ''Oracle of Seasons'' for the Game Boy Color!
- February 25, 2011 - New Affiliate: Is English not enough for you, Zelda fans? Our newest affiliate, , delivers a heavy, daily dosage of Zelda, in French! Head on over there and check them out!
|February 21, 2011 - Join us and the rest of the NIWA family in celebrating The Legend of Zelda series' worldwide 25th anniversary! The original The Legend of Zelda was released 25 years ago in Japan on this day!|
- January 20, 2011 - New Features: Thanks to some of our ingenious members, we have some new and exclusive custom features! The file upload form has been enhanced with a Game dropdown menu and Source field, and a new file list is available which shows image thumbnails when searching for files.
- January 17, 2011 - Name Change: It is decided! Zelda Wiki will be changing its name to Zelda Wiki! Thanks to all the input from the community in helping to support this historic change.
- January 17, 2011 - New Affiliate: Give a hearty hurrah to our newest affiliate, ! It's a relatively new site, so head on over there to spread the love!
- January 16, 2011 - New Mastermind: We welcome a new Mastermind site onboard today; let's give a warm welcome to !
- January 14, 2011 - Accomplishment: Today, our Skyward Sword article reached 1 million views! It's the first page to do so besides our main page, which is a major accomplishment. It certainly shows how far we've come since our humble beginnings. Thank you to all our readers and editors for helping us reach this milestone!
- January 10, 2011 - Anniversary: Bust the piñata and slice that cake, The Minish Cap is blowing out the candles on its 6th birthday today!
- January 8, 2011 - Attention: Zelda Wiki may be undergoing a name change. We want to hear what you have to say! Voice your opinion and discuss this matter in The Heart Container.
|January 1st, 2011 - The Animal Crossing Wiki has a new name and main page! To ring in the new year with Animal Crossing bells, AC wiki is nowMake sure to update your bookmarks!|
- January 1, 2011 - A Year in Review: Zelda Wiki celebrates 3,214 articles, 4 Featured Articles, 5 Featured Pictures, and 6,583 of the best editors on the net! Now in its 6th year, Zelda Wiki thanks you for helping us become what we are today!
- January 1, 2011 - A Call to Action!: Let's kick off the new year by ushering in new Featured Articles and Pictures! Many just need a few votes, so head on over there and check out the nominations!
- January 1, 2011 - Skyward Sword News: 2011 is the year of ''Skyward Sword''! Make sure all Skyward Sword pages are up to date as new information comes in from the masterminds at Nintendo this year!
Retrieved from "https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Zelda_Wiki:News_2011?oldid=810573"