Zelda Wiki:Milk Bar/Archive 1
- 1 Gerudo Dragonfly
- 2 Bug with Spirit Tracks Map Template and OOT 3D Character and Enemies Images
- 3 New Userbox
- 4 Hola
- 5 box thing at bottom
- 6 Userbox Requests
- 7 Adding transparent images
- 8 Fire Temple
- 9 Asking help from someone who owns the Japanese version of OOT3DS...
- 10 Correction/clarification 'did you know' section on front page
- 11 Goddess Sword
- 12 Figurines from The Wind Waker
- 13 Maple Leafs
- 14 Zelda Speedrun Wiki
- 15 Fixed a page
- 16 Typo on Stalfos
- 17 Stalmaster needs creation
- 18 Non-Dungeons Locations should have the Element Temple-Suggestion
- 19 Glitches in Skyward Sword.
- 20 The official timeline and its effect on Timeline Theories
- 21 Quivers in Skyward Sword
It should be changed in both the article about the Gerudo Desert and the Lanayru Desert that their may be the same one, since the Gerudo Dragonfly is found in the Lanayru Desert in Skyward Sword. --9klas 05:53, 8 January 2012 (EST)
Bug with Spirit Tracks Map Template and OOT 3D Character and Enemies Images
I don't know if this is just me but the template for the STNavMap or whatever its called, isnt displaying the image where you can click on the station, and its just the template with all the words. Can you please see a way to fix this.
Also, I would like to suggest we upload some images for the Characters and Enemies of OOT 3D, some look vastly different from OOT like the Dodongo, his head has a different green then the OOT Dondongo, I feel it would enhance the user experience if we add Images of Characters and Enemies im OOT 3D--xXSuperXXNintendoXx-My first edit
- Hello! About the Navmaps....yes, ever since the server "upgrade", we haven't been able to recover them. They are caused by a problem with the imagemap extension that, unfortunately, can only be solved from the server end. We've told Jason, the person who owns ZW's server, about this problem but have yet to receive a response. :( The staff is doing everything it can to bring more attention to this issue, so hopefully we'll have it fixed before the year is over...haha. XD
- As for uploading images of characters and enemies of OoT 3D, I completely agree!! We already have several character images, such as Malon, Impa, and Sheik. We haven't been lucky to find enemy images, though... :( But if you have any you would like to upload, then upload away! :) Dany36 15:21, 6 November 2011 (EST)
I was looking at the userbox list and there are four userboxes I kinda wanted.
1. This user is freaked out by Leevers
2. This user is a fan of Chuchus
3. This user is a fan of shellblades
4. This user is not affected by Like-Likes
Please make them! --Masked Kafei 07:51, 4 May 2011 (EDT)
- Template:User Leevers Freaky
- Template:User ChuChu fan
- Template:User Shellblade fan
- Template:User Immune LikeLike
Hi people, I'm spanish and my english is bad, but I'm studying!!! Can you explain all and be easy? Watch [] is the spanish wiki, see some pages and give me your opinions. I can help here in the boxes with the name in other languages... BYE! --Vivainfernape 16:16, 12 May 2011 (EDT)
First of all, i hope it's cool i made this article earlier without saying anything first, but i didn't find anything on the US OoT soundtrack and figured it would be ok to add it. For the most part i was able to make it by studying the code of another soundtrack article. But one thing i couldn't figure out how to do was that little list box that appears at the bottom of the page that lists the other albums that there are. I got the box to show up by copying the code out of another article, but i can't figure out how the change the actual contents of the box to add the new article to it. Could somebody tell me how to add the link, or someone could just do it themself. Either way is good. Thanks. --Morgil27 22:55, 18 May 2011 (EDT)
- EDIT: Nevermind, i see somebody already beat me too it. I also liked that said person thanked me in the article's comments for making the article. Shucks, you're making me blush. I didn't really think it was that big a thing.--Morgil27 23:02, 18 May 2011 (EDT)
- Of course it's a big deal!! :D We appreciate every new user's efforts to try and improve the wiki, and making a new article like that (and actually making it look GOOD) is also a big deal! I went in there thinking I was gonna have to do some major improving, but to my surprise, most of it was already to wiki standards...just a few things here and there! NICE. Also, if you have any questions about wiki coding, or creating an article, or anything of the sort, please do not hesitate to ask me or another active staff member. Happy editing! --Dany36 23:59, 18 May 2011 (EDT)
- Well, as i said in the crossed out section, i mainly just copied a lot from another soundtrack article. So the reason it looked so good was probably cuz the article i copied was so good. I did notice a few minor changes to the main description at the top, which i appreciate, since i was a little unsure of my writing abilities. I also added the same info to Wikipedia, and used mostly the same info here as i did there.
- Anyway, i'm just glad you guys like it. I got that album way back when it first came out, along with a few other non-zelda soundtracks from the same catalog. The disc has been sitting in a CD wallet for years, and i had it ripped to my Zune. It's only recently that i found the original jewel case in a closet somewhere, and decided to scan the cover and upload it. Morgil27 01:26, 19 May 2011 (EDT)
I would rather like if these following ideas become real.
I. This user is a Sworn Brother of Darunia.
II. This user is creeped by Princess Ruto.
III. This user wants faries to shut their faces.
IV. This user is scared of Majora's Mask.
V. This user is not a living girl sword.
VI. This user owns a N64.
Request done. Goodbye. -=AngryMaskSalesman=- 11:30, 18 June 2011 (EDT)
- You can make your own by copying another userbox and then modifying the CSS and the words in it. But that depends if you have the skills in CSS to do so. If you NEED them and don't know how to do them, I can make them for you when I can. Sincerly, - AtrumLevis (My Talk Page) (My Contributions) 12:24, 18 June 2011 (EDT)
If I could use CSS, I would. But I don't know what the heck it is even. I choose, reluctantly, the choice where you do it. Sorry, but thank you!-=AngryMaskSalesman=- 15:49, 18 June 2011 (EDT)
Well, I finished as many as I could:
- I. Template:User Darunia Brother
- II. Template:User Ruto Creepy
- III. Template:User Shutup Fairy
- IV. Template:User Majora Scary
- V. Couldn't really find a picture to suit this one...
- VI. This template already exists: Template:User Nin64
Thank you very much! Now to put on one of my userpages... ---=AngryMaskSalesman=- 11:15, 14 January 2012 (EST)
Adding transparent images
Would it be okay to add the original unchanged image first, and then update it right after with a transparent version? I always feel bad when I'm adding transparency, as there will be some loss of information at the edges most of the time. So I think it would be better to also have the original image preserved, for future reference and to be able to improve the transparency (and perhaps other things) by starting all over. This, of course, doesn't apply to extracted content straight from the game, nor does it to pixelstyle images which can be easily made transparent without any problems (as there is no anti-aliasing going on, provided it's the original size). --Kevin04 21:40, 19 June 2011 (EDT)
- Try purging it. I looked at it and looks fine to me. --K2L (Interrogatory) 00:45, 21 June 2011 (EDT)
Asking help from someone who owns the Japanese version of OOT3DS...
Below are two links, both are screenshots of the hidden room in Lon Lon Ranch but from the different versions.
In OOT3DS, they added a table-cloth with two Ms, which is kind of strange, so I'm curious if they are referencing a MM3DS? I'm curious if the table-cloth is different or the same in the Japanese version, because that might help give more insight on what they are. If they are english Ms, then Japanese characters would appear in the Japanese version. If it's no hint and just a design, then the table-cloth would be the same.
Thanks to anyone that reads this! Wolfo 00:06, 27 June 2011 (EDT)Wolfo
- It could be more than a reference, but Aounoma (I think thats how you spell it) said if the fan's requested enough, then it could possibly be released. Which could mean that he was only interested in MM after OoT3D came out. Or he just said that but knows that there is MM3D coming out. Right now we should just assume it's a coincidence (unless the Japanese version does have a different design)--Linkachu 22:24, 13 September 2011 (EDT)
- i have jappanese copy of OOT3DS and i saw "MM" in same room
,but triangles in top.
EDIT:Same,it was sane. it was coincidence(unless MM3DS are never going to be released in japan) --Doblecake 20:26, 24 October 2011 (JST)
Questions for 3DS OOT users
OK so in OOTN64 I've found that none of the masks but the mask of truth does something, has that been changed in 3DS or are other masks worthless, I have the N64 players guide that tells me all about skulltulas and what not, but it says that I only get reactions to masks, also, it is said the mask of truth reads minds, I've talked to millions of people and i only talk, how do you read minds. Also, does the 3DS include a copy of the biggorons sword, or is that a N64 thing?
Posted by Linkmaster64 27 August 2011
- Please use a forum for questions like this, only this time I will reply to your question. No, the masks are just as useless in 3DS. --K2L (Interrogatory) 18:21, 27 August 2011 (EDT)
Correction/clarification 'did you know' section on front page
It says "... that in the original The Legend of Zelda manga, authored by Yuu Mishouzaki, Link was born due to an affair that Princess Zelda had with an Elf named Rune?"
This statement misses a very important context: that the princess Zelda from the game, is the daughter of another princess Zelda. Link is the son of the older princess Zelda, not the one we all know and love from the game.
I'm not quite sure how to rephrase this, I'll ponder it a bit, but in the current format, it just looks very strange........ Mighty Dekunut 19:11, 5 September 2011 (EDT)
Me and apparently only one other person have noticed that the Skyward Sword (Item) page should be moved to Goddess Sword. Not only has nintendo power called it that on multiple occasions, but the news section of the main page has referred to it as the Goddess Sword constantly. I would have moved it by myself already, but I'm not sure how to move pages on this wiki. If they already moved Phi to Fi......
Figurines from The Wind Waker
There are countless pages of characters and creatures in The Wind Waker and The Minish Cap that lack the Figurine Template. Is it possible that somebody could help me hunt down and fix these pages? You can use the figurine page for The Wind Waker or the one for The Minish Cap. Thanks in advance! --TheHK (T) (C) 19:52, 5 October 2011 (EDT)
I'm currently using the Template:User CA userbox which says This User is a Canuck . Ihate the Canucks and are wondering if you can redo this saying This User is a Maple Leaf Thanks. TriforceOfEpicness 15:09, 8 October 2011 (EDT)TriforceOfEpicness
- "Canuck" is actually a slang term for "Canadian". You misunderstood. — Hylian King [*] 19:06, 8 October 2011 (EDT)
- P.S.: You might want to be careful about what you say; there might be a Cancuks fan lurking nearby :P
Zelda Speedrun Wiki
On a recent trip to my usual glitching affairs, I noticed a cool trip called the Gainer or Forward Flip. I googled how to perform it, and it brought to a place, known as Zelda Speedrun Wiki, and of course, its Wikia. I'm not sure if we are definitely anti-wikia, but I believe we should find some way to have more information on the topics, like the certain glitches and TAS. I get the idea that they probably just what recognition for their discovery, which is common but unlikely. Maybe its possible we could have a signature section for people discovering glitches or even just a talk page for people to share their discoveries.
--Nyah Nyah! Another Deku punk. 06:12, 19 October 2011 (EDT)
Fixed a page
On the Permanently Missable Items page I changed all "the player" to "Link". Can someone check to make sure I replaced all "the player" and fix them if needed and then remove the warning at the top of the page? --16:24, 3 November 2011 (EDT)16:24, 3 November 2011 (EDT)
- A few parts overlooked, and the word "complationist" was also in need of removal, but I've completed the jod. Thanks for your help! --K2L (Interrogatory) 01:31, 6 November 2011 (EDT)
Typo on Stalfos
I was on the Stalfos page and noticed that the infobox said stalfos were in every game exept for Majoras mask. In the gallery an image caption says "a stalfos from Ocarina of time and Majoras mask". I haven't played Majoras mask so can someone fix whichever needs fixing? --15:28, 8 November 2011 (EST)Person777 15:28, 8 November 2011 (EST)
Whoever edited the gallery thanks for helping me out! --Person777 15:34, 9 November 2011 (EST)
Stalmaster needs creation
Non-Dungeons Locations should have the Element Temple-Suggestion
This is a small suggestion that I think will benefit the wiki and user-friendly with just a tiny bit of change. You know those elements that we display in the dungeon template such as Fire, Water and etc. I think we expand this feature to non-dungeons such as Death Mountain, Kokori Woods, Faron Woods, Eldin Volcano, Lanayru Desert and etc . Just like the dungeons each area of a game has different elements associated with for example we would put desert as desert and electric. We would do this for every location including dungeons. Just a small suggestion and if you are confused by what I am saying just message me at my talk page. XXSuperXXNintendoXx 18:38, 22 December 2011 (EST)
- I personally don't believe this is necessary, but it certainly is a valid proposition. If others think it's a good idea, I'm willing to go along. — Hylian King [*] 19:18, 22 December 2011 (EST)
I believe this would be both a good and nice idea due to their being dungeons that have a different element to their surroundings. One perfect example is Jabu-Jabu's Belly, it's an Electric Dungeon, but it's located in a Water Region. Lahmaster 12:12, 23 December 2011 (AEST)
Glitches in Skyward Sword.
Hi, I just made an article on Skyward Sword Glitches. In the article I have written about two glitches, one of them about the invisible Bilocyte. My question is: Is it possible to defeat invisible Bilocite using the same strategy, as on the visible one. This is highly logical, but I don't know if it has yet been tested.
If there are any other glitches you know of, feel free to edit.
- That's better discussed on the Skyward Sword Glitch talk page, as you'll likely have a better chance of receiving feedback, but thank you for your contribution! :D - TonyT S C 11:59, 23 December 2011 (EST)
The official timeline and its effect on Timeline Theories
As I've sort of outlined in History of the Zelda Timeline#The official timeline and its effect on Timeline Theories, Hyrule Historia kind of tossed up all the fan Timeline Theories, making a lot of the articles instantly outdated. Anyone have any good ideas on what to do with the [[Category:Timeline]] articles? Mighty Dekunut 16:00, 7 January 2012 (EST)