Zeffa is a blue Bird that swoops down and Warps Link to any one of the activated Wind Crests scattered across Hyrule. Link can summon Zeffa by using the Ocarina of Wind, an item found after defeating Mazaal in the Fortress of Winds. Once the Ocarina of Wind is obtained, Zeffa will transport Link around Hyrule regardless of how many Wind Crests he has uncovered.
- Link can avoid being Warped by Zeffa if he moves out of the way of Zeffa's swoop after calling for it using the Ocarina of Wind.
- Zeffa can be seen at the Picori Festival, perched atop the Wind Crest in Hyrule Town.
Zeffa may come from ゼッファー (Zeffā), a transliteration of the English word "Zephyr," meaning a gentle breeze or west wind.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Italian||Rocchino||It may be a diminutive of Roc|
- "All we have to do is use the Ocarina of Wind to call Zeffa! If we stand on a Wind Crest and call him, he'll take us where we want to go!" — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 270
- "Aha!! So that mysterious mark we've been seeing is a Wind Crest. If you play the Ocarina of Wind, Zeffa comes to pick you up and fly you away. That means we can have Zeffa carry us to any other Wind Crest we've seen." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)