Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Yiga Clan Hideout
The Yiga Clan mainly consist of Yiga Footsoldiers and Yiga Blademasters. They are known for stealing information and supplies from the Gerudo Tribe. Their base, the Yiga Clan Hideout, can be found in the Gerudo Region up north through the Karusa Valley. The Yiga Clan's symbol, usually found on their masks, is the Eye Symbol of the Sheikah Tribe flipped upside-down. Outside of their Hideout, Yiga Clan members can randomly appear to attack Link. This happens more often after Link invades their hideout and defeats their leader, Master Kohga. The Yiga will also sometimes disguise themselves as travelers, only to attack Link when he speaks to them. While sneaking around in the Yiga Clan Hideout, Link can take advantage of their love for Mighty Bananas by luring them with the fruit.
In Breath of the Wild, the Sheikah are described as an advanced civilization whose power and wisdom had saved the land of Hyrule multiple times. At some point though, their technological power came to be viewed as a threat to the kingdom and thus put them at odds with the King and the people. Then, the Sheikah were exiled. Some of them decided to cast off their technological advances and strove to live normal lives, while others fostered a hatred towards the kingdom that shunned them and swore allegiance to Calamity Ganon. The latter Sheikah call themselves the Yiga Clan. Their sole mission is to eliminate all who stand against Ganon.
With Kass's reconstruction of Urbosa's Song, Link glimpses Zelda's meeting with Urbosa in Gerudo Town 100 years ago. There, the Gerudo chieftain accepts the Princess's proposition to pilot the Divine Beast Vah Naboris. She is aware that the Yiga Clan were attempting to resurrect Calamity Ganon, and steal their precious heirloom—the Thunder Helm. Afterwards, the two take a stroll outside the walls of town, only to be confronted with two disguised Yiga Footsoldiers. She dispatches both of the would-be assassins effortlessly. At some point before the events of Breath of the Wild, the Yiga manage to steal the Thunder Helm.
- "Even if he were to die, his followers would never give up their one and only task." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Yiga Clan will track you to the ends of Hyruuuule!" — Master Kohga (Breath of the Wild)
- "Nooow...you must DIIIIE!" — Traveler (Breath of the Wild)
- "All I ever see them do is patrol and eat bananas. I haven't seen anything else that you could exploit as a weakness." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Long ago, an advanced civilization known as the Sheikah inhabited these lands." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "It was the power and wisdom of the Sheikah that saved this land time and time again." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "At one point, our technology was praised as the power of the gods...but eventually the people turned on it. Turned on us. Our creations came to be viewed as a threat to the Kingdom. The Sheikah became outcasts, forced into exile. Some, like us, chose to cast off our technological advances and strove to live normal lives. Others fostered a hatred toward the kingdom that shunned them. These sad souls swore their allegiance to Ganon. They now call themselves the Yiga Clan. Their sole mission is to eliminate all who stand against Ganon. Please, dear hero... be careful out there." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's said that, some time ago, they had advanced techniques that were more powerful than anything anyone had seen. But that power put them at odds with the king at the time, and they were scattered across the land..." — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "But after the Great Calamity and the king's death, the Sheikah tribe was split in two. Some became part of the dishonorable Yiga Clan..." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Princess of Hyrule. I accept your proposition without hesitation." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Not only are they planning to resurrect Calamity Ganon, it seems the Yiga Clan is also after our treasured heirloom." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "These thieves are highly skilled in both stealth and disguise. They refer to themselves as the Yiga. They slipped into town in the dark of night, stole the chief's heirloom, and vanished like smoke in the wind. We believe them to be descendants of the Sheikah tribe that splintered and turned to villainy. But why would they want to steal the Thunder Helm?" — Gerudo (Breath of the Wild)