Features and Overview
Directly near the entrance to the Wind Ruins lies a wall that can be destroyed with a Bomb; it conceals a cave with a Treasure Chest containing a Kinstone Piece. Scattered throughout the Wind Ruins are Armos, which were once used to protect the humans who lived there. Many of the Armos are inactive and must be turned back on. A nearby Minish tells Link that the statues were constructed by the Minish and that their interiors contain a switch which can activate or deactivate them, allowing them to be destroyed. Inside the Minish's home rests a Treasure Chest, which contains another Kinstone Piece. There are three Minish Portals in the form of tree trunks that allow Link to access various parts of the Wind Ruins.
Scattered throughout the Wind Ruins are several stone effigies that impede Link's path. They disappear once all of the nearby enemies have been defeated. Throughout the cliffsides of the Wind Ruins, there are several thin vines, which Link can climb while Minish-sized. One of the vines leads to a small cave, housing a Piece of Heart. Also found within the Wind Ruins is a planted seed, which will grow into a beanstalk when Link Fuses Kinstone Pieces with the proper individual.
One Armos will react instantly to Link's presence and move south to impede his path. In order to bypass this statue, Link must become Minish-sized and deactivate it from within. The three other Armos in the vicinity will cause two stone effigies blocking two Treasure Chests to disappear. The two Treasure Chests contain 50 Rupees and 50 Mysterious Shells, respectively.
After Link completes the Fortress of Winds, he and Ezlo are teleported outside to the Wind Ruins. There, Ezlo concludes that the Wind Tribe has since abandoned the Ruins and taken the Wind Element with them before pressing Link to search for the Water Element instead.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- A remixed tune from the Ocarina of Wind can be heard in the music.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||風のいせき (Kaze no Iseki)||Same as English.|
|FrenchEU||Ruines du Vent||Same as English.|
|Italian||Vestigia di Zefiro|
- "The land that they left behind became known as the Wind Ruins." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 80)
- "These soldier statues here were built by the Minish ages ago to help humans." — Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "It's kind of a secret, but there's a switch inside that turns them on or off." — Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "I do believe this is where the Tribe of the Winds once lived. Hm... So they've left for the heavens, and taken their element with them. It looks like the Wind Element is beyond our reach for the time being. We have no choice but to press on. Let's get out of here." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- "The element was not here, but at least we now have a clue to its whereabouts. You must use the Ocarina of Wind to open a new path. Well, there's no point in standing around! Go get that last element!" — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
|Locations in The Minish Cap|
|Click on a location|