A Wind Crest monument before being activated
Location and Uses
Wind Crests are revealed by touching small gravestone-like statues, revealing tiles with a treble-clef on it. Whenever Link activates one and crumbles the stone monument, Ezlo expresses his surprise. They were made by the Wind Tribe for using the Ocarina of Wind, which would allow them to move to any Wind Crest that had been activated. While searching for the Wind Element in the Fortress of Winds, Link encounters an ancient tablet left by the Wind Tribe detailing their departure from the surface world and their mastery over the winds. The tablet also instructs Link to utilize the Ocarina of Wind to obtain their power. After learning that the Wind Element is not located at the Fortress of Winds, Ezlo encourages Link to use the Ocarina of Wind to progress.
The eight Wind Crests, the Ocarina of Wind, and Zeffa construct the Warp system for The Minish Cap, and are of no use to Link until the Ocarina of Wind is obtained. After using the Ocarina of Wind to fly to one of the Wind Crests, Ezlo explains that whenever Link uses it, Zeffa can take him to any Wind Crest that he has previously discovered. The Wind Crest in Lake Hylia is already active by the time Link receives the Ocarina of Wind.
Unlike several of the necessary sidequests in The Minish Cap, unveiling and using the Wind Crests is not required for completion of the game.
|Mount Crenel||Beside the Minish Portal and Melari's Mine|
|Castor Wilds||In the southern section to the east of the Mysterious Statues|
|South Hyrule Field||North of Link's House|
|Hyrule Town||Beside the western wall of the Funday School|
|Lake Hylia||West of the Temple of Droplets|
|Minish Woods||Northwest of Minish Village|
|Veil Falls||Near the top of the falls, beneath Biggoron|
|Cloud Tops||In front of the Home of the Wind Tribe|
- "Aha!! So that mysterious mark we've been seeing is a Wind Crest." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- "Hey! That stone marker crumbled! And there's another of those symbols! ...You know, no matter how many times I see that happen, it still rattles me." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- "We are the Tribe of The Winds. Long have we lived with the winds. We have mastered them. Now, we join them. Together, with the great winds at our backs, we head for the skies. Those who come seeking our power must play the notes Zeffa teaches. May they lead you onward to the power that you seek." — Stone Tablet (The Minish Cap)
- "The element was not here, but at least we now have a clue to its whereabouts. You must use the Ocarina of Wind to open a new path. Well, there's no point in standing around! Go get that last element!" — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- "If you play the Ocarina of Wind, Zeffa comes to pick you up and fly you away. That means we can have Zeffa carry us to any other Wind Crest we've seen. Are you following me, Link? Don't hurt your brain thinking about it. Just give it a try, and you'll see what I'm talking about." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)