|Location||Dueling Peaks Stable|
The "Wild Horses" Side Quest is obtained by Rensa at Dueling Peaks Stable. When Link first approaches Rensa and asks about Wild Horses, Rensa will tell Link that Horses in the wild are untamed, but if Link can tame one and bring it back, his brother Tasseren will register it for him. If Link asks Rensa a second time, Rensa will say that there's no feeling like taming a wild stallion, and that he took second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition. When Link gives Rensa a certain look at this claim, Rensa will challenge the hero to a tame-off. If Link agrees, this begins the Quest.
The goal of the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition is to bring a Wild Horse back to Rensa in under two minutes. Several groups of Horses can be found near the Stable, and though any Wild Horse counts, Rensa advises Link to stay close to the Stable so he can record an accurate time. If Link travels too far away from the Stable, Rensa will call to him and disqualify him from the Competition. While participating in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition, Link cannot Warp to any Travel Gates or the Travel Medallion.
If Link manages to bring a Wild Horse back to Rensa before the two-minute mark, Rensa will exclaim that he can't believe his record was beaten so easily, and confess that the Competition was originally only between him and his brother. Rensa will then award Link a Purple Rupee for winning. If Link fails to make the time limit, Rensa will note that breaking two minutes is no easy task, and encourages Link by telling him it took years of practice to win second place in the Competition.
If a Wild Horse is nearby when Link attempts to start the Competition, he will not be able to participate. However, it is possible to summon Epona with the amiibo Rune immediately upon starting, which counts as a win.
|1||Rensa, famous for taking second place at the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition, has thrown down the gauntlet!|
His challenge: ride a wild horse to the stable within two minutes.
Wild horses are very wary of people, so this will be no mean feat.
|Complete||You rode a wild horse to the stable before time ran out!|
Rensa looks a little put out to have been dethroned in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition.
- "Wild Horses" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you manage to catch one, let my brother Tasseren know. He'll register the horse for you!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "They're wild, so 'til you calm 'em, it's gonna be one crazy ride. But there's no feeling quite like taming a wild stallion! Trust me—I took second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "HEY! I saw that look you gave me! ... Fine! You don't believe me? Let's go, pal! You and me. Right here. Right now. You want to challenge the second-place Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition winner to a tame-off?! YOU GOT IT, MISTER!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "This area is chock full of wild horses. Any one of them will do!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, where are you going?" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you go too far, then I can't record an accurate time. Could you try to stay at least somewhat near the stable?" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "You can't travel from here." — Sheikah Slate (Breath of the Wild)
- "Amazing! But...I can't believe you beat my two-minute record so easily... I mean, I won second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! To be fair, it was just my brother and I competing... Anyway, here's the purse for winning the second official Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! You earned it." — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hahaha! Breaking the two-minute mark is pretty tough, right? But don't be discouraged. I mean, it took me years of practice to place second in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition." — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)