The village is the home of several bachelor lumberjacks, who cut down trees and sell the wood for money. Everyone in Whittleton respects the forest for what it provides to the village, so for every tree they cut down, they plant a new one to replace it.
Link first arrives to Whittleton after retrieving the Forest Rail Map from the Tower of Spirits. Here, the young hero must speak to Dovok, the village's chief, in the northern part of the area and ask him how to get to the Forest Sanctuary and thus be able to meet to Gage, the Lokomo guardian of the Forest Realm. The chief tells Link to go through a path in the west called the Lost Woods, a path that the village locals usually take to reach the sanctuary. However, he advises the young hero to speak to the villagers first so that they can tell Link all he needs to know to be able to get through the woods. The villagers will tell him to pay attention to the tree branches of the Lost Woods, except for the fourth tree, which has "no sense of direction."
Sidequests and Force Gem
After Link obtains the Whip from the Ocean Temple, he can go through the northeast section of Whittleton to meet one of the lumberjacks who is running a minigame that involves using the Whip to swing across to the finish line. If the young hero obtains a low enough time, he will be able to win a Bomb Bag upgrade and eventually a Heart Container.
Later in the game, Link can also bring Dovok to Papuchia Village so that he can marry a woman there. This will result in Link receiving a Force Gem as a sign of gratitude for bringing the two together.
The village is also known for its abundance of treasure, hidden under the numerous leaf piles scattered about the small village, including Demon Fossils, Bee Larvae, and Wood Hearts. These small piles can be easily blown apart by the Whirlwind, revealing the contents beneath, if any. Moreover, a nearby store operated by Uriko also sells some of these common treasures for a price of 50 Rupees each.
There is a man southwest of the place who sells Lumber for just 50 Rupees. Link must bring this man five pieces of Goron Iron so that he can forge himself a new axe. In return, he'll give Link a Force Gem as a sign of gratitude.
- Each of the houses except for the shop has a painting of 3 leaves.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||サクーヨの村 (Sakūyo no Mura)||Sakuyo Village|
|Spanish||Aldea Floral||Flowery Village|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 113
- "The only thing our village is missing is some nice ladyfolk. Yep, we're all bachelors 'round here. It has its perks, but it can get lonely. Say, do you happen to know any nice single ladies?" — Lumberjack (Spirit Tracks)
- "We make a living selling trees and lumber. Let me tell you, we were in a rough spot without those Spirit Tracks." — Lumberjack (Spirit Tracks)
- "Everyone in this village respects the forest for what it gives us. That's why we give back by planting new trees. [...] The forest provides for us, so for every tree we cut, we plant a new one." — Lumberjack (Spirit Tracks)
- "So you want to get to the Forest Sanctuary, do you? There's a path we locals usually take. Just go west of this village to find it." — Dovok (Spirit Tracks)
- "But listen, young fellow-- it's called the Lost Woods for a good reason. One wrong step, and boom! You go right back to the entrance. Talk to the locals here. They can tell you what you need to know." — Dovok (Spirit Tracks)
- "Just pay attention to the tree branches." — Whittleton Villager (Spirit Tracks)
- "Just don't pay attention to that fourth tree. It has no sense of direction." — Whittleton Villager (Spirit Tracks)
|Stations in Spirit Tracks|
Click on a station