Features and Overview
The station is home to an icy spring and a man named Ferrus, who is a train enthusiast. A Stamp Station is also located at the far north of the spring, which can only be accessed with the help of the boomerang. Link first stumbles into the station after revealing the Spirit Tracks to the Snow Temple. However, Ferrus is usually never home and is instead traveling around the four realms of Hyrule taking photos of trains. Inside his house Link can find information on Spacetime Gates and how to safely transport passengers in the Spirit Train.
Story and Force Gems
After completing the Ocean Temple, Link must bring Noko, an Anouki, to the Wellspring Station since he wants to start selling Mega Ice again, and the only way to make the special ice is by having clean, pure water from a cold spring. By transporting the Anouki to the station's spring, he will reward the young hero with a Force Gem, which reveals new Spirit Tracks between the Forest and Snow Realm. From then on, Link will be able to purchase 20 pieces of Mega Ice, with the price depending on how much Link persists to the Anouki that he lower the price.
Helping Noko is required to progress in the game, since his Mega Ice is the only item capable of cooling the hot rocks that obstruct most of the Goron Village in the Fire Realm.
- In the Latin American version of the game, the place's name is "Lago Hiéloston". Hiéloston is a pun that combines the word "Hielo" (Ice) and the name "Yellowstone" (the name of a real life place in the United States). The resulting name can be accurately translated into "Yellowstone Lake", and literally translated into "Icestone Lake"
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Gare du bord du lac|
|SpanishLA||Lago Hiéloston||See trivia section|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 290
- "I hear a young guy named Ferrus lives over in the plains to the east. He might have some information that can help ya! Why not go say hey?" — Honcho (Spirit Tracks)
- "Hey! Guy! Even though it's sunny out, it's snowin' in our hearts. As ya know, we sell Mega Ice here. But a little while ago, an Ice Chu Chu fell in the water... And ever since, there's been a gooey film floatin' on the surface... It's revoltin', I tell ya! I see ya got yourself a passenger car now! It's fate, I tell ya! What's that? Ya say you've had it for a while? Well, that's news to me! Think ya can give me a lift to a cold, clear spring?" — Anouki (Spirit Tracks)
- "...All right, all right, I get the message. You want it cheaper, I'll go cheaper. Fifty Rupees. That's pocket change, and you know it. NOW will you buy it?" — Anouki (Spirit Tracks)
|Stations in Spirit Tracks|
Click on a station