- This is an article about the item in The Adventure of Link. For the items also known as Water of Life in The Legend of Zelda, see Life Potion and 2nd Potion.
Water of Life is a recurring item in The Legend of Zelda series.
Location and Uses
The Adventure of Link
The Water of Life is hidden in a cave just west of the Midoro Palace and must be given to an Old Woman in the Harbor Town of Mido who asks Link for his help in saving her sick daughter. To enter the cave, Link must have the Hammer to break the Boulder sealing it. The Water of Life itself is guarded by three Dairas. After returning the Medicine to the elderly woman, she rewards Link by allowing him inside her house, where he meets an Old Man who teaches him the Fairy magic.
The Legend of Zelda Game & Watch
In The Legend of Zelda Game Watch, Link may carry a single bottle of the Water of Life at a time. This bottle will contain a single dose of the Potion, which will automatically heal Link to the maximum five hearts if he should die. The Water of Life can also be used voluntarily at any point.
The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics)
The Water of Life appears in the The Legend of Zelda comics by Valiant Comics. In "Trust Me", after the townsfolk of the Water Town of Saria build a dam following Zelda's advice since their land was infertile, the dam unfortunately does not work and the princess comes to the conclusion that the land is cursed. At that moment, Ganon appears and presents a bottle which contains the magical Water of Life, and says that it will heal Saria's fields. However, he refuses to give it over until Link is captured, and the desperate citizens do so to obtain the Water of Life from the Prince of Darkness.
The Faces of Evil
In The Faces of Evil, Water of Life is used to recover Link's health and is the only form of recovery during a stage. Link can carry Water of Life inside of Canteens he receives from certain characters. The Canteen can be refilled by Hamsha and the Fairies of Spearfish Falls, as well as by bottles of Water of Life found in Fortress Centrum, Glutko, Lupay and Serigon Caves. If Link does not have a Canteen, then the Water of Life they give will simply restore his health.
The Wand of Gamelon
Water of Life is used in The Wand of Gamelon to recover Zelda's health. It is the only way to recover health during a stage. Zelda can carry Water of Life inside of Canteens she receives from certain characters. The Canteen can be refilled by the Fairies of the Fairy Pool. If Zelda does not have a Canteen, then the Water of Life they give will simply restore her health.
| Names in Other Regions
||命の水 (Inochi no Mizu)
Water of Life from The Legend of Zelda comic
- ↑ "PLEASE. MY DAUGHTER IS SICK. HELP HER!" — Old Woman in Harbor Town of Mido
- ↑ "THE WATER OF LIFE! QUICK COME WITH ME." — Old Woman in Harbor Town of Mido (The Adventure of Link)
- ↑ "THIS MAGIC WORD WILL GIVE YOU POWER." — Old Man (The Adventure of Link)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "This is automatically used when Link's life has reached zero and revives him with up to five hearts. It can also be used whenever you need it by pressing the bottom of the + Control Pad to revive LINK's life to its maximum. However, Link can have only one bottle on him at one time and it can be used only once." (Zelda (Game & Watch) manual, pg. 9)
- ↑ The Magical Water of Life - Ganon (Valiant Comic Issue #2)
- ↑ [It] will restore your fields, giving you all the food you need! - Ganon (Valiant Comic Issue #2)
- ↑ ...After you capture the evil Link! - Ganon (Valiant Comic Issue #2)