Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
War of the Bound Chest
|War of the Bound Chest|
|Game(s)||The Minish Cap|
|Occurrence(s)||Dark forces attack Hyrule, intending to cast the realm into shadow.|
|Resolution(s)||The Hero of Men uses the Picori Blade and the Light Force to lock the beasts away within the Bound Chest.|
The War of the Bound Chest is a fanon name given to the conflict depicted in the backstory of The Minish Cap which features the story of the Hero of Men and his exploits to save the land of Hyrule from destruction using the Picori Blade and the Light Force. It takes after the Era of Prosperity, during the Force Era and before the Era of the Hero of Time, prior the timeline splitting.
Long ago, during the early development of Hyrule, the kingdom was at peace after an age of chaos. One day however, the land was suddenly overwhelmed by evil creatures that descended upon it in swarms, driving the world into shadows and bringing the kingdom to near-ruin. As Hyrule neared the brink of collapse, the tiny Minish appeared from the sky and gave the Hero of Men the Picori Blade and the magical Light Force. Using these two special gifts, the hero drove the beasts back and restored light to the land of Hyrule.
To ensure the beasts could not bring further destruction to the land, the Hero of Men sealed them all within the Bound Chest. Sealing the chest with the Picori Blade itself, the Hero of Men was able to bring the destructive war to an end and brought peace to the kingdom. Meanwhile, the Light Force was secretly sealed within the body of Hyrule's princess to prevent its misuse, giving she and her successors many magical powers that would continue across the generations.
- Main article: Picori Festival
In honor of their service to Hyrule in the war, the Royal Family of Hyrule established the Picori Festival, an annual celebration to honor Minish. There were storytellers who recounted the stories of the war and the legend of the Hero of Men as well as a sword-fighting tournament, the winner of which would receive a Smith's Sword and have the ultimate honor of approaching and touching the Picori Blade itself. It also became common knowledge in the stories of the Minish that the Minish Door, the gateway to the Minish Realm, would open temporarily once a century to allow travel between the two worlds and allowing the Minish to either come to Hyrule or return to their homeland.
- "A long, long time ago...when the world was on the verge of being swallowed by shadow...The tiny Picori appeared from the sky, bringing the hero of men a sword and a golden light." — Prologue (The Minish Cap)
- "Long, long ago, and then even longer before that...Evil creatures appeared in the world of humans. They were powerful, frightening beasts, and they created such trouble! But then the Picori came from the sky, bringing humans powerful magic. With the magic light force and the Picori Blade, the beasts were repelled. And the world of humans once more knew peace, thanks to the Picori." — Marshall (The Minish Cap)
- "With wisdom and courage, the hero drove out the darkness. When peace had been restored, the people enshrined that blade with care. And the force of the golden light, embodied in Hyrule's princess, shone forth upon the lands." — Stained-glass window (The Minish Cap)
- "So as not to forget our gratitude, we hold this festival each year." — Marshall (The Minish Cap)
- "Whoever wins the competition earns the honor of touching the sacred blade." — Zelda (The Minish Cap)
- "They say that, every hundred years, the Picori come to Hyrule...And this is the 100th year, to the day, since the last time the Picori were here!" — Marshall (The Minish Cap)