Gerudo Outfit Merchant
In Link's journey to meet with the leader of the Gerudo, he learns that men are forbidden from entering Gerudo Town. If Link speaks to Benja outside Gerudo Town, he will tell Link that he heard of a man who snuck into Gerudo Town and that he is waiting to see this man in order to find out how he was able to infiltrate the Town. This initiates the "Forbidden City Entry" Main Quest, directing Link to the Kara Kara Bazaar in search of this rumored man. After this, Vilia will appear atop the General Store at Kara Kara Bazaar, where she is dressed in traditional Gerudo vai clothing. Speaking to Vilia, she will apologize to Link for being unable to assist in his search for a Hylian man who snuck into Gerudo Town. Link is given the option to examine her face closer, which flusters her. Link can accuse Vilia of being a man in disguise, which she will dismiss and consequently suggest that he leaves. If Link talks to Vilia again after this, she reiterates that she does not know anything about a man in disguise. If Link instead compliments her appearance, she will be flattered and offer to sell him a pair of Gerudo clothes. Vilia will charge 600 Rupees for the full Gerudo Set and prompt Link to put them on immediately if he accepts the deal.
After Link has donned the Gerudo Set, Vilia will squeal in excitement and assure him that nobody will suspect him to be a man while he wears it. Vilia also explains that the Gerudo Set helps with the scorching Temperatures in Gerudo Desert, referring to its heat-resistant Set Bonus. Afterwards, Vilia invites Link to enjoy a meal with her when he is free to do so. A strong gust of wind blows away Vilia's Veil shortly afterwards, revealing her face and shocking Link. Upon affixing the Veil to her face once more, she warns Link to watch out for the wind. Bidding farewell, Vilia tells Link to come back any time if he wants more women's clothing.
If Link talks to Vilia again, she will talk about the giant monster kicking up the sandstorm south of the Bazaar known as the Divine Beast Vah Naboris. Vilia claims that it began wandering the Desert several weeks ago and wonders what it is. Vilia informs Link that she also heard that the Gerudo Chief, Riju, is having trouble handling the situation and says that Gerudo Town would be helpless if the Divine Beast headed there. Vilia then changes the subject, saying that Link looks adorable in the Gerudo clothes. However, if Link speaks to Vilia without the full Gerudo Set on, she asks what happened to the outfit and questions Link's conviction to enter Gerudo Town. Vilia warns Link that the guards will catch him quickly if he is not disguised and tells him not to be shy about wearing the Gerudo clothes. Vilia then offers to sell each piece of the Gerudo Set separately for 200 Rupees each. If Link attempts to purchase from Vilia without enough Rupees, she calls Link} a tease for "toying with a lady's emotions". Vilia then yells at Link, claiming that she can make him squeal, only to quickly change her tone and offer to buy from Link if he needs money.
Wares and Pricing
|A mask worn by Gerudo women. It protects the skin from the harsh sun, but don't expect it to protect much in combat...||200 Rupees|
|Standard Gerudo garb popular for its open, breathable design and for the traditional Gerudo markings that adorn it.||200 Rupees|
|Gerudo favor this traditional sirwal. Its short length allows for ease of movement, and its subtle design is quite fashionable.||200 Rupees|
- According to Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion, Vilia's birth name may have been different from her current name.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- Vilia consistently refers to herself as a woman and responds negatively when accused of being a man, indicating that Vilia is either a transgender woman or that Vilia assumes the persona of a woman in order to access Gerudo Town and denies any accusation which would jeopardize her ability to enter the Town. In either situation, Vilia is intended to be seen as a woman in the narrative. Consequently, Vilia is referred to with feminine pronouns throughout this article as this article concerns the given identity or persona of Vilia and not solely the man rumored to have infiltrated Gerudo Town.
Specifically, Benja only hears of a supposed man who entered Gerudo Town without alerting the guards, a rumor which spreads to his fellow merchants who (alongside everyone else who encountered Vilia) are unable to recognize Vilia as the culprit. The only instance in-game in which Vilia is directly referred to with masculine pronouns outside of the context of Benja's rumor is by the second authorless Adventure Log entry for the "Forbidden City Entry" Main Quest. Vilia is referred to with masculine pronouns in the supplementary book Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion, though this does not supersede Breath of the Wild in canonicity.
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion (Dark Horse Books) pg. 97
- "[A man snuck in...] Wha— There's a man who got into Gerudo Town? And the boss says he comes here to the Kara Kara Bazaar? I guess it must be true if the boss said so... But I've never seen anyone around here who strikes me as a super sneaky guy... There was that pretty Hylian gal at the general store. It's unusual to see a Hylian girl dressed like a Gerudo... Her Gerudo clothes—I wonder where she bought them... Maybe if I wore those clothes... Ha, nah. I'm so out of my element with all this sneaky stuff." — Robsten (Breath of the Wild)
- "Going shopping when you don't have any money... You're such a tease, toying with a lady's emotions like that..." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, my! You sure say the funniest things, young man. Anyway, if you don't need anything, you should be off, then." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "I hear the man who man who infiltrated Gerudo Town is frequently traveling between Kara Kara Bazaar and here." — Benja (Breath of the Wild)
- "You hear that a man somehow made his way into Gerudo Town? I haven't seen any suspicious guys around here, though... Although I did see a pretty Hylian gal wearing Gerudo clothes at the general store, which was unusual... I wonder if just wearing different clothes would allow someone... Ha! Never mind. No one would ever be that crazy!" — Robsten (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Suspicious vendors?] A suspicious merchant, huh... From my point of view, pretty much any merchant that isn't Gerudo looks suspicious, you realize? Still... Yeah, I can think of someone... That one vai merchant in full Gerudo garb... She frequents the general store a lot. I'm sure there must be more to her story. But what do I know? Plus, I'm not going to poke my nose in another's business." — Emri (Breath of the Wild)
- "[There's this merchant...] Oh, yes. And many, many more than just one, to be sure. That's because all the voe merchants are gathered here, hoping to get access to Gerudo Town. They refuse to give up, even though voe are strictly forbidden from entering the town. Although... Now that you mention it, one merchant in particular did stand out to me. I saw a Hylian vai merchant at the inn before. She was wearing traditional Gerudo clothes, which caught my eye. She's probably still around town; that Divine Beast is scaring a lot of people out of traveling." — Ripp (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Seen a sneaky guy?] A sneaky what? You mean a voe, sneaking around town? I haven't seen anyone like that. There's a Hylian vai who likes to relax on the roof. Though in the afternoon, it's probably too hot up there." — Shaillu (Breath of the Wild)
- "You were able to find the man who snuck into Gerudo Town, and you got a Gerudo outfit from him. Put that on and you'll be able to pass for a woman while you're wearing it..." — Forbidden City Entry (Breath of the Wild)
- "Vilia" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's been close to a week now... The guards have kicked me out more times than I can count.. I almost gave up hope... HOWEVER!! I have learned only recently of a man that slipped into this well-guarded town! I heard that man is frequently traveling between Kara Kara Bazaar and Gerudo Town. I've been waiting here, trying to spot him as he travels! So I'm waiting for him. I plan on asking him how he pulls off his amazing infiltration. My plan is flawless!" — Benja (Breath of the Wild)
- "You heard of a man at the Kara Kara Bazaar who found a way to sneak into Gerudo Town, a place men are forbidden from entering. Try and locate some people who know his whereabouts." — Forbidden City Entry (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, my. What a lovely young lad you are. Do you need something from me? What's that? You've heard about a man who snuck into Gerudo Town? Oh, I don't know anything about him... Sorry I couldn't be more help." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Heehee... You're making my cheeks warm looking at me like that." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, well... You still haven't given up on your search for the man who snuck into Gerudo Town? I told you I didn't know anything. Do you always doubt someone's word?" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, such a nice thing to say! And I'm sure you'd agree that these clothes only help my looks, right? Now that I think about it, this style would look quite fetching on you... I'd have to charge you, of course, but I bet people would see you completely differently if you wore them!" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "What do you think? Do you want to buy them for...600 rupees? [I'll take them!] It's a deal, then! I'll take your rupees now." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Heehee... I have the perfect outfit for you! Go ahead and change into it right now. Don't worry. I'll look away..." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "♪Eeeeeeeee!♪ You look adorable!! Ahhh heeheehee... Just as I thought! You make for quite a good-lookin' gal. That's a traditional Gerudo outfit. It's such a striking look around here, I doubt anyone would even suspect that you're a man!" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "On top of that, it breathes so well that it's sure to help you deal with the desert heat... At least a little!" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm so glad I was able to help you out. If you're free to grab something to eat sometime, keep me in mind..." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "... Heh... Make sure you watch out for the wind." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you want to get more lady's clothing, come back anytime..." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "That giant monster cloaked in the sandstorm... If I recall correctly, it's called a Divine Beast..." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "I hear it started wandering the Gerudo Desert several weeks ago. I wonder what it is exactly..." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Apparently the chief of Gerudo Town is having a lot of trouble figuring out how to handle the situation. One thing's for sure—they'd be helpless if the Divine Beast headed for town." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "That being said... You look adorable! With those clothes, anyone around here might think you're a nice girl!" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "By the way...what happened to the Gerudo outfit I gave to you?" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I'm taking care of it.] My dear boy... You really do want to get inside Gerudo Town, don't you?" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "They'll spot you in a heartbeat if you don't dress yourself up. Those traditional clothes really do look good on you. Don't be so shy about wearing them, OK?" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "The outfit only really works if you're wearing the whole set... Which piece of clothing did you want?" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Gerudo veil is 200 rupees. Is that OK?" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Gerudo top is 200 rupees. Is that OK?" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Gerudo sirwal is 200 rupees. Is that OK?" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "I can make you squeal, you jerk!" — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Teehee, just kidding. If you're really in need of money, you could sell me something..." — Vilia (Breath of the Wild)