The Veteran Thief is encountered inside his house in Thieves' Town. He is friendlier than most of the townspeople, greeting Link kindly, and telling him about the song he sings when spoken to. His tendency to sing in front of complete strangers is actually to the hero's advantage, however, as his song contains part of the rhyme required to enter the Thieves' Hideout.
He also comments that Thieves' Town may be too rough for the young hero. He however, states that he does not mind the rough lifestyle of the settlement, as there remains a strong traditional emphasis on music in their culture.
- The Veteran Thief's house corresponds to the same location as the Bee Guy's house in Hyrule.
- Two paintings of a Rupee and a Heart can be found in the Veteran Thief's house. Link can merge behind the Rupee painting to receive 1 Rupee; however, the painting of the Heart cannot be reached as it is above his height.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Oh! Hey there, little guy! Sorry. I was just singing out loud. It's an old tune. You probably wouldn't know it." — Veteran Thief (A Link Between Worlds)
- "♪ Many years ago, I felt so free... Thought I chose the thief's life, but it really chose me. ♪ Every time I say I'm a-leavin', this accursed life sends me right back to thievin'!" — Veteran Thief (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Waddya think of this place? Little too rough for ya, eh?" — Veteran Thief (A Link Between Worlds)
- "I don't mind it so much. At least there's still a strong musical culture in this town. It's a tradition with us!" — Veteran Thief (A Link Between Worlds)