In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Venus lives in the Pond of Happiness located inside a cave on an island in the middle of Lake Hylia. Once inside, Link finds a long hallway leading up to a small pond, the Pond of Happiness, with two statues on each side. The pond asks Link how many Rupees he would like to throw in, which would then tell him whether he would have "good" or "bad" luck. The responses include "Great Luck," "Good Luck," "A Little Luck," and "Big Trouble." For every 100 Rupees Link deposits into the pond, Venus appears and grants the young hero the ability to either carry more Bombs or Arrows, with the maximum being 50 and 70, respectively. The Bomb capacity increases by increments of 5 until Link reaches 40 Bombs, where the capacity will then increase by an increment of 10 Bombs to 50. Likewise, the Arrow capacity increases by increments of 5 until Link reaches 60 Arrows, where the capacity will then increase by an increment of 10 Arrows to 70. After Link has received the maximum carrying capability for both his Bombs and Arrows, Venus will redirect him to a friend of hers, the Waterfall of Wishing fairy, who will grant him even more happiness.
Venus is last seen during the ending credits at her home in the Wishing Well, being named as the Queen of Fairies.
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books) pg. 388
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 228
- "Then I will increase your carrying ability so you can carry 50 Bombs at maximum. This is just a small happiness I can give to you." — Venus (A Link to the Past)
- "Then I will increase your carrying ability so you can carry 70 Arrows at maximum. This is just a small happiness I can give to you." — Venus (A Link to the Past)
- "I cannot grant any more wishes for you, but a friend of mine might be able to... She lives in the Waterfall Of Wishing near Zora's lake. I will return your Rupees to you. May you be happy..." — Venus (A Link to the Past)