Two Vassals from Hyrule Castle
|Objective(s)||Serving King Daltus|
|Vassals (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|These vassals serve the king of|
Hyrule. They are loyal and diligent.
Like the king himself, they are
courteous yet frank.
Vassals mostly stay within Hyrule Castle or in its Garden, though some scout in Hyrule Town, Lon Lon Ranch, and North Hyrule Field after Vaati turns Princess Zelda to stone at the Picori Festival. The Vassals with blue stripes guard Hyrule Castle, while the Vassals with green stripes patrol Hyrule Town. When Vaati impersonates King Daltus, he orders the Vassals to search for the Light Force and not allow anyone past Hyrule Castle's gates.
The Vassals follow these orders, with those stationed in Hyrule Castle Garden keeping Link away from the path that leads to the Elemental Sanctuary. The Vassals in Hyrule Town search for the Light Force, though their numbers dwindle and their morale lowers over the course of the game. Many of them suspect something is amiss with King Daltus, as the denizens of Hyrule Town do.
After Vaati transforms Hyrule Castle into Dark Hyrule Castle, the Vassals that were outside commit themselves to defending Hyrule Town, while those that were inside are turned to stone. After Link restores them with the power of the Four Sword, they promise they will help seek out the true King Daltus. The remaining Vassals that were turned to stone are shown to be restored after Vaati is defeated and Princess Zelda uses the Mage's Cap to undo the damage he had done to Hyrule.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Sujets du roi|
- "These vassals serve the king of Hyrule. They are loyal and diligent. Like the king himself, they are courteous yet frank." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "Waste no time! Go forth at once, and bring me the light force! Fling anyone who refuses into the dungeon! Him and his family, too! I will tolerate no disobedience!" — Vaati (The Minish Cap)
- "By the order of the king, none shall pass!! Now! Begone with you!!" — Vassal (The Minish Cap)
- "You know what? I don’t even feel like looking for that light force anymore." — Vassal (The Minish Cap)
- "Only a few guards are still out there looking for that light force stuff." — Vassal (The Minish Cap)
- "I’ve never seen the king like this! He’s so angry, so impatient! I hear he’s been just horrible to the guards, too." — Vassal (The Minish Cap)
- "Hyrule Castle has become nothing more than a giant nest for monsters! Those of us who are left must protect the town from those beasts!" — Vassal (The Minish Cap)
- "One by one, he turned us all to stone. Everyone, cursed by his evil magic... Then, the monsters arrived. Even paralyzed, I saw it all..." — Vassal (The Minish Cap)
- "The real king of Hyrule must be locked up somewhere in the castle... Please find him. As soon as we've recovered, we'll start looking, too." — Vassal (The Minish Cap)