|Hi there, ZeldaDoritos, and welcome to Zelda Wiki! Why not check out the community hub? To find out what's been going on recently at the wiki and what articles users are editing right now, head to the Recent Changes. For general wiki-related discussion and questions, head over to the Discussion Center. Also, for wiki usage and policy help, check out our Help Guide. We hope you enjoy the wiki. Thanks!|
— The Zelda Wiki Staff
There is no evidence that moon was never going to have a face; official art is not beta and is often stylized and doesn't accurately represent the game. The trivia is basically just saying how one piece of official Majora's Mask art doesn't have moon with a face. Champion of Nayru (talk) 05:24, 17 November 2013 (UTC)Champion of Nayru
- Perhaps this conversation should be taken to a more central location, so that other editors may weigh in.
- In the future, ZeldaDoritos, please keep conversations on a single talk page. Cross-posting replies splits the conversation between two talk pages and makes it difficult to follow.
- Also, out of respect for other editors, please be more considerate when referring to contributions that were made in good faith. Being rude does not invite others to understand and respect your disagreement. You've already been spoken to about this twice already. Consider this a reminder but also a warning: we won't tolerate editors who make no effort to be respectful towards others and their work. — Hylian King [*] 07:30, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, I'm used to using talk pages that way from other wikis. To be fair, it's a little easier for a specific party to remember what's going on (without having to resort to wackiness like following another user's talk page) when the latest is posted right on their page... it also makes a bit more sense within the concept of a "user's talk page".
- ...Excuse me? I don't see where I've been anywhere near the realm of "rude", certainly not towards Champion of Nayru. The issue at A Link Between Worlds is something else... I would like to point out that Fizzle lied through their teeth multiple times; there was absolutely no reason to assume good faith with them from second 0, and pretty much everything they said after only told me that my judgement was correct. ZeldaDoritos (talk) 17:06, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
- While ZeldaDoritos does tend to get excited, I'll admit I didn't really see any disrespect directed towards me in particular from him. Honestly, I somewhat agree with him in that this wiki, like most wikis, has a fair amount of poor trivia; calling terrible trivia anything other than terrible is simply dishonest. There are certainly more tactful ways of critiquing trivia, of course.
- There is a line between honesty and unnecessary negativity. Zelda Wiki is a project that hinges on collaboration and constructive attitude. Calling others' contributions "truly terrible and pointless" and "nonsense" is not constructive behavior.
- Those kinds of comments merely convey your opinion; they do not explain exactly why the trivia doesn't belong on the article. If you were to say they were, for example, redundant or irrelevant, and explained why they were so, that would have been fine. Speaking like this, instead of simply bashing others' contributions, lends much credibility to your argument. For example, here Abdullah took the time to explain why he removed the trivia, instead of simply dismissing it. He did what he thought was good for the wiki and did not deserve such a reaction from you.