- 1 Hello
- 2 "You" in articles
- 3 Italicizing
- 4 Lizalfos Gauntlet
- 5 VS Icons
- 6 Legends Character Pack?
- 7 Recently uploaded images
- 8 Sourcing
- 9 Master Wind Waker Images
- 10 The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
- 11 Links to art galleries
- 12 Open Tags
- 13 File Info Summaries
- 14 Hyrule Warriors v. Hyrule Warriors Legends
- 15 Corrections
- 16 Etymology Sections
- 17 Sandbox edits
- 18 Foreign Name Sources of the Pendulum
- 19 Divine Beasts
- 20 Compendium Template
- 21 Compendium Templates
- 22 Images from The VG Resource
- 23 Mipha's Grace
- 24 What is this image's source?
- 25 How did you get those BOTW models?
- 26 Enemies in Hyrule Warriors
|Hi there, Wolfgerlion64, and welcome to Zelda Wiki! Why not check out the community hub? To find out what's been going on recently at the wiki and what articles users are editing right now, head to the Recent Changes. For general wiki-related discussion and questions, head over to the Discussion Center. Also, for wiki usage and policy help, check out our Help Guide. We hope you enjoy the wiki. Thanks!|
— The Zelda Wiki Staff
"You" in articles
Hello, Wolfgerlion! Thank you for your recent contributions to the wiki! Just one quick little editing tip: using "the player" is usually discouraged from being used at the wiki, and even more using the word "you" in articles. For articles that don't necessarily have to do with a character (like Link, Lana, etc.), we try to rearrange the sentence structure so as to avoid these two words. For example, in this edit you made on the Adventure Mode article (thanks for creating that by the way! It was very much needed :D), you wrote this sentence:
"For an "A" rank, the player must complete the mission within at least 7 minutes or less."
By using what I mentioned above, the correct, more preferred way to writing this would be:
"For an "A" rank, the mission must be completed within at least 7 minutes or less."
Thanks again for your help, and we look forward to seeing more of your edits at the wiki! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me or any of the other staff. Happy editing! :) --Dany36 (talk) 23:31, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
Hey there. I just wanted to let you know that to italicize things, you should use two apostrophes ('), not quotation marks. For example: ''Hyrule Warriors'' becomes Hyrule Warriors, whereas quotation marks simply just quote it. Thanks for your time! - TonyT S C 15:21, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
Hey, bud, just checking why you modified the item names for those -- I confirmed them with my NA version of the game when I added them. In addition, can you confirm whether the image is correctly placed or not?KrytenKoro (talk) 19:39, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
When adding VS icons to pages, would you kindly include the Dark equivalent as well? Also, please refrain from capitalizing the "I" in "icon" in gallery descriptions. - TonyT S C 17:51, 28 April 2016 (UTC)
- Im glad my edits are at least getting admin people like you to put in the needed info that was missing from Hyrule Warriors pages so I at least hope my aid is appreciated.
- Secondly I dont have nor where to find the Dark version icon images if they are uploaded or not cuz you people take a Year and forever to update and add in the changes that are needed.
- thirdly, The Dark icon pic for Sheik is broken —Preceding unsigned comment added by Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 13:05, 28 April 2016
- For the sake of consistency, discussions are meant to be kept on the same page as they were started. So I've moved your response back here.
- All edits made in good faith are appreciated and welcome. Luckily, we have a category containing all the sprites in Hyrule Warriors Legends, from which it's possible to view the images. Also, the Dark Sheik VS icon had a typo in the name, so I fixed that. - TonyT S C 19:47, 28 April 2016 (UTC)
- Please remember to sign your signature with four tildes (~~~~). - TonyT S C 22:58, 28 April 2016 (UTC)
- We can do corrections, but it's not something that we should be expected to do if one knows better. That's just leaving more work and more edits to be done, which could be focused elsewhere, you know?
- Signatures are added by placing four tildes (~~~~) at the end of your message. That's outlined in the Help Guide, which is there for whenever you're unsure about something. - TonyT S C 16:08, 1 May 2016 (UTC)
Legends Character Pack?
So I noticed with your uploaded screenshot of Skull Kid kicking the moon looked like it was HW-quality as opposed to HWL-quality. Was it actually taken from HW? I wanted to ask if you knew if the Legends Character Pack came out for HW recently, and when, since our page on it still says "summer 2016." Thanks. - Midoro (T C) 16:18, 12 May 2016 (UTC)
- The Recent Trailer shown by GameXplain shows the upcoming Wind Waker Pack as well as Medli only. I do not know who put "Summer 2016" for the Legends Character Pack for Hyrule Warriors. And Yes the Screenshots were taken from HW footage other than HWL footage for I thought it would best to show actions in better well-made quality from the Wii U rather than the 3DS quality. Plus when characters are doing their special moves and Focus Spirit in Hyrule Warriors Legends, a huge bar line of the character's weapon portrait comes up with blocks the animation. Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 16:26, 12 May 2016 (UTC)
Recently uploaded images
Hey there, regarding those images you have been uploading lately:
- Please use the correct naming conventions when naming a file, as you've been missing the game's initialisms (in this case HW) in some images and have been mixing caps with lowercases when initializing each word.
- Please avoid uploading screencaps from YouTube as they tend to be really low quality and some of them even have annotations on them. Instead, try to get those images yourself directly from the game, as they are both high quality and native resolution. When doing so, don't forget to use the original source template when uploading them to let users know you took the image yourself.
- It's not necessary to add "Screenshot of [...] in HW" to the image's summary as the rest of the file info already shows that.
- If the images you upload are taken directly from a game, then they are copyrighted material, so please don't forget to add the correct licensing.
- Happy to help. Unfortunately I do not have the equipment to screenshot from my Wii U itself from the game itself, so Youtube is the best I got. Even tho I do my bed to look for the bed ones. Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 01:07, 1 June 2016 (UTC)
- Instead of taking images with weird resolutions, try taking them in 720p.
- Hit the Wii U home menu button when you've got a shot you want, open the Wii U internet browser, go to:
- Connect your Wii U to a Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr account, then upload images using that. You'll have to retrieve from wherever they're uploaded, but they will be the next acceptable alternative to 1080p shots. - TonyT S C 02:45, 8 June 2016 (UTC)
"From Zeldapedia" is not a valid entry for sourcing. Please be sure to include a link to the file page and Zeldapedia's name, as you can see from this example for File:HW Lizalfos Artwork.png:
- Sorry Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 04:18, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
- Additionally, it's an uploader's responsibility to include the source of an image when they upload. Please properly source the following files:
- File:HW Stalchild Artwork.png
- File:HW Bulblin Artwork.png
- File:HWL Big Blin and Stone Blin Artwork.png
- File:HW Deku Baba Artwork.png
- File:HW Beamos Artwork.png
- File:HWDE Big Blin Portrait.png
- File:HWL Big Blin Captain.png
- File:HWL Stone Blin Buckler.png
- File:HWL Stone Blin Helmet.png
- File:HWL Helmaroc King's Mask.png
- File:HWL Big Blin Hide.png
- File:HWL Big Blin Club.png
Master Wind Waker Images
Normally I'd do it myself, but would you kindly rectify your additions to character pages with this erroneous text:
''Wind Waker'' DLC Pack
[[Master Wind Waker]] DLC Pack
- Ok which ones need fixing then? Point them out and I'll fix my mistakes Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 15:34, 11 June 2016 (UTC)
- The ones in the Recent Changes that I haven't touched should probably be looked over. I can't sit down and collect all of them right now, unfortunately.
- Also before adding any Costumes that might be based on something, it's probably a good idea to check the FileInfo on the file's page. Those should be up to date as for what can or can't be justified as being "based on" X. The general rule is that if a recolor has no patterns or markings to prove without a doubt, it can't be certain that the Costume is truly based on the subject. If there are patterns or markings, it's less objectionable. - TonyT S C 15:39, 11 June 2016 (UTC)
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
For those of you who care to stop by and read this, this is an announcement from me gonna be telling you all that I wont be helping much on updating Breath of the Wild anymore. Reason is that I wish not to look at anymore footage about the game until the game has been released. I basically want to avoid spoiling myself on anything. So until the game has been released and I beaten it to completion, (or at least Story wise), you wont be expecting hardly any edits from me. Thank you for understand and I do hope the edits I did gave are appreciated. Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 23:59, 17 June 2016 (UTC)
Links to art galleries
Hello. I took notice that you added a couple of personal art galleries on your userpage. Normally this would be fine, however the content in them are rather inappropriate and should not be linked to anywhere on the wiki. We have userpage rules where inappropriate images and links to them, which includes sexualized characters, are not permitted. I apologize for the inconvenience, but these gallery links will have to be removed. Please do not link to them again. - Midoro (T C) 17:47, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- Oops sorry then. Hope i fixed it, Oh wait, I have to remove the medalion images completely? if so, then I'll do that. and Sorry for the mistake. Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 18:26, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- Oh now I see the problem. Sorry about that then ^^;;; Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 18:39, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
File Info Summaries
Hey there. I just thought I should give you a tip on what to put in summaries for the File Info template.
When writing the summary, try and write it for how it would be in a gallery section description. That's basically the goal of the summary field: for people to just grab that description when adding files to pages.
Unless it's artwork/a render (which would still be called artwork, it's a little complicated), there's no need to specify the filetype in the summary, as it's already listed in the type field. For the same reason, it's not necessary to specify what game it is, either. I find it helpful and easier than trying to come up with stuff time and again, so I hope that helps. - TonyT S C 15:52, 1 July 2016 (UTC)
Hyrule Warriors v. Hyrule Warriors Legends
Adding Template:HWL to an infobox is wholly unnecessary if Template:HW is present. HWL is an enhanced port of HW, so it goes without saying that the content in HW will likely be in HWL. If content is exclusive to HWL, then it becomes appropriate. - TonyT S C 01:17, 5 July 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry in a bad mood right now. My knee is broken and Im cranky at being inactivate. Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 01:32, 5 July 2016 (UTC)
I see you're uploading things from TMR, so here's some reminders:
- The site is named "Models Resource" not "Model Resources".
- Do not mark anything as "HWS" unless it's released simultaneously for both.
- Do not state which filetype or game the image is from in the summary. You've been told about this before. Generally, keep to "(Subject), as seen in-game" for a summary if you're doing models.
- Reason why i keep putting HWS cuz they can be found and seen in both HW and HWL Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 16:52, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
- Ok can u please tell me whats the proper coding for that? cuz when I try to put the table on the left, it just accidentally kills the whole list of Etymology names. Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 13:40, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
Please do not edit other people's sandbox pages without their permission. This is common courtesy. If you want to give suggestions to add to a sandbox page, please suggest them on the user's talk page. - Midoro (T C) 17:41, 10 October 2016 (UTC)
Foreign Name Sources of the Pendulum
- Oh Im very deeply and horribly sorry. But unfortunately, I knew those name for the Pendulum in those languages because I was taking a different Language course. I knew the other languages for pages has to come foreign versions of the game and guides, but I thought it also meant in real language sense as well. I'm very sorry again. Please forgive me --Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 12:30, 9 December 2016 (UTC)
Hey. When linking to any of the Divine Beasts, the link should be formatted as [[Divine Beast Vah NAME (Dungeon)|Divine Beast Vah NAME]]. "Divine Beast" is part of their full name. Thanks. Midoro (talk) 15:39, 2 April 2017 (UTC)
Hey, Compendium Templates and other commentary such as Fi and Navi templates always go under the Biography/Characteristics section. I have edited Guardian Stalker as an example of where they are supposed to go. (EDIT: oops I didn't notice Tony made a section about this, I guess I should have commented there instead) Hylian pi (talk) 03:20, 12 May 2017 (UTC)
- Meh, Ok but I just already re-clicked and fixed off the Template word out of everything already! T^T -- Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 03:23, 12 May 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks but why is each variant of enemies keep getting their own page? I mean the Lizalfos i can understand cuz of the Electric, Ice-Breath and Fire-Breath maybe, and the Cursed one too as well as the Stal one, but does the Blue, Black and Silver ones really need to be separated? they are just stronger versions of the original. and since when does all Chuchus need their own page? You said you wanted to avoid bulking edits, isnt making a page for every little varient of enemies kinda doing the same thing as well? -- Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 12:23, 12 May 2017 (UTC)
Images from The VG Resource
Hi, I saw that you recently uploaded models of enemies.
If your images come from The VG Resource, please also credit the submitter, see this for an example.
Also, if the image's depiction (in this case, a Club Moblin) has a page on the wiki, please add a link to it before the ", as seen in-game". (Don't forget the comma! :P ).
Hey there! First of all, I apologize for reverting your edit so quickly. I should've guessed that you were going to upload the artwork in the next few minutes. That said, I would recommend that you upload your images before editing pages and thus leaving bad image links.
Secondly, a for the images you recently uploaded similar to this one. We unfortunately won't be allowing it on the wiki as long as there is no official source for it, not on mainspace pages at least. That's why I reverted your edit again. If you can provide a reliable source for your images, we will more than gladly accept them. Because as they are now, they could very well be only fan arts.
- I do. And I always promise, when I am helping and working, they will have the Image as well. Hope you understand that as well~ -- Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 04:46, 31 December 2017 (UTC)
What is this image's source?
While browsing images, I noticed you once uploaded a new version of File:HW Bulblin Artwork.png and updated its source, however, unless there's something I'm not seeing, those two images are not the same. What happened here? Thanks! :) MannedTooth (talk) 08:06, 31 December 2017 (UTC)
- I think i was still learning on the rules around here back then. I believe the source is fixed now. -- Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 15:28, 31 December 2017 (UTC)
How did you get those BOTW models?
- They're from the Wii U version, and the files can be found here. You can use a 3D model viewer/editor to pose them if you're interested. (Blender, Autodesk Maya, or Autodesk 3ds Max are recommended.)
- Also, don't forget to sign your posts with four tildes (
~~~~). TriforceTony (talk) 22:47, 15 January 2018 (UTC)
- I commissioned someone on Steam to import the models from Models Resource into SFM for me. To him they were a "quickie" so they only have posable parts. I can't animate with them cuz they have no IK rig skeleton. And how do you mean about the right having longer fingers? they are the same. Just the Left is open and the right is closed. -- Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 22:56, 15 January 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for replying, oh, can you please keep this image? His face and mane is more exposed, and looks better (in my opinion), worried that zeldawiki deletes pictures when they sit in the file not being the latest one for too long (also, sorry for forgetting the four tildes). LynelFan (talk) 02:59, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
- Trust me LynelFan, I would love to keep that image, Including this image as well; https://wolfgerreyes.tumblr.com/image/169757424844 but unfortunately the staff would prefer for me to pose the models in resemblance to the Official Concept Artwork. If they didnt have any concept artwork, I bet I would have kept the poses I had plan to make them in. So we're both out of luck on that lol. Enjoy anyway -- Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 03:06, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
- Images are kept in logs on the file pages they belong to, so that image will remain there indefinitely. As we intend to put the model in a model viewer on Sketchfab, the image is only meant as a brief visual for gallery listings and such. On Sketchfab, viewers will be able to rotate the model and see as much of the face and mane as they want.
- Also even for models based on screenshots, a static pose looking forward is preferable to the pose of the Lynel turning. TriforceTony (talk) 03:49, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
Enemies in Hyrule Warriors
Would you be able to include which Maps and Battles the enemies you've been adding to the Enemies in Hyrule Warriors page (in the edit summary) so that they can be verified? For Adventure Mode Battles, they begin at the top left as letters which go down and extend as numbers to the right.
If you need an example, Maps usually start at the top left as A1. To the right is A2 and below it is B1. If you need a visual example for this, you can see it here. TriforceTony (talk) 01:36, 28 August 2018 (UTC)
- Wont that mean I would have to revamp the whole page to show it? It would look very long and messy list if it's being used like how the missions are displayed for the Enemy Warriors. And I wont remember all the areas they appear on each map, I would have to play each square again in the Definitive Edition to find them so some help would be appreciated. Thirdly, mostly would show that those that does appear in the Twilight Map and Termina Map shows that they are from all the series versions of the game while others are HWL and HWDE exclusive meaning they do appear in the Great Seas Map, Master Wind Waker Map, Koholint Island Map, Grand Travels Map and Lorule Maps. -- Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 01:44, 28 August 2018 (UTC)
- You wouldn't have to do anything else to the page. All I'm asking is that when you add these enemies to the page, you mention where you find these enemies in the edit summary so that we can go and verify the names (and collect their foreign language counterparts). TriforceTony (talk) 02:03, 28 August 2018 (UTC)
- Ah, well Copycats can easily be found in the DLC maps, Keep Reclaimers can be found on the DLC maps with mission that requires you to take control of 6 Keeps before the Rogue forces, Magic Troops and Magic Stash Troops are mostly found with missions that you have to defeat to identify real dark enemies from the cloned ones, Skilled Summoners can be found in the Campaign scenarios in HWDE and Messengers are usually found in alot of missions on any map where enemies go to a keep to call reinforcements. -- Wolfgerlion64 (talk) 02:10, 28 August 2018 (UTC)