User talk:TriforceTony/Archive 8
Why No Enemy Counts?
I counted up the bulblin enemy counts for the Goron Temple and added the information, but my edit was rescinded. What's the rationale behind not having enemy counts? Other wikis (Mario, Pikmin, Doom, etc.) all have counts. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Snarkybobo 15:31, 28 June 2019
- Please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~).
- We previously discussed and agreed that it is sufficient to simply list an enemy if it is present at all. It's important to keep in mind that Zelda Wiki's policies and style are not influenced by its peers, so how other wikis approach their own content isn't necessarily our concern.
- Many Zelda games have their own unique way of handling how they spawn enemies that are quite probably foreign to the other wikis you mentioned. As many of Zelda Wiki's policies and style decisions are made to reflect the series it covers, that format is invariably going to prove problematic. If it were something we were to implement, it would have to be carried out in a careful and calculated manner as to avoid any potential issues (such as locations where enemies can spawn infinitely, or spawn based on certain conditions or randomly).
- I think it's something worth considering, but I don't think it's something we should be adding until it's been given the proper amount of thought with regards to our own series. It might work well for Mario, Pikmin, or Doom, but the context and potential application changes for The Legend of Zelda series. TriforceTony (talk) 19:47, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
- If there's a change in attitude and editors want to tackle the job of enumerating enemies, feel free to message me. I would be willing to devote a considerable amount of time and effort in determining accurate counts for dungeons. I don't think it would be that difficult if we got a crew of dedicated guys on it for a couple weeks. Snarkybobo (talk) 22:27, 29 June 2019 (UTC)Snarkybobo
Should we still call them Fates?
Hello! I was wondering about what we should call the Fates/Fortune Teller ladies from Cadence of Hyrule. I've just beaten the game and apparently they're listed as "Fortune Teller" under the game's credits and are played by Elspeth Eastman (at least in name, not sure where they speak or make noise within the game), so should we change it or just keep their name to Fates? Whyguyswhy (talk) 00:16, 11 July 2019 (UTC)
- Some of us had this exact discussion elsewhere but it essentially amounted to this: stuff you find directly in-game takes precedence over credits and out-of-game material. TriforceTony (talk) 16:57, 11 July 2019 (UTC)
BotW minor NPC characters
I'm seriously struggling to understand why you undid everything i just did. I'd *sort of* get it for characters who formerly had a full model picture (even if the quality is, personally, abyssmal, so no I don't get it really), but when the character has... straight up no picture? What's the logic here. Even if you might get better images of the model in the future, having something you can actually look at in the mean time harms no one. And this renders every screenshot I had originally planned to upload useless (That's like 70+ portraits) --Goldythedoomed (talk) 23:55, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry for not responding quickly to this, I'm pretty busy today.
- Essentially the situation boils down to our article standards, which dictates that we keep model shots in the infobox (it's more complicated than that, but it's true for these pages) and everything else is secondary to that. As we already have model shots for most of these characters, we don't need closeup shots of them as well as that's redundant (instead we just need better model shots). In the event that there's no model shot whatsoever, even a closeup shot could be used (though it will need to be replaced) while we work on getting a better, full body shot. These should be uploaded as the model shot, and not as a "closeup". Pursuant to that, I've restored the Canni upload and moved it to the proper name. TriforceTony (talk) 00:52, 25 July 2019 (UTC)
It was difficult but it is finally split!
I tried to merge OOA and OOS sections following other weapons article's examples, but then you told me they have to stay separate and that if there are any merges already, they should be split. I have followed your advice and done that in the Master Sword's article. What do you think about it? Have a good day. --SilentResident (talk) 02:59, 11 August 2019 (UTC)
- I'm so sorry for not responding to this sooner. I don't remember ever getting the notification, so something may be up with the system. I think the changes you made are good, though, thanks for asking. 😃 TriforceTony (talk) 01:00, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
Mysterious Pond and Medicine of Magic
I found something that I think is missing from the Mysterious Pond and Green Potion pages for A Link to the Past. I was thinking about the pond for no reason and wanted to know if there was other stuff I could throw into it (that I didn't know about / remember) and I know that the empty bottles give you stuff but I didn't find it on the wiki.
If you throw an empty bottle into the pond, the fairy will return it filled with Medicine of Magic (Green Potion).
Now that think about it, the Empty Bottle page might be a good place to have that as well.
I wasn't sure if that info was there in the past but then was removed for some reason. I didn't see a discussion or talk page on that.
I don't know anything about how this wiki is set up or the other places that this might need to be added to. I also don't know the proper way to go about adding that / confirming that before it gets added.
Didn't want to step on any toes and this wiki is massive across many, many games.
Is there an admin or other user that would be the best person to talk to about adding this?
- Feel free to add it to the relevant pages (those three you mentioned). If whatever you add needs corrections we can always just make those afterwards. TriforceTony (talk) 01:01, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
- Will do. I don't have a way to get the video of it but I found this youtube video online showing the text of what is said. You can see the bottle thrown in at 3:37 and it shows all of what happens.
- Thanks for your help.
Thank you for clarifying that a map will be added soon, made the removal not sting as much Кэне_零三 09:15, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
BotW Armor Pages
Hi, I noticed on the Armor talk page that you mentioned there being a standard format for BotW Armor. Is there a template for these? I noticed that the set pages and individual pages differ slightly in terms of template (e.g. Hylian Set vs. Hylian Hood), with the set page just showing materials for upgrades, and the individual pages showing resale value as well. Thanks! Jamukdos (talk) 12:30, 16 November 2019 (UTC)
- I don't actually remember if we had an agreed upon format (there's early examples of what is ideal), but there's a few things we actually need to get out of the way to make a template for these articles. Namely we should be storing all of the cost/stat data with Cargo so that we can retrieve them elsewhere in different contexts (like sets and individual armor pages) with specific templates. I've already asked someone who can help work that out, so hopefully we can see some progress on that soon. TriforceTony (talk) 02:03, 17 November 2019 (UTC)
Why does it matter if the data from Zeldapedia is copied over here? The Zeldapedia was forcibly shut down due to corporate politics, so that information is frozen in time. It is of no use where it is and by bringing it here to update, morph, and grow over time it is of far better use -- especially on pages that are devoid of any content of substance. Both sites use the same Creative Commons license (CC BY-SA) and attribution was given in the description of the history. Кэне_零三 11:51, 15 January 2020 (UTC)