Fighter's Sword sprite...
Apologies for this, but I just reverted the version of the Fighter's Sword sprite you uploaded. I know you uploaded a very large version (which is great), but I wanted to keep the sprites consistent for pages such as Items in A Link to the Past and A Link to the Past Translations/Items and was going through Mariofan's unnecessary re-uploading of smaller versions and reverting them all. Unless you planned to upload extra large versions of all these sprites, having them at x2 size is basically what I've been doing for all the ALttP sprites. For some reason the hilt was different though, is it incorrect on the sprite I made? Let me know if you think it is, I thought I ripped it correctly but I may of made a mistake. Sorry about all this, just being OCD and making sure everything is consistent, do tell me if you had some other plan in place, however! Nice to see you still active here, I kind of dropped off for awhile. User:Fizzle/sig 00:59, 21 October 2013 (UTC)
- Completely understandable, and as it turns out, I do plan on doing them all. ^^ I stopped after that one only cause I had no idea what size I should actually stick to making them all... I wanted to ask someone, but I wasn't sure where I should do that since its for the collection of pictures. Though, since your here. :)
- I was thinking the sprites should be large enough so that they do not get stretch in galleries. The program I'm using can export them at any size without having any distortion issues. This is a random guess, but would you think it's about 50 x 50 pixels that the galleries display in, so anything smaller is getting stretch bigger?
- On a side note, you wouldn't happen to be part of the Skype group for the wiki would you? X) Pixel 23:06, 20 October 2013 (ADT)
- If I may step in... I think the default gallery size (120x120) is unnecessarily big for sprites. I've personally always preferred tables for sprites (and so has Dany), as you can see here, for example. That does tend to stretch the page lengthwise, though. Anyway, I would say 60x60 (maybe even 40x40) is enough for sprite galleries.
- I generally like x3 for sprites. Sprites will usually fit nicely into articles at x2 or x3 size, and a x3 sprite looks better resized to x2 than the other way around. Any less than x3 and I find I have to lean forward and squint a little to get a good look at it (which is a problem because I have perfect vision, imagine someone with myopia). Any more and it's too distorted; at a certain point it doesn't really look like much of anything, just a bunch of colored squares.
- Just my two cents. ZW doesn't really have any policies concerning sprites so use your best judgement. :) — Hylian King [*] 13:34, 21 October 2013 (UTC)
- On the Skype thing, I am, or was, but haven't been for some time. I will try to hop on again soon and catch up! With ALBW on it's way I am gonna be more active. I don't use my personal Skype on there so I tend not to log in much... I'll try to make myself available on it tomorrow perhaps!
- On the sprites issue, if we aim to reupload at x3 size, you can leave that to me for ALttP ones. I already ripped virtually every ALttP sprite and was pretty OCD about getting them right and have them all as PSDs still, so I can go through them all and just change them all to x3. My only concern are that it would mean someone would have to go through the Translations page and re-size them all to x2 to avoid the tables being too huge otherwise. That's the advantage of the galleries as opposed to tables...
- On the other hand if you wanted to just take the sprites I made and simply resize the pngs that's fine, as long as the colours aren't affected or anything. But, just saying that I can easily do that myself if people wished! User:Fizzle/sig 22:06, 21 October 2013 (UTC)
- I would love to have the sprites at x3 the size, and the example you linked Hylian King is a great choice to go by. I saw this as a good project for myself since it does not require as much work as removing backgrounds. Seeing how I've been doing this work away from home, I don't have my nice desk area let alone my mouse currently. So unifying all the sprites isn't hard, but more of time consuming project. If you would like to do the ALttP ones Fizzle, that would be great since you have some of the sprites on file as is. You'll notice that the Bee and Good Bee have already been up-sized... but they're way bigger then x3.
- One thing I noticed with the shield sprites is that we've kept extra space. This would have been so that they were all uniformed and would overlay onto Link's sprite, but do we want to keep this extra space?
- Last thing. I have been trying to be part of the Editing Convo on Skype, but both people I've messaged never replied. Not sure if I messed up in the messaging, or if the Skype chat isn't very active. Though originally I messaged them on my personal account, and have since made a new account. So can I get invited through you Fizzle, or could someone else help me out. X) Pixel 12:17, 23 October 2013 (ADT)
Scans of LOZ cartridges from different countries
- That type of imagery can be found on the main page of each game, at the bottom. Though we have very few images of cartridges themselves (two for LoZ, and a set on TMC) trivia section. However, we do feature more artwork of the boxes that contain the games, different countries included. :) You may like this page Box Art collection.
- I am personally all for getting more imagery, and would help out on this project, but this is something that should be addressed over at the DC. I couldn't individually make the call, and I'm not sure how different the cartridge vary from each other. --- Pixel TC 05:30, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
Are you a bot?
You seem to ONLY upload images.
- No, no I am not a bot. I do however upload a lot of images, because that is what I choose to do for the Wiki. Image work is something I generally like to do, and is something I can generally do well. Text based work is always a chore for me, and there is plenty of image work to be done anyway. However, you can take a look at this talk page and it's archive, and even scroll through my contributions if you are not satisfied with my reply. :P --- Pixel TC 01:23, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
The Super Mario Wiki's 'Shroom cordially invites you...
Hello, I am Tucayo from the Super Mario Wiki's monthly publication, The 'Shroom. As you surely know, this February marks the 30th Anniversary of the Zelda series, and we would like to prepare something special, with your help. As a landmark collaboration between our wikis, we want to invite you to write something for us, it can be a review of a Zelda game, a ranking of your favorite games in the franchise, overall thoughts or memories, or maybe even something telling our users about ZeldaWiki! It could be anything to help us make our February issue Zelda-themed. The issue will be released February 20th, so we would really appreciate if we could have your submissions before February 13th. You can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact us for any questions you might have.
Opinions on a project
So I've started working on something I've been thinking of doing for a while now, a User WIP of a page listing for the various different character portraits in the HW series. Having an opinion on it, as well as getting it up to wiki standard so it can be a mainstay page, could be appreciated. If you have any suggestions please put it here.
Ixbran (talk) 04:40, 9 June 2016 (UTC)
Any chance I can trouble u to make this pic Transparent for me please? File:BotW Costume Lynel Outfit.png
- Sorry for taking so long to reply, I have been super busy as of late. I would like to spend more time on images for articles rather then user content, but this image is a good example that clothing from different sets can be worn together. If I can spare time on a quick image, I don't mind working on this. --Pixel (talk) 14:28, 7 April 2017 (UTC)
Hi there! I don't know if it's okay to write non-wiki-related messages, but your User page said you welcomed it. Just wondering, are you also known as CaffeinatedPixel? I've seen that name a few times in images sourced from Miiverse, and I was a fairly active Miiverse user as well. Never thought to follow that user, though, until too late. :P -Htwretched (talk) 01:52, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
- I don't mind the random message personally, and I would indeed be a caffeinated pixel. :3 I didn't go on there to often, but it was fun and had its uses. --Pixel (talk) 02:26, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
- Neato. Thought so. Yeah, despite its limitations, I liked how most of the communities on there were able to stay on subject. Anyway! My message wasn't completely random. I was waiting for your confirmation to say: if you need to take more screenshots for the Wiki (or just want some for yourself), my 3DS firmware has that capability, so I could take requests. --Htwretched (talk) 00:02, 20 January 2018 (UTC)
- I myself shouldn't need any images, at least in the time being, but I know the Wiki is always looking for some good source images. It's awesome to hear you have firmware for this, and are into assisting us. I don't know what games you have available to you, but I know we need some better ALBW images. Image Retrieval has a few here that are a lil awkward to get, specially the Lorule Blacksmith's Wife and Lorule Solider. Just with where they are located and camera angles. You can defiantly message me more on the matter, and sorry for taking so long to get back to you. --Pixel (talk) 14:11, 22 January 2018 (UTC)