Welcome to my talk page. To start a new thread, click the "add topic" button in the upper-right corner.
- 1 Can you remove my contribution?
- 2 Category Idea
- 3 Questions on Translations
- 4 Email confirmation
- 5 Re: Mbox template
- 6 The Super Mario Wiki's 'Shroom cordially invites you...
- 7 Ocarina of Time recording
- 8 Change my name?
- 9 A quick question
- 10 Username change request
- 11 Hey
- 12 ALBW Template Imagemap
Can you remove my contribution?
i'm new to this forum and made a contribution (http://zeldawiki.org/index.php?title=File:TWW Ganon.png&diff=prev&oldid=427303). However, I had no right to upload the file and I feel bad for it. Can you please help me and remove my upload? I will contribute to this forum with texts in the future because I don't want to get legally sued.
And if you did so, can you please remove this request from this page?
I can't even sleep normal now, what have I done...
- Hi Adrenalin,
- I can delete the revision if you really want me to, but you really needn't worry. What you are doing is not illegal, and even if it were, you would not be the one held accountable (the liability lies with the owner of Zelda Wiki and maybe the staff, but definitely not you). Zelda Wiki claims the right to fair use for all images made by Nintendo. Zelda Wiki is a non-profit, educational site; we do not profit from using Nintendo's images. If anything, we're giving them free advertising. In fact, Nintendo has lately come out in support of fans using their intellectual property. They have further shown this by agreeing to interviews with Zelda Universe and Zelda Dungeon, who use many of the same images as us.
- Please confirm if you would like to have the image deleted. But I assure you, there's really nothing to worry about. :) — Hylian King [*] 20:09, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
It really would be better if you removed it. There could be a similiar happening compared to the sudden YouTube claims and sues. I don't trust Nintendo anymore. Adrenalin (talk) 02:13, 17 January 2015 (UTC)
- Your revision has been deleted as requested. Your name is no longer tied to the file. Sorry for the delay!
- For the record, I'm pretty sure those Youtubers were profiting from their videos. Zelda Wiki is, again, not-for-profit, so it's not the same situation if that's the case.
Hello. A question for you - perhaps there could be a category to distinguish the various dimensions/realms of the series? I mean places like Hyrule, Lorule, the Dark World/Sacred Realm, the Twilight Realm, etc. Drake Clawfang (talk) 03:40, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Drake! I believe what you're thinking already exists in Category:Countries. "Realms" would be a much better name for it, though... — Hylian King [*] 16:02, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
Also, would I be allowed to create a Trading Sequence page for the item trading on Crescent Island in Oracle of Ages? It is a trading sequence, in a sense - Link's items are stolen and he has to retrieve them in a set order, trading some of them to the island trading post, until he has all of them. Drake Clawfang (talk) 04:07, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
- That sounds like a great idea! I say go for it.
- For the record, I don't have the final word for these things. Editor consensus actually decides ZW's content. I could say the Dimensions category is a bad idea but if everyone else were to turn around and say we should do it, then we will. It just seems that recently, not many users are interested in discussing these things... — Hylian King [*] 13:11, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
Questions on Translations
Hello old friend. It's been quite a time... Remember me from the days way back? I recently got Majora's Mask 3D and came back to the Zelda series through it. I noticed that some translations of the remake differ from the N64 version... And also some new items have been added. But while looking at the translation pages, I noticed they have been splitted to individual pages... But what happens for example when I edit the Items Translation page, does the translation page for everything auto-sync with it, so the translation doesn't need to be typed there anymore or does it have to be done manually? Because that would mean double the work... And it could somehow cause inconsistence when someone forgets to add it on both... Thanks in advance for a reply SkullJ (talk) 18:50, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
- Hi SkullJ! Good to see you back!
- Yes you are correct. You only need to edit the subpage. The complete translation page will update automatically. (We had to split up the pages because they were way too big.) — Hylian King [*] 12:33, 7 April 2015 (UTC)
- Ok, that is good. Yeah I see that they have become quite big. I like to what they have turned, because I can also remember how they have been a few years back, with lots of informations missing. :) As new games come out, I guess I will always come back to this Wiki. Even if in the times in between those releases I do not have much to do with the series anymore. SkullJ (talk) 02:30, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
Hello again, Hylian King. You may remember that I was having trouble with my email on Zelda Wiki. Well, the good news is that I got an email confirmation from Zelda Wiki today and confirmed my email address. Though I haven't tested it yet, I should get a notification from some change on my watch list through email if it now works (perhaps, for example, by you responding to this note). Just thought you'd like to know that it should be working now! —The Sackinator (talk) 03:01, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
Re: Mbox template
No problem. Your optimizations were good.
Sorry for the terribly late reply, by the way. User:Vapid/signature 07:58, 23 December 2015 (UTC)
The Super Mario Wiki's 'Shroom cordially invites you...
Hello, I am Tucayo from the Super Mario Wiki's monthly publication, The 'Shroom. As you surely know, this February marks the 30th Anniversary of the Zelda series, and we would like to prepare something special, with your help. As a landmark collaboration between our wikis, we want to invite you to write something for us, it can be a review of a Zelda game, a ranking of your favorite games in the franchise, overall thoughts or memories, or maybe even something telling our users about ZeldaWiki! It could be anything to help us make our February issue Zelda-themed. The issue will be released February 20th, so we would really appreciate if we could have your submissions before February 13th. You can email them to email@example.com. Feel free to contact us for any questions you might have.
Ocarina of Time recording
Hi Hylian King!
I saw on YouTube that this wiki has an official channel, where you recorded some Ocarina of Time videos. Maybe you're not in charge of the channel but, I still have a question: what program did you used to do so ? In fact, I've recorded a video too to show an easter egg with golden Skulltulas; but it's laggy as hell and the quality isn't really good. :S
(BTW my game is in english because I downloaded the wrong ROM and I'm too lazy to change. xD )
- The person who I think is responsible for uploading it isn't around anymore, I'm afraid. I'll see about getting in touch with her, but I can't promise any solutions. - TonyT S C 17:05, 16 May 2016 (UTC)
Change my name?
I just created a new account but made a mistake while doing so. I would like my name changed to " HylianQueen" instead of " Hylianqueen". Is there any way you could help with that?
- I've already renamed your username to the requested one. And by the way, when posting something on talk pages, make sure to add ~~~~ at the end of your post in order to sign it. So welcome to the wiki and happy editing :) - Chuck * (Talk) 21:51, 21 May 2016 (UTC)
A quick question
- Could you be more specific? - TonyT S C 20:05, 13 June 2016 (UTC)
- I mean, how do I create a userbox tower? TrueZelda3 (talk) 21:20, 13 June 2016 (UTC)
- I'm not sure what a "userbox tower" is. That seems to be a term of your own creation. - TonyT S C 21:21, 13 June 2016 (UTC)
- I mean, how do I create a userbox tower? TrueZelda3 (talk) 21:20, 13 June 2016 (UTC)
- Ah, of course. You're using terminology that doesn't exist here. I went through the effort of looking into what MarioWiki does and the equivalent is Userbox container. - TonyT S C 21:33, 13 June 2016 (UTC)
Username change request
ALBW Template Imagemap
Hey, I was just looking at the Items and Gear tabs you edited on Template:ALBW Items , and the pictures don't seem to go to the right items. It doesn't seem like the imagemap is correct. Thanks, Bradtheconqueror-gpuser (talk) 18:33, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
- Hm thanks for letting me know. The maps were fine a few days ago — it might have something to do with the recent media host migration. I'll look into it when I get the chance. PhantomCaleb (talk) 20:12, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
- Things should be fixed now. :) PhantomCaleb (talk) 16:26, 22 August 2020 (UTC)