|Hi there, GeneralTarken, and welcome to Zelda Wiki! Why not check out the community hub? To find out what's been going on recently at the wiki and what articles users are editing right now, head to the Recent Changes. For general wiki-related discussion and questions, head over to the Discussion Center. Also, for wiki usage and policy help, check out our Help Guide. We hope you enjoy the wiki. Thanks!|
— The Zelda Wiki Staff
User page editing
Hello, there, GeneralTarken! I've noticed you've been making a lot of edits to your userpage. While userpages are a great way to express yourself, making multiple edits strains the server and clogs up the recent changes. We would appreciate it if you would try to edit some articles and come back to your userpage later. Happy editing!—Justin(Talk) 15:59, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
RE:Hero of Time
Sure thing, I would love to help. --TripleTriforce 23:42, 7 February 2013 (UTC)
I noticed you tend to edit pages multiple times in quick succession. Do you make use of the "show preview" and "show changes" buttons next to the "save page" button? If not, please do because they allow you to check for mistakes without having to make a lot of edits. :) — Hylian King [*] 22:42, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- I know about them but I save just because my internet cuts out alot so I save just in case.
- OK, it's just that it clogs up the Recent Changes and makes patrolling kind of a hassle. Maybe if you just copy everything to your clipboard before previewing? It only takes a second if you use the keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C, if you're using a PC. I dunno anything about Macs). — Hylian King [*] 22:49, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
Hey! Thanks for adding the eras to each of the character pages, you've been really helpful! However, just a quick suggestion. When adding multiple eras to the same character page, please use <br> to separate them, rather than starting a new line. It makes the spacing more consistent between pages. Thanks! Dannyboy601Talk 18:25, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
Adding the Era field on enemies
Hey! Thanks for the enthusiasm you've shown about helping out the wiki by providing additional information on each of the enemy pages about the era. However, since the addition of the Era field to the template enemy wasn't discussed beforehand, we must ask the opinion of other editors on its talk page to see if they think it's a noteworthy and valuable addition to the template. Until we reach a consensus, I think it'd be best to stop adding it to other enemy pages since in the end, it might get removed anyway, and all the effort you put into will be reverted. Thank you for your cooperation. Happy editing! --Dany36 (talk) 00:11, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, it'd be preferable if you would discuss the addition of that field on its talk page. It's usually the right thing to do before changing a widely-used template. ;) Also, we typically reply on the same talk page that the conversation was started, as stated in the ^notice you see at the top of the editing box when you choose to edit a talk page. :) --Dany36 (talk) 00:30, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
- Err...I meant you shouldn't keep on adding the Era field to the bosses since all of those edits MIGHT get reverted. :P Also, in the future, please reply on the talk page that the conversation was started on (in this case, yours) for ease of access as mentioned in the Notice above! Thank you! --Dany36 (talk) 00:37, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
Super Smash Bros Music
Hey there. Thanks for going through the trouble of uploading all of those Super Smash Bros. tracks, but unfortunately, we really don't have much use (or need) for most of them, so they're likely going to be deleted in the near future.
Also, I wouldn't advocate uploading whole soundtracks onto the wiki unless the files are actually going to be used. Otherwise, they just clog up the unused files list. - TonyT S C 23:06, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
- Indeed, although you have uploaded a lot of sound files, please only do so if you actually plan to add them to a page in the near future, otherwise they end up in the unused files category which oftentimes wind up being deleted. Also, a lot of the files you uploaded are already on the wiki, all of the Link's Awakening dungeon music, and more that I'm probably missing. We appreciate you trying to help out, but before uploading any more sound files, please ask yourself these three important questions:
- 1) Is this file USEFUL for the wiki? More often than not, Marth's winning fanfare isn't going to be needed, or any other SSB character music that isn't related to the Zelda series.
- 2) Is this file ALREADY on the wiki? If it already is, does your file have better quality than the one already here? If so, then go ahead and upload it as a replacement and not a new file.
- If the file is useful for the wiki and it's NOT on the site already, then: 3) in what article is this file going to be placed? If you don't know where to place it, then it's probably best that you ask first (either an administrator, patroller, or at the ZW Milk Bar) where you might place it before uploading it.
- Thank you for your cooperation!
- P.S. If you're going to reply, please do so here! We see that you have replied to our message by looking at the recent changes page! --Dany36 (talk) 17:16, 8 February 2014 (UTC)
- My main concern here is that we're treading a very thin line with these soundtracks. It's under the good grace of Nintendo that we have these on here, but if we receive a cease and desist from them, we'll most likely have to remove every single uploaded soundtrack file from this site. That's why we prefer to keep only what we need to provide information to the reader. As it stands, I believe that SSB music does not fall under our domain unless it is related to the Zelda franchise, and even then, only if it is actually relevant in such a way that it could be used to increase a reader's knowledge.
- I really don't want to sound like the bad guy, but we have to remember that soundtracks can become a legal nightmare, especially using them in full, whereas we should be using excerpts. Dany and Tony are just trying to keep the site's organization in mind, whereas I'm trying to think of the possible repercussions should Nintendo decide we're becoming a detriment to them in some way.—Justin(Talk) 17:33, 8 February 2014 (UTC)
- That's a funny coincidence then. In the Order of the Stick, a very popular webcomic, there's a character by the name of General Tarquin. Tarken is still an awesome name. Champion of Nayru (talk) 20:37, 21 April 2014 (UTC)
First off, impressive collection of game consoles and Zelda games! Also very impressed to see your completion of each in the series. Anyway, on your userpage it says you are "1 years old" and I felt that wasn't true. Just wanted to point that out. Davidvkimball (talk) 08:08, 9 August 2014 (UTC)