Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
User talk:Darth Nightmaricus
|Hi there, Darth Nightmaricus, and welcome to Zelda Wiki! Why not check out the community hub? To find out what's been going on recently at the wiki and what articles users are editing right now, head to the Recent Changes. For general wiki-related discussion and questions, head over to the Discussion Center. Also, for wiki usage and policy help, check out our Help Guide. We hope you enjoy the wiki. Thanks!|
— The Zelda Wiki Staff
Cremia and Madame Aroma
Hey there. I noticed you've been adding information that in the demo for Majora's Mask, Cremia and Madame Aroma are related. There's a few problems, however:
- Demos are non-canon and cannot be presented in the same way as canon information. And...
- In part of the story of the love dynamic between Anju and Kafei, it's repeatedly mentioned that Kafei probably "ran off" to be with Cremia. Since the demo would technically make them cousins and that sends a squicky message overall.
However, it's still interesting and usable information on the wiki, we just need to have a source properly cited for this information. Could you provide that, please? - TonyT S C 21:31, 12 April 2015 (UTC)
- I got it from The Cutting Room Floor. Most likely, considering how ignorant Anju's Mother acts already, she is unaware of Madame Aroma and Cremia's relationship, and simply hates Kafei and using Cremia as an excuse. --Darth Nightmaricus (talk) 21:37, 12 April 2015 (UTC)
Regarding your editing goals
Hey there. I just wanted to point out some things regarding your editing goals that you should keep in mind. The main thing is that since we're a collaborative wiki, it is generally better to bring up new ideas and proposals before actually starting on them. For instance, the goal on splitting the Great Fairies. I would highly recommend that you bring this up in the talk page first, as any sudden changes made without agreement from the wiki may find itself changed back. I'm sure some of the Great Fairies do warrant a split and their own page, but certainly not all of them.
Second, regarding the image replacements. It's fine and really great and helpful if you can get images of the character models and areas from MM3D, but we would not replace the older images we have of them. We'd like to keep images from both MM and MM3D, and they should be separate. Instead of replacing as new revisions, simply upload them as new images and add them to the pages. That's about it. Thanks. - Midoro (T C) 22:52, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
- Regarding the images, you did right at uploading them as a separate file, however, make sure to name them correctly. For example, instead of
File:MM3D Swordsman Model.png. Also, please don't add any extra information when uploading a file, such as the image needing cropping. Instead, you can just add the image to the Image Requests page. Finally, when adding the images to their respective pages, don't just replace the old ones, instead, add them to their image gallery on the same page. As The Goron Moron said, "We'd like to keep images from both MM and MM3D." - Chuck * (Talk) 23:26, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
Hey. I understand that you worked really hard on those pages, and while it was appreciated, we decided that it was ultimately better that the fish species just share a single page as opposed to each one having an individual page. They don't have much that can be written about them other than what little the games provide, and so for that reason it's just better that they share a page. Again I know you worked hard on those pages, but please understand. Separate fish pages were never a planned thing, and they are not very necessary. - Midoro (T C) 02:11, 8 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hey, Darth (Nightmaricus?), I feel like there was a lack of communication here that led to some unfortunate results. I don't actually recall informing you, but there was a plan set to keep the fish all on one page before you ever made those articles. I'm sorry that the work you've put into making it a page, but if you would like to discuss how it would truly benefit as a separate article, I'm open to that. However, at this point, I don't see how a separate article will really help it, since all the information on the article can be included in the list as it is.
- In any case, I apologize for the lack of communication here. - TonyT S C 20:54, 8 May 2015 (UTC)
Hello. I'd like to bring up that you've been starting a couple of edit wars on the wiki, specifically, by reverting at least two pages now in disagreement to the changes. Edit warring is not allowed on the wiki, and I have already warned you this before. The Skull Kid page has never reached a complete census yet on the talk page (it was suggested a sandbox draft be created first), and until then the article should stay as it was before. Please respect this, as the wiki is meant to be a collaborative effort. If you'd like to keep a draft of Skull Kid (Character), please do this in a personal sandbox instead of in the mainspace. I also recommend that you read the other sections in the Editing Etiquette help topic as well.
Lastly, please be more civil and respectful to the staff and other users here. Shouting or speaking to someone rudely is frowned upon. I know you may not agree with all decisions made here, but that gives no reason to be rude. Consider this to be a warning. - Midoro (T C) 17:42, 16 May 2015 (UTC)
Tri Force Heroes
The name is Tri Force Heroes. You can see it in this image here. "Tri Force" is spelled with the letters T and F capitalized, highly suggesting they are separate words. Unless Nintendo officially states it is spelled differently, "Tri Force" is how it's going to be spelled on the wiki. Thank you. - Midoro (T C) 18:18, 16 June 2015 (UTC)
- I know, I fixed the one edit you didn't get to. I didn't know. It just sounds like a weird name. If anything, it should be TriForce Heroes, not Tri Force, as there's clearly no space there. --I'm just a plain ol' Goron...Darth Nightmaricus (talk) 18:19, 16 June 2015 (UTC)