User talk:Chuck/Archive 1
- 1 Hello
- 2 Hey
- 3 Moving pages manually
- 4 About this
- 5 To clarify...
- 6 Autopatrol - Congrats!
- 7 Dungeon pages have the Places category in them
- 8 Don't erase it
- 9 Why did you undo my edit to the Ocarina of Time page?
- 10 Staff application
- 11 Hi man
- 12 Edits I made to the Zelda page
- 13 Link's Scarf
- 14 Talk page redirects
|Hi there, Chuck, and welcome to Zelda Wiki! Why not check out the community hub? To find out what's been going on recently at the wiki and what articles users are editing right now, head to the Recent Changes. For general wiki-related discussion and questions, head over to the Discussion Center. Also, for wiki usage and policy help, check out our Help Guide. We hope you enjoy the wiki. Thanks!|
— The Zelda Wiki Staff
I wanted to congratulate you on your contributions to the wiki so far. You're doing great, keep it up!
A couple things you should know: when uploading a file, please make sure the extension is lowercase (for example, .jpg instead of .JPG) as it is a wiki policy. (A complete list of Zelda Wiki's policies are located at Zelda Wiki:Quality Standards, for your reference.) Also, in case you aren't already using them, the "show preview" and "show changes" buttons next to the "save page" button can help you spot mistakes before submitting an edit. That way you don't have to make lots of additional fixing edits after the fact.
If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. The staff is here to help.
- Hello! Thanks for your comment :) About those things, the extension in caps was a mistake that I noticed after uploading the file, sorry :p I do use those features but most of those changes come to my mind after updating the page, but I'll try my best to get them before so I only edit the page once :) | Chuck (talk) 07:57, 11 November 2013 (UTC)
Moving pages manually
I noticed you manually moved "Dampa the Sailor" to "Dampa." Please avoid moving pages manually, as the page history is not brought over when you do so. If you're unable to move the page over a redirect, please contact an admin and they'll sort it out for you.
- One more thing: there's really no need to be changing links like [[Skull Necklace]]s into [[Skull Necklace|Skull Necklaces]]. The former is more efficient and works just as well; the "s" is automatically absorbed into the link.
- Yes, that's correct. There's also a keyboard shortcut if you prefer - if you hover over the "move" button it'll tell you what it is (for me it's alt+m, but it depends on your browser and OS). You can find more info at Help:Moving Pages.
I know I've been talk-paging you and targeting your edits quite often. I just wanted to say that I only do so because your edits are easy to patrol, since they're already quite good.
- I'm actually glad someone is correcting any error I might have :p The thing is, my browser has the spellchecker set to spanish, so it doesn't really help much haha And what I was actually wondering is, why is Sheik still referred as "he"? At least in the SSB games she is always referred as "she", like in her trophy description. Chuck (talk) 08:02, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
Autopatrol - Congrats!
Hey, Chuck! Just messaging you to let you know that you have been promoted to autopatrol. :) This basically means that your edits have proven to constantly be pretty freaking great and don't need to be looked over (or in wiki-speak, patrolled) by a staff member, so congrats to youuu! We really appreciate all of your contributions and hope that you continue to keep up your awesome work! Happy editing! :) --Dany36 (talk) 01:47, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
- Wow, thanks! I'm really glad I can be useful in this Wiki, so of course I'll continue doing my best :) So thanks again for the promotion! Chuck (talk) 05:25, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
Dungeon pages have the Places category in them
Hey Chuck. I was wondering about the practice of putting the Places category at the bottom of the pages of dungeons. I noticed games like A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds and others leaving that category out and only having the Dungeons category. The dungeons of Twilight Princess I've looked through so far have the Places in Twilight Princess category at the bottom. So I'm wondering if that category should be removed from those pages to make it consistent with the others. Any insight would be appreciated Wtc4ever (talk) 01:26, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
- You'll have to ask an admin about that as I'm not really sure it those categories should be left or removed. Pakkun seems to be around right now, so I guess he's your best bet. Chuck (talk) 02:06, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
- The Dungeons category is a subcategory of the Places category. "Places in (X game)" should be added to relevant places or dungeons that appear in said game, but obviously not every article reflects this.
- To answer your question: according to the Dungeons category page, dungeon pages should not have the regular "Places" category added to it. "Places in X" is fine, I believe. It's also a subcategory of the Places category, but I don't believe it would make anything redundant.
- Hope that clears things up. - TonyT S C 02:21, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
Don't erase it
Why did you undo my edit to the Ocarina of Time page?
- That is already covered in the Cameos of The Legend of Zelda page, so there's no need to add it there. Chuck (talk) 23:01, 29 August 2014 (UTC)
Thanks with the pages, saw that you needed pics for floor spikes, which games? I might be able to take some. Which one of these is better for OoT? http://imgur.com/a/7OpLQ PPLToast (talk) 08:18, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hey! Both of them can be used as they are different type of spikes. You can add images of any game that is missing, like for example ALttP or ST. Chuck (talk) 19:22, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
Edits I made to the Zelda page
Last night I made some edits to the Princess Zelda page under the Alter ego Sheik. You erased it stating that the information is already on the Sheik page. For that matter isn't all that information on the Sheik page? What can I/ should I do to make my post better? I just started and I would the help. LinksHero99 (talk) 21:45, 21 October 2014 (UTC)
- First of all, welcome to the Wiki! Now, like I said, that information should be added to Sheik's page, as it is about Sheik, not Zelda. You can help by expanding the Hyrule Warriors section of Sheik's page, as must of the HW information and sections in here are still a stubs. I also suggest checking out the Help page if you haven't already. If you any question, don't hesitate to ask me or any other member of the staff. Happy editing! Chuck (talk) 01:27, 22 October 2014 (UTC)
Request for help:
Most of the Hyrule Warriors sprites and materials are currently credited to the Koei Wiki. They have Link's Scarf, among other missing materials, at this page. However, my version of IE will only download images as bmp, so I cannot upload the image. Would you be able to?
Also, I have an inkling that File:LinksScarfIconHW.png may be an already-on-the-server version of the image we need (an image of the material with the box behind it) -- could you check? If so, that image just needs to be restored and renamed to File:HW Link's Scarf.png.KrytenKoro (talk) 20:52, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, it is the one you said, so I already restored it and add it to the Materials page. Chuck (talk) 02:26, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
Talk page redirects
Shouldn't talk page redirects be deleted as a matter of course? They don't appear if you run a search from a search engine, and you can't actually access them from within the wiki unless you follow the redirect and then tell it to go backward -- basically, anybody who would see it would already be familiar with the system. For history purposes, the history has already been transferred to the new title when the pages were moved.KrytenKoro (talk) 00:28, 12 December 2014 (UTC)