Tribes are ethnic groups of people in the The Legend of Zelda series. Tribes consist of numerous different races in the series, each having their own distinct characteristics, culture and homeland or territory. Different Tribes have appeared throughout the series, with some more recurring than others.
Certain monsters in the series, such as Bulblins and Bokoblins, have adopted simplified communities and social structures similar to Tribes, though not on the same scope as actual civilizations in the games.
Tribes in Other Media
Other Tribes have been referenced to in The Legend of Zelda series, but are not explicitly named.
In Tri Force Heroes, Madame Couture reveals that she and her sister, Lady Maud, are both from the same Tribe. Madame Couture describes this Tribe as possessing unique abilities that allow them to infuse magical power into the Outfits they tailor.
- "Herein lies Mikau, the legendary guitarist of the Zora tribe. He is to be remembered in song, and his lyrics are written here." — Mikau's Grave (Majora's Mask)
- "I am Fado of the Kokiri tribe." — Fado (The Wind Waker)
- "The dark beasts attacked, but even worse was the sudden and inexplicable change in the mountain-dwelling Goron tribe." — Renado (Twilight Princess)
- "This is the nature of the task given to my tribe. As a member of the Sheikah, the goddess's chosen guardians, I gladly welcome this duty." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "People of our tribe are gifted, my pet. Not just with a keen sense of style, but with real magical abilities! That's why the clothes I design grant the wearer special powers. The Lady must have gotten power hungry." — Madame Couture (Tri Force Heroes)
- "You know the one who started this war? Cia? We come from the same magical clan." — Lana (Hyrule Warriors)