Artwork of Urbosa
|Voice Actor(s)||Elizabeth Maxwell (English)|
Rei Shimoda (Japanese)
Laetitia Lefebvre (French)
Kerygma Flores (Latin American Spanish)
Marta Barbará (European Spanish)
Natalya Gracheva (Russian)
Urbosa is a Gerudo Champion who pilots the Divine Beast Vah Naboris. She is capable of manipulating lightning using her technique, Urbosa's Fury. Urbosa battled with the Scimitar of the Seven and the Daybreaker shield. It is said that Urbosa's movements resembled a beautiful dance when using the Scimitar of the Seven. Urbosa cares for Princess Zelda like a sister with a strong core. According to the Gerudo child, Pearle, Urbosa once saved Gerudo Town from an evil ghost.
In The Champions' Ballad DLC Recovered Memory, Champion Urbosa's Song, Princess Zelda arrives to Gerudo Town seeking Urbosa, the current Gerudo chieftain, for aid against stopping Calamity Ganon. Urbosa accepts Zelda's proposition without hesitation, as the Yiga Clan are planning to resurrect Calamity Ganon and steal the Gerudo peoples' treasured heirloom. Urbosa gives Zelda her word that she will not rest until the Calamity falls. Princess Zelda thanks the Gerudo chief on behalf of Hyrule and its king. Later, Urbosa and Zelda laugh while they walk outside Gerudo Town's walls. Zelda remarks that she has never seen Urbosa so serious. Urbosa cannot say the same, since ten years ago her "little bird" rarely smiled, referring to Zelda. The Princess feels like Urbosa has called her "little bird" before and asks where she got the name from. Urbosa stands still and orders two men who had passed behind them to halt and face her. She continues and calls the men traitors and that unlike them she prefers to face her enemies head on. After the two hesitantly look at each other, Urbosa draws her Scimitar of the Seven and spins around, telling them to do their worst. The two men, who are actually Yiga Footsoldiers, attack the Gerudo. Urbosa duels one of them before knocking the Yiga down using the Perfect Guard and hitting him in the stomach with her Scimitar hilt. She places the Daybreaker Shield on her back before using Urbosa's Fury to electrocute the second Yiga as he jumps in attempt to attack her from behind. Urbosa tells the Yiga that out of respect for the Princess, they may keep their lives and orders them to go. When the Yiga leave, Urbosa sheathes her Scimitar and brings up Zelda's question about why she calls her "little bird." Urbosa says that when the Princess was a small child, her dear friend called her that, with Zelda realizing that Urbosa is referring to her mother. Urbosa says that it was ten long years ago when the Princess's mother had left the world, yet her "little bird" still spread her wings and became the beacon of light Hyrule needed. Urbosa says that sometimes she forgets herself and gets lost in the past.
During Link's first Recovered Memory, "Subdued Ceremony", Urbosa is seen with the other Champions as Zelda appoints Link as her knight. After the Rito Champion Revali complains about the ceremony and Link, Urbosa tells him to give it a rest and that Link is a living reminder to Zelda of her failures.
Prior to the events of Link's sixth Recovered Memory, "Urbosa's Hand", Link is called to the Gerudo Desert by Urbosa. During the Memory, Link arrives to the Divine Beast Vah Naboris to find Princess Zelda sleeping in Urbosa's arms. Urbosa remarks that Link got there quickly and that she should have expected such from Zelda's own appointed knight. Urbosa then explains that Zelda is exhausted from being out on a survey all day. She then asks Link if he and Zelda have been getting along and quickly understands that they have not due to Link's response of silence. Urbosa does not blame Link for their poor relationship and explains that Zelda feels like a failure in her destiny when seeing that Link has succeeded in his. She goes on to explain that Zelda has put more than enough time and dedication to accessing her sealing power, even passing out in freezing waters during one attempt. Urbosa sympathizes with Zelda, saying that she would be doing the same thing and that Zelda is quite special. Telling Link to protect Zelda with his life, Urbosa turns to smile at Link and tells him that his role as her knight is quite an honor. With the night getting cold, Urbosa feels that it is time to take Zelda inside, but suddenly a better idea strikes her. Urbosa snaps her fingers to perform Urbosa's Fury, which causes lightning to strike into the Gerudo Desert and startles Zelda awake. Zelda turns to notice Link and questions what he is doing there. Urbosa begins to laugh at Zelda's confusion as she asks what is funny.
During Link's 15th Recovered Memory, "Return of Calamity Ganon", Urbosa and the other Champions wait near Mount Lanayru for Zelda to return from her journey to the Spring of Wisdom. After Zelda returns to report that she felt no power in the Spring, Urbosa suggests that they move on and that feeling sorry will not help. She also assures the Princess that the Spring of Wisdom was not her last shot and that they just need to find the thing that sparks her sealing power. Immediately after, Urbosa is proven wrong as Calamity Ganon begins to wake from its slumber. Urbosa tells Zelda that they need to get her somewhere safe before Zelda refuses, pleading that there must be something she can do to help.
Urbosa, as one of the four Champions who pilot the Divine Beasts, was a part of the plan to defeat Calamity Ganon 100 years prior to the events of Breath of the Wild. Urbosa and the other Champions met their demise to Calamity Ganon's four incarnations of Malice. Urbosa was defeated by Thunderblight Ganon. After her death, Urbosa lives on in the afterlife as a spirit and is trapped within Naboris. In Breath of the Wild, Link enters the Divine Beast Vah Naboris, defeats Thunderblight Ganon and frees Urbosa's spirit. Urbosa tells Link that she has waited for him to rush Hyrule Castle so that she can incinerate Ganon into a pile of ash. She rewards Link with Urbosa's Fury to aid him in his quest to defeat Calamity Ganon. Urbosa understands how Link and Princess Zelda have suffered regarding the Champions' fates. Urbosa accepts that things had to happen this way and no one need carry blame. She asks Link to let Zelda know this and that she could not be more proud of her. Urbosa concludes by telling Link to take care of the Princess and Hyrule. When the Divine Beast Vah Naboris aims its beam at Calamity Ganon, Urbosa remarks how Naboris, who was named after the Gerudo sage Nabooru, is a legend just like its namesake. Urbosa then says that Ganon once took the form of a Gerudo and likes that she can take her mission more personally. She says once a lock is established on Ganon, it will be up to Link to occupy it until she and the Divine Beast unleash their strike. After Link defeats Calamity Ganon, Urbosa's spirit is seen overlooking Hyrule atop Hyrule Castle with the spirits of the other Champions and King Rhoam.
After Kass plays Link Ex Champion Urbosa's Song, Urbosa speaks to him from within Vah Naboris. She says Link is an impressive man and allows him to use Urbosa's Fury more often. The Gerudo Champion finishes by saying Link is the pride of Hyrule and that she is leaving the honor of caring for Princess Zelda in his hands. Link is then given Urbosa's Fury +.
- In a bonus documentary about Breath of the Wild's making, director Hidemaro Fujibayashi says Urbosa is his favorite character. He also reveals that her name was the first one finalized in development, as it has a good ring to it.
- An amiibo based on Urbosa is compatible with Breath of the Wild's DLC packs.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ウルボザ (Uruboza)||Same as English.|
|ChineseSI||乌尓波扎 (Wūěrbōzhā)||Same as English.|
- "Please accept this gift, which has come to be known as Urbosa's Fury." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "I take heart in having such a rare visitor as yourself. Lady Urbosa must be looking out for us." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017) (VG), IMDb.
- "Still, the Divine Beast Vah Naboris remains. That one was controlled by Urbosa of the Gerudo." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "I want to offer you these as thanks for your help. I trust you'll accept them. These pieces of equipment are priceless treasures of the Gerudo people. They were once worn by Lady Urbosa." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "A famous sword once beloved by the Gerudo Champion Urbosa. It is said that when Urbosa swung this sword in battle, her movements resembled a beautiful dance." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Urbosa ゥルボザ
ゲルド族の女性。雷を操る能力を持っており、“英傑”の一人でもある。芯が強く、自分を貫く生き方を通しているが、周囲への気配りも自然にできる性格でゼルダのことを個人的に心配 している姉御肌な人物。" — Nintendo, ゼルダの伝説 ブレス オブ ザ ワイルド | Nintendo, Official Japanese Site, published March 01, 2017, retrieved March 02, 2017.
- "She was a Champion who saved this town from an evil ghost!" — Pearle (Breath of the Wild)
- "Princess of Hyrule, I accept your proposition without hesitation. Not only are they planning to resurrect Calamity Ganon, it seems the Yiga Clan is also after our treasured heirloom." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "You have my word, I won't rest until the Calamity falls." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Gerudo chief Urbosa... On behalf of Hyrule and its king, I thank you." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "I've never seen you so serious, Urbosa!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh my. I can't say the same. Ten years ago, you rarely smiled, my little bird." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Urbosa, I feel like you've called me little bird before. I was wondering where you got that name from." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Halt. And face me." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Unlike you traitors, I prefer to face my enemies head on." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Do your worst." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Out of respect for our princess, you may keep your lives. Now go." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "You asked why I call you little bird." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "When you were but a small child...my dear friend called you that, with the sweetest smile that ever graced our land of Hyrule." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "You mean Mother..." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "It was ten long years ago... Your mother had just left this world, yet her little bird still spread her wings and became the beacon of light Hyrule needed." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sometimes I forget myself...and get lost in the past." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "You're the one who wanted to designate the appointed knight with all the ceremonial pomp, grandeur, and nonsense we could muster! And if you ask me, the whole thing does seem to be overkill." — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "I think I'm on the same page as the princess regarding...this boy." — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, give it a rest. That boy is a living reminder of her own failures. Well, at least that's how the princess sees him." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link is called to the Gerudo Desert by Urbosa. There, he sees Zelda, exhausted and asleep. Urbosa opens up about her concern for Zelda and reminds Link that it is a warrior's honor to protect a member of the royal family." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah, well...you certainly got here fast." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "I should have expected as much, from the princess's own appointed knight." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "She was out on a survey all day today. Still as the sands now..." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "So...? Spill it, boy. Have the two of you been getting along all right?" — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's OK... I know. Your silence speaks volumes." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "She gets frustrated every time she looks up and sees you carrying that sword on your back." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "It makes her feel like a failure when it comes to her own destiny" — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Don't worry, it's not like you carry blame in any of this." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's unfortunate. She's put in more than enough time." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ever since she was a young girl, she's gone through rigorous daily routines to show her dedication..." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "She once passed out in the freezing waters trying to access this sealing power. And she has nothing to show for it..." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "That's the motivation driving her research. I'd be doing the same thing." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "She really is quite...special." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "You be sure to protect her with your life. It's quite the honor." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "The night brings a chill... It's probably time we take her in." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Urbosa! What was that?! Did you feel that?!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Wait, what—how did you—what are you doing here?!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Wh-what's so funny?" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Then let's move on. You've done all you could." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Feeling sorry for yourself won't be of any help." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "After all, it's not like your last shot was up there on Mt. Lanayru." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Anything could finally spark the power to seal Ganon away. We just have to keep looking for that...thing." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Come. We should go. We need to get you someplace safe." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "No! I am not a child anymore! I may not be much use on the battlefield... But there must... There must be something I can do to help!" — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "This formidable adversary was made by Ganon and brought me to a warrior's demise 100 years ago." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "I knew you wouldn't let us down, Link. Thanks to your valor and skill, my soul is free and Naboris is ours once again." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "I've waited so long for the moment to see you finally rush Hyrule Castle... As well as the moment when I incinerate Ganon into a pile of ash." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Both you and the princess...I know you have suffered much regarding what happened to us Champions." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "But this is how things had to happen. No one need carry blame." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "So please, make it clear so she understands that. Tell her to shed any worries. And let her know...I couldn't be more proud of her." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "You take good care of the princess. Oh, and also... Take good care of Hyrule." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Nabooru, Legend of the Gerudo, celebrated over ages. And you, who were named to honor her- you are a legend as well. Isn't that right, Naboris?" — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "It was written that Calamity Ganon once adopted the form of a Gerudo. And that... will make this victory all the more satisfying. I like that. Now I can take this more personally." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Once we've established a lock on that thing... It will be up to Link to keep Ganon occupied until the moment we unleash our strike." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "I must say, you are an impressive voe. You may now wield Urbosa's Fury more often." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "You are the pride of Hyrule, hero. Take care of the princess. I'm leaving that honor in your capable hands." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Champion Urbosa's divine gift. Summons powerful lightning to the surrounding area. Trigger with a charge attack by holding (Y). It now requires less time to recharge." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "I like Urbosa the best. That was the first name we finalized during the development too. It just has a good ring to it." —Hidemaro Fujibayashi (The Making of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Bonus Session)
- "You will be able to use these four amiibo in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Of course you'll be able to use these in the DLC packs you just saw." — Eiji Aonuma, Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017, Youtube, published June 13, 2017, retrieved June 13, 2017.