Tubert from Skyward Sword
Tubert is an enormous, bald Mogma. He is a cunning entrepreneur who runs the Thrill Digger mini-game at the Eldin Volcano, where customers can dig for Rupees at the cost of paying Rupees. He believes that serving treasure hunters is more profitable than hunting for treasure himself.
Tubert is found inside a cave near a Bokoblin village, however, the entrance to the cave is blocked by a large piece of rubble that can only be destroyed with a Bomb. Once inside, Tubert pops out of the ground and explains the Thrill Digger game rules to Link. He also tells Link that the Rupee Ore found along the walls can be shot with a projectile to yield Rupees.
Tubert claims to want his customers to admire his "best features". Because of this, he stands on his tail so people can admire his paws as well as his mustache. He also prides himself in his glasses, claiming they make him look fashionable.
Tubert is named after tubers.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "He is a crafty entrepreneur of the subterranean Mogma race. He runs the Thrill Digger game." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 295
- "A unique Mogma, he believes there is more money to be made in serving treasure hunters rather than being a treasure hunter himself." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "You see the shining stone sticking out of the wall? That's pure Rupee Ore! It's also why there are so many Rupees to dig up here. If you sling something at it, it'll pop right out. Go on and give it a try!" — Tubert (Skyward Sword)
- "I don't need to tell you that my paws are my best feature. I like to give all my customers a chance to admire them. That's why I stand on my tail--it does wonders for sales!" — Tubert (Skyward Sword)
- "And I'm plenty proud of my fine mustache too! Cute and curly, all the way. I groom it every day! Wait. That rhymed, didn't it?" — Tubert (Skyward Sword)
- "You mean my glasses? Looking dapper, eh? The round frames make me look even more fashionable!" — Tubert (Skyward Sword)