|Era||Era of Twilight (TP)|
Trill is an intelligent Myna who operates his Shop near the Forest Temple. If Link takes an item and leaves without paying Trill, the latter will peck Link until he pays. If Link pays less than the cost of the item, Trill calls Link a cheapskate, while paying more than the amount required causes Trill to call him a generous young man. He will call Link stingy every time Link returns if he pays less than he is supposed to for an item. If Link steals from his store and talks to Trill as Wolf Link, he reveals that his master got mad at him for it. As a result, he puts water in the Lantern Oil urn out of frustration. This does not effect the potency of the Oil.
Cadence of Hyrule
- In Twilight Princess, Trill will attack Bokoblins if they come too close to him and will thank Link if he defeats them for him.
Trill's name may be derived from trill, a musical ornament.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Pay the rest if you shortchanged the bird, or he’ll peck you the next time you use the shop!" (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 50)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 276 (TP)
- "Hey! Hey, you! I saw you fall from the sky! That landing wasn't very graceful. Are you okay? Oh! You're not Hylian? So you're new here! I'm Trill. Nice to meet you!" — Trill (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "This intelligent myna bird, owned by Coro, watches over the unattended shop in the Faron Woods." (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 50)
- "...Pay like you're supposed to next time, you cheapskate..." — Trill (Twilight Princess)
- "Hey! What a generous young man!" — Trill (Twilight Princess)
- "Pfft! Stingy! Cheap!" — Trill (Twilight Princess)
- "The other day my master got mad at me for letting a thief steal stuff... I was so frustrated that I put water in the oil urn!" — Trill (Twilight Princess)
- "That flash! It looked like the Triforce! I knew you were special! Thank you for helping to wake Zelda. She has been asleep for a while, so I'm going to stay with her to explain what's going on in Hyrule. You should try to find your way home! I hope our paths cross again someday soon, friend of Hyrule!" — Trill (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "GRRRARR! FWEEEEEEEEEEET! Hey! Punish the evildoers!" — Trill (Twilight Princess)