The Trendy Game Shop Owner runs the Trendy Game in Mabe Village. For a fee of 10 Rupees, he will let Link play a single round where he may earn one of the shop's prizes. The Trendy Game Shop Owner will also give Link a short instruction on how to operate the Trendy Game's Crane.
If Link brings Marin to the Trendy Game, she will ask to play a round, which Link will pay for. However, she grabs the Trendy Game Shop Owner with the Crane instead. The Trendy Game Shop Owner compliments Marin on her expertise, but then angrily demands that she and Link leave.
- The Trendy Game Shop Owner might be based on Takamitsu Kuzuhara, one of Link's Awakening's programmers.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ゲーム屋 (Gēmu-ya) (LANS)||Game Owner|
|FrenchEU||Gérant de la salle de jeu (LANS)|
|German||Kemenaten-Betreiber (LANS)||Boudoir Operator|
|Korean||바람의 물고기 (Balam-ui Mulgogi) (LANS)|
|Russian||Владелец «Зала удачи» (Vladelets «Zala udachi») (LANS)||Owner of the "Hall of Fortune"|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 106
- "Trendy Gamester" — N/A (Link's Awakening (Nintendo Switch))
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 233
- "The A and B Buttons move the crane...The rest is just timing! Go over to the buttons to play! Good Luck!" — Trendy Game Shop Owner (Link's Awakening DX)
- "You're good! You're a pro, aren't you? ... ... ... ... Well, beat it! Pros aren't allowed in here!" — Trendy Game Shop Owner (Link's Awakening DX)
- "See if you can find me running a shop in the game. Let's meet again somewhere in Link's Awakening." —Takamitsu Kuzuhara (Staff Questionnaire)