|Main Prize||Yoshi Doll|
The Trendy Game costs 10 Rupees to play. The game features a moving conveyor belt, which rotates an assortment of Items, and an overhead Crane that is controlled by a remote panel that utilizes the A and B-Buttons. The objective of the mini-game is to successfully grab one of the moving items by moving and timing the Crane so it can grab the desired item. The Crane is moved by pressing and holding the A and B-Buttons while standing on the panel's square; B makes the Crane move right while A moves it down. Once the Crane has been moved by both buttons, it will automatically descend and attempt to grab an item.
The items available includes two Rupees worth 30 standard Rupees, a Heart, Magic Powder and a Shield. The most important item that can be obtained is the Yoshi Doll, which sits in the middle of the room off of the conveyor belt. This item is necessary for the game's Trading Quest. By giving this doll to the Quadruplets' Mother, Link can exchange it for the Ribbon, and subsequently continue the trading sequence. Because the trading sequence must be performed up to a certain point in Link's Awakening, it is necessary to play the Trendy Game at least once.
- If Link takes Marin to the Trendy Game Shop while escorting her, she asks him if she can try it, which Link will pay for. However when she attempts the mini-game, she picks up the Trendy Shop Owner with the Crane instead. The Shop Owner compliments on her expertise before angrily demanding her to leave.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Jeu de hasard||Game of chance|
|Italian||Gioco alla moda||Trendy game|
|SpanishLA||Juego de moda|
- "Trendy Game" — N/A (Link's Awakening (Nintendo Switch))
- Link's Awakening DX manual, pg. 36
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc. , pg. 21
- "TRENDY GAME! One Play 10 Rs." — Trendy Game Shop Owner (Link's Awakening DX)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc. , pg. 110
- "Wow! Link , can I try this?! What do you say?" — Marin (Link's Awakening DX)
- "You're good! You're a pro, aren't you? ... ... ... ... Well, beat it! Pros aren't allowed in here!" — Trendy Game Shop Owner (Link's Awakening DX)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc. , pg. 106