Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Era||Era of the Great Sea|
|Wandering Merchant (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
Favorite Food: Rocks
These businessmen are traveling the world in search of curios and oddities, each with the hope of someday opening his own shop.
Nobody knows where these wandering merchants have come from or where they're headed.
Wandering Merchants travel the Great Sea in search of valuable goods and rarities. These Gorons can be found scattered across Mother & Child Isle, Greatfish Isle, and Bomb Island. They can be found on or near their rafts, which they use as their main form of transportation. The Wandering Merchants are distinguished by their enormous rucksacks on their backs and their characteristic hats that cover their entire upper face, leaving only one eyehole to see through. The Merchants seem to know where each other are stationed, as each one will mention which islands the other two can be found. They claim to be from a faraway place.
Wandering Merchants will trade with Link if he has purchased an item from Zunari. Each Merchant has a different item that Link may trade for. Every time Link trades with one, not only does he form the Merchant's Oath with that salesman, but the item he receives in trade becomes available at Zunari's Shop on Windfall Island. Link may continue trading items with each Merchant, receiving new and different items by trading with different Merchants. Link can ultimately receive a Piece of Heart by trading the Shop Guru Statue with the Greatfish Isle Merchant.
- Link can use the Deku Leaf to blow a Merchant's hat into the air, revealing that they are in fact Gorons.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||さすらいの露店商 (Sasurai no Rotenshou)||Wandering Merchant|
- "These businessmen are traveling the world in search of curios and oddities, each with the hope of someday opening his own shop." — Figurine Description (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 259
- "I'm what's called a traveling merchant. Just a poor wanderer cruising the world in search of rare objects of all sorts, new and old, strange and unsettling. I detected a scent wafting from this island that suggested to me that there might be something of value here, so I sailed my tiny raft all this way from far, far away..." — Wandering Merchant (The Wind Waker)
- "There are three wandering Goron merchants, one on Greatfish Isle (B4), one on Bomb Island (F5) and one on Mother & Child Island (B2)." (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Official Strategy Guide (Prima Games), pg. 23)
- "Oh, hey... I hear traveling merchants have appeared on Great Fish Isle and Bomb Island, too..." — Wandering Merchant (The Wind Waker)
- "They are essential stops in the trading quest that begins on Windfall Island..." (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Official Strategy Guide (Prima Games), pg. 23)