Tortus was Anju's father and the son of her Grandmother and Gampy. By the time the events in Majora's Mask occur, Tortus is already deceased. His name is only known because Anju's Grandmother often calls Anju and Link by the name "Tortus." Anju must constantly remind her Grandmother that Tortus is no longer alive, but she never appears to fully understand. However, there are a few hints in the game, such as in Granny's Diary, that suggest she might be faking her senility, and may find mentioning Tortus the way she does a convincing way of maintaining this illusion.
One of the questions in Keaton's Quiz asks for the name of Anju's father. The other possible answers are "Padre" and "Tertal".
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||トータス (Tōtasu) (MM)|
トーサン (Tōsan) (MM)
カメキチ (Kamekichi) (MM)
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Grandmother...I am Anju! Tortus was my dad..." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- "We used to be a cafeteria, but after my father died, the room rentals that were part of our service became our main focus." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh, Tortus. I've already had lunch." — Granny (Majora's Mask)
- "Didn't I say that I already ate lunch, Tortus?!? Impossible child!" — Granny (Majora's Mask)
- "It was my granddaughter who cooked again today. Putting that to the lips shortens the life! I thought of a way to get by without eating. I'll try it tomorrow. I just hope I'm not caught." — Granny's Diary (Majora's Mask)
"Then don't eat my food. I give up..." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
"Whew!" — Granny (Majora's Mask)
""Whew?"" — Anju (Majora's Mask)
"Er... W-W-Whewwwould you like me to read you a story?" — Granny (Majora's Mask)