Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Location(s)||Great Hyrule Forest|
|Use(s)||Spreading Fire (BotW)|
Navigating dark areas
Burning stumps (CoH)
Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Compendium Entry
Torches are a common item that Link can use to carry Fire with him and spread that Fire to stationary Torches and other flammable objects such as grass, bushes, and wood. Torches can also be used as a Weapon, but they have a very low attack power of 2. After being ignited by contact with a Fire, Torches stay lit until Link puts the Torch away or it rains. Torches are useful for navigating dark areas, such as the Thyphlo Ruins.
After first exiting the Shrine of Resurrection and meeting the Old Man on the Great Plateau, Link can steal the Old Man's Torch. He will then ask Link what he intends to use it for. If Link replies saying that he plans to use it as a Weapon, the Old Man will advise him to take his Axe instead. If Link tells him that he plans to use it to light Fires, the Old Man will tell him to be cautious. If Link refuses to tell the Old Man what he plans to do with the Torch, he will tell him to do as he pleases and will let him be.
Link can find Torches in the Lost Woods, which can aid him in navigating the area by lighting Torches and watching the direction the Fire blows with the wind. Torches are also useful for lighting all of the stationary Torches around both the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab and the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab with Blue Fire, as Link must travel long distances without the Fire burning out.
Cadence of Hyrule
Torches are items in Cadence of Hyrule, which allow Cadence, Link, Yves, or Zelda to see in the dark, light up braziers, and burn stumps that may be blocking their path. However, they have a limited use and go out over time, forcing the heroes to switch between different kinds of torches in order to light their way through caves and dungeons. They can be found in red Treasure Chests, dropped by slain enemies, or bought from a Shopkeeper for 10 Rupees. After a Game Over, torches can also be found at the Fate's shop selling for 1 Diamond.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Torche||Same as English.|
- "Great! You used your torch to burn the stump!" — Trill (Cadence of Hyrule)
This torch will stay lit once ignited, but if you put it away, the flame will be extinguished until you light it again." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
Increases visibility in dark areas. Can burn stumps and light up braziers." — Inventory (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Well then, just help yourself to that torch there. And how, may I ask, are you planning to use it?" — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "[As a weapon!] Innovative... However, that is probably best used to light fires. If you need a weapon, you can find something better. Many beasts roam the land past this point. You can take my axe with you, if you please. Assuming you can find it." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "[To set things on fire!] That is rather...unnerving. Please be cautious with that around any dry grass that might catch fire." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "[It's a secret...] I see, Well then, do as you please." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "Increases visibility in dark areas. Can burn stumps and light up braziers." — Inventory (Cadence of Hyrule)