Toppo hide in grass and leap from it straight into the air before dropping back down. They are weak, and can be defeated by any weapon in Link's arsenal. However, removing a patch of grass they are about to jump out of or land in will cause the Toppo to crash to the ground and lie there, helpless. If Link approaches a stunned Toppo, it will give him either a Heart, Arrows, Bombs, a big Magic Jar, a Fairy or Red Rupees and call him a thief before disappearing in a skull-shaped puff of smoke. Defeating them normally will only yield Hearts or Green Rupees. They are one of the few monsters that can speak. Toppo will no longer appear in the Great Swamp after the gate to the Dark World begins to open at Hyrule Castle.
- If Link cuts the grass around a Toppo, it may become stranded on the ground without even leaping.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||トッポ (Toppo)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
A Toppo, as seen in Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer feat. The Legend of Zelda
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 210
- "茂みに身を隠し、時折跳ね出すウサギのような動物だ。" (The Legend of Zelda: Kamigami no Triforce Official Nintendo Guidebook Over (Shogakukan) pg. 126)
- "All right! Take it, thief!" — Toppo (A Link to the Past)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1 (Shogakukan 1) pg. 126 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords (Shogakukan) pg. 19