Toffa is an elderly man who works at the Outskirt Stable. He can be found near the eastern entrance of the Stable, muttering to himself. When Link first encounters Toffa, he will ask Link if he has seen a White Horse before telling him that it has been seen on the nearby Safula Hill. As Toffa's grandfather told him that the Royal Family of Hyrule once had a pure-white Horse that grazed on Safula Hill, he suspects that this White Horse may be a descendant of the Royal Family's Horse. He then asks Link to catch the White Horse and, after domesticating it and registering it at a Stable, to show it to him. If Link agrees, Toffa will thank him and task him with the Side Quest "The Royal White Stallion". If Link denies this request, Toffa will dejectedly say that it was likely a "wild-goose" chase.
If Link returns with the White Horse before registering it at a Stable, Toffa will grow excited and urge him to register it and return immediately. Additionally, after seeing the White Horse, Toffa will begin to mutter about it. Upon returning with the White Horse after its registration, Toffa will exclaim with joy and gift Link the Royal Bridle and Royal Saddle as thanks and immediately equip it to the White Horse. Toffa explains that the Royal Bridle and Saddle were custom-made for Princess Zelda's White Horse and that his grandfather claimed the sight of the Princess atop the Horse was indescribably beautiful. Afterwards, Toffa describes his fantasy of riding around atop the White Horse with a woman like the Princess.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Tabos||An anagram of sabot (hoof).|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "You showed the white horse to Toffa at Outskirt Stable. As thanks, he presented you with a royal saddle and bridle.
According to Toffa's grandfather, the sight of Princess Zelda at the reins of her white horse was more beautiful than anything else he could imagine in the world." — The Royal White Stallion (Breath of the Wild)
- "Toffa" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Long...ago..." — Toffa (Breath of the Wild)
- "A traveler... Tell me, have you seen a pure-white horse anywhere? A long time back, my grandfather told me that he once saw the royal family's white horse grazing on Safula Hill... The thing is...just the other day, one of our customers said he saw a white horse on Safula Hill recently... Could it be a relative of the royal family's white horse from my grandfather's day? Well, if you happen to see a white horse on your travels, do you think you could bring it back to me?" — Toffa (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Leave it to me!] Thank you! If you see a white horse, please register it at a stable and bring it to me. The white horse on Safula Hill supposedly has a beautiful, pure-white coat without any mottling. I hear it's very elusive, though. Good luck." — Toffa (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Not worth my time.] I understand. It's likely a wild-goose chase anyway..." — Toffa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! You— That white horse! You can register that beauty at this stable's reception desk. Go register the white horse and then come right back!" — Toffa (Breath of the Wild)
- "You can register your horse here at the stable's reception desk! Talk to me again after you've registered your white horse!" — Toffa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Princess Zelda's horse..." — Toffa (Breath of the Wild)
- "My grandpa's stories were true? The white horse I dreamed of is right before my eyes!" — Toffa (Breath of the Wild)
- "There's something I'd like to present you with! These are the royal family's saddle and bridle! The royal saddle and bridle are custom fit for this white horse!" — Toffa (Breath of the Wild)
- "The white horse that Princess Zelda rode. The one my grandfather told me about when I was little... The sight of the princess riding atop the white horse was supposed to be a beauty beyond words... There's no doubt about it, this horse is the grandchild of that horse of long ago. So beautiful... So pure..." — Toffa (Breath of the Wild)
- "If I was a bit younger, I would go off on an adventure. I'd ride the white horse with a gal just like the princess!" — Toffa (Breath of the Wild)